TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree except I thought that maybe the LE descending upon the home might be a little more aware of what they may have seen, if anything...they were going into a "situation" which may have been unclear, but there was always the chance that a vehicle would be leaving the home or the area, IMO. As I said earlier, it hardly matters now, as evidently nothing useful was noted, as far as we can tell.

Most likely point of travel from LE would be from the main highway up - if perp went up - likelihood of anyone seeing them - slim to zero. This is not an area where 10 cars are going by - literally would be lucky if you saw one vehicle. Desolate does not begin to describe.

I have been going back to try to review comments from HB's parents and brother since the kidnapping and saw this one tonight which I don't believe I have seen. On other forums that I have been reading, people are beginning to question the whole scenario as to whether there was really a kidnapping. Does anyone remember seeing this interview? Any thoughts?

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story

I have been going back to try to review comments from HB's parents and brother since the kidnapping and saw this one tonight which I don't believe I have seen. On other forums that I have been reading, people are beginning to question the whole scenario as to whether there was really a kidnapping. Does anyone remember seeing this interview? Any thoughts?

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...the-day-she-vanished-20110722,0,6800717.story

Bumping Holly's FBI poster.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

and the Memphis field office info.
http://www.fbi.gov/memphis/wanted/@@wanted-fieldoffice?selected-office=memphis

Who would have ever thought we would be approaching a year without any word of Holly?

Who would have ever thought we would be approaching a year without any word of Holly?

It is hard to believe that Holly has been gone almost a year. A year of her life that she has missed. Nursing graduation, fun with friends, dates with boyfriends, and holidays that have come and gone.

I have followed the McStay family disappearance and it is incredibly frustrating that people, even whole families, can simply vanish without a trace.

It is hard to believe that Holly has been gone almost a year. A year of her life that she has missed. Nursing graduation, fun with friends, dates with boyfriends, and holidays that have come and gone.

I have followed the McStay family disappearance and it is incredibly frustrating that people, even whole families, can simply vanish without a trace.

Thank you Plumeria5, for talking about what Holly has missed.

I can only imagine how Holly's family and friends feel. :(

Yes, this is the one that gave me pause about the whole thing!

I wish they would have posted the entire interview on their website,
rather then these few edited clips from it.

Wouldn't you think Natasha Chen would have strolled to the window and looked out with the camera as her eyes. To show the folks back home,
the view Clint had as he guided her throught that fateful day?

One has to wonder what got left on the cutting room floor when they chose
to air these snippets.

Yes, this is the one that gave me pause about the whole thing!

I wish they would have posted the entire interview on their website,
rather then these few edited clips from it.

Wouldn't you think Natasha Chen would have strolled to the window and looked out with the camera as her eyes. To show the folks back home,
the view Clint had as he guided her throught that fateful day?

One has to wonder what got left on the cutting room floor when they chose
to air these snippets.

Houndstooth, you should have been the reporter on this case! She could have reenacted what happened that day unless for some reason someone didn't want that part shown.

If it wasn't a kidnapping, what do you think happened? Curious about your thoughts.

If it wasn't a kidnapping, what do you think happened? Curious about your thoughts.

I just don't know WHAT happened! I keep asking myself how someone can just disappear without a trace, but along with Holly, I think about Natalie Holloway, Amy Bradley, etc.. I guess we have all been conditioned by TV that there is always a solution and it happens in an hour and these cases prove that it is definitely not the case. Any thoughts from your end on what happened?

I just don't know WHAT happened! I keep asking myself how someone can just disappear without a trace, but along with Holly, I think about Natalie Holloway, Amy Bradley, etc.. I guess we have all been conditioned by TV that there is always a solution and it happens in an hour and these cases prove that it is definitely not the case. Any thoughts from your end on what happened?

Yet it happens all the time...thousands of people just vanish every year, many never to be seen again. Whether or not this started as a kidnapping, it became one, IMO, as Holly never made contact with anyone again. Even if she HAD gone willingly into the woods, it was never with the intent to be gone forever, IMO. And then there is the blood. That kind of seals it for me, anyway, that this was not voluntary. As far as Natalee...well, the ocean is a very large and unforgiving place, not as surprising there would be no trace.

I don't have the optimism that people will be found and cases will be solved...not to say I don't wish it, of course, but so many are not. Right now, I am waiting with very bated breath about Hailey...a case I have felt strongly about from the start and I've never stopped thinking about her. Certain ones stay with us, or touch us differently, I guess...Hailey is one of mine for one reason, and with Holly, it is partly that and partly the sheer mystery of what/who/how and the tiny bits of info known about her case. Her case seems unlike any other, IMO.

I like to hold out hope that every missing person will be found, but sadly there are so many that never are. They didn't vanish into thin air, something happened to them. The problem is with some, nobody really knows where to look. Sometimes remains are found by accident, but not all of these cases are so easily solved. Sometimes they end up as cold cases and a few are lucky enough that somebody in LE decides to take another look at them decades later and finds a clue that someone else missed, or follows a lead that didn't pan out the first time.
Most people would be surprised to learn that the cold case files in a lot of places far outnumber the current investigations. LE can't perform miracles, they do the best they can with the information they have, but sometimes luck plays a big part in solving cases, and often luck doesn't seem to be on the side of the law.

Thinking about this case.... based on so many other cases I've seen, my gut feeling is that LE has a perp or perps clearly in mind, but are stuck because the perp(s) has been given good alibis by family or friends.

Thinking about this case.... based on so many other cases I've seen, my gut feeling is that LE has a perp or perps clearly in mind, but are stuck because the perp(s) has been given good alibis by family or friends.

I don't buy that for the simple reason we have exactly the same situation here in Florida with a missing woman. Her boyfriend is the ONLY person of interest and prime suspect in her disappearance, yet there is zero evidence linking him to her disappearance. That has not kept law enforcement, the victim's family, etc. from putting his name out there as the suspect. Pressure on him was so great that actually his new g/f cancelled their engagement because of the alleged crime. I can't see law encorcement and/or the family just covering up something and keeping it quiet if they had any real evidence. There are many other cases where LE will put a potential POI or suspect's name out there to get more people to come forward. Keeping it secret makes zero sense to me.

I believe it to be a kidnapping, possibly by an acquaintance but I really don't know.

I guess for the non-kidnapping theories we could have an accident of some sort or some sort of hurting Holly as payback scenario but I think that is pretty far fetched.

I believe it to be a kidnapping, possibly by an acquaintance but I really don't know.

I guess for the non-kidnapping theories we could have an accident of some sort or some sort of hurting Holly as payback scenario but I think that is pretty far fetched.

Jilted boyfriend or one that wanted to be her boyfriend. That is :moo:

Jilted boyfriend or one that wanted to be her boyfriend. That is :moo:

Myself I think its someone that saw Holly around town. Someone that knew her but she did not know or know well. Anyone closer to her would have been known by her family and friends. There does not seem to be some obvious "jealous ex boyfriend" in the woodwork. Holly and Drew seem to have been together for some while too. I think more likely its someone, perhaps, like a mechanic at her garage, guy at the auto parts store, maintenance man at her school, etc. A person who Holly may have only known, seen, or met casually in a sort of hi/bye/oh thank you type of situation.

Myself I think its someone that saw Holly around town. Someone that knew her but she did not know or know well. Anyone closer to her would have been known by her family and friends. There does not seem to be some obvious "jealous ex boyfriend" in the woodwork. Holly and Drew seem to have been together for some while too. I think more likely its someone, perhaps, like a mechanic at her garage, guy at the auto parts store, maintenance man at her school, etc. A person who Holly may have only known, seen, or met casually in a sort of hi/bye/oh thank you type of situation.

So wouldn't what you are saying fit my "wanted to be her boyfriend" scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth