GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Ah, I tried to post this, too! Nags Head isn't far from here. For those who haven't been there, it's not a very large area. It's an island, actually. The surrounding areas are very similar, as well. It's a highly trafficked area in the summer, so I can't imagine they went unseen, especially if they were at the beach.

If the boyfriend did something with LJ and left her in N.C., then there's no doubt in my mind they'll find her. There are wooded areas though, in some parts.

One thing I'll note, though, is if her daughter is 13, she would know something is wrong. There's no way the boyfriend could get away with possibly killing LJ and stuffing her in the trunk and getting away with it with a smaller child. If he did something to her, I feel like she would still be back in N.C. or he dropped her off somewhere on the way home secretively. The daughter being so much older would know if she saw something go wrong, so I think if the boyfriend did something, it would have been while the children were sleeping.

I hope she's found safely.

Ugh, just had a terrible thought. Hope this isn't another case where the teen daughter is a love interest of the bf. (Brittney Mae Smith, VA). His brother stated that Lynn was his brother's X gf. ?

I wonder where they stayed....and if anyone heard or saw anything. They should release the name of the hotel if they stayed in one in hopes of gathering info. Also, did the children stay in a different room? Did the adults go out to dinner or for drinks and leave the 13 yo to babysit? How did the separation happen and what did he tell the teen why her mom was missing? ??? So many questions.

ETA:

162761f32e7bacb010e05d80419a15386f9106e6_summerfieldnathan.jpg
His eyes..........:/

Ugh, just had a terrible thought. Hope this isn't another case where the teen daughter is a love interest of the bf. (Brittney Mae Smith, VA). His brother stated that Lynn was his brother's X gf. ?

I wonder where they stayed....and if anyone heard or saw anything. They should release the name of the hotel if they stayed in one in hopes of gathering info. Also, did the children stay in a different room? Did the adults go out to dinner or for drinks and leave the 13 yo to babysit? How did the separation happen and what did he tell the teen why her mom was missing? ??? So many questions.

ETA:

Sanpaku eyes

Hats off to his brother---who reported this to 911 right away.

I'm sure LE knows, but I would like to know what reason he gave the 13 y/o for leaving her mother behind. Unless the 13 y/o was afraid of him, I can't imagine her not asking lots of questions.

ETA:

BBM
I read (hope I'm allowed to say this) a comment on a facebook for missing children that her daughter is autistic. So take that for what it's worth, a comment on a FB page.

Sanpaku eyes

I had to google that- learn something new every day ...

Sanpaku gan (三白眼) or Sanpaku (三白) is a Japanese term that means “three whites” and is generally referred to in English as "Sanpaku eyes". The term refers to the iris being rather small, so that it only covers about two-thirds or less of the vertical axis of the eye; e.g. delineate an eye into four portions; the iris would only occupy one portion of the divided four sections; thus leaving the other three in white, hence "three whites".

Sanpaku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry for OT/ now back to finding Lynn..

That's an Instagram photo...so, there's an Instagram account out there somewhere. I haven't been able to find it just yet.

I saw the instagram photo and thought of that too- tried for a long time to find her instagram account.. no luck yet.

"Investigators say Lynn and Nate had a rocky relationship. They say her family hasn’t heard from her since July 4th, but nothing seemed unusual at the time.
Now, local detectives are working with authorities in North Carolina to see whether a crime has been committed.
“I don’t believe she’s in Ashland County, I don’t believe she came back from Nags Head or completely back to Ashland County at least…she’s not here, she’s missing, we’re looking for her, we’re looking for him, trying to get this straightened out the easiest way we can,” Richert said."

http://fox8.com/2012/07/09/family-friends-hold-vigil-for-missing-ashland-woman/

"You need to turn yourself in Nate," said Jackenheimer's stepfather Raymond Johnson.

"We need to find Nate. He is a dangerous person," said Naomi Jackson, a friend of Jackenheimer.

In the video at this link, Nate's stepfather says that Nate had strangled Lynn before. Combine this with the fact that Nate's own brother immediately called 911 and it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_cuyahoga/friends-search-for-missing-ashland-county-woman-lynn-jackenheimer

This popped up in my FB newsfeed this morning via an Outer Banks page I have liked. This just breaks my heart.

I'm only about 1.5 hours inland from the OBX. If they were staying in Salvo, there are only a handful of motels they could've stayed at. I would think it more likely they rented a home. The Dare County Sheriff's office issued a statement about LJ this morning, so I'm sure they are investigating where they stayed at.

Lynn, I hope you can come home to your children!

This case is breaking my heart....we see so much on here, but man, this hits home. As an Ohio girl who has many happy memories of OBX vacays in summer (it's a pretty popular place for people here to go), and as a mom of kids these same ages, and as a DV survivor....UGH! I am praying urgently for this family.

A few points:

Recently, some Ohio counties have taken their DV cases off of online access. If you look at Cuyahoga County's docket I think there is a big disclaimer there about it. So that could be why nothing is showing up. They cited concerns for the victim's privacy and address info being available, but really, it's pretty frustrating not being able to access your own case.

I agree with the posters who said it's very possible that they were staying in a private rental. A lot of these are managed through large rental companies. Hopefully it won't be hard to track down. Dare County is a place that feels incredibly safe. It's very family oriented. It's hard to believe something like this could happen there.

Route 12 is really the only main road through that area. Hopefully they can get surveillance camera footage from some local businesses if they can narrow down the timeframe a little. It's about a 12 hour drive back to Ohio from the OBX (with kids, longer, even). If they got home on Sunday, maybe they broke the drive up and got a hotel room somewhere on the way back? Even if they left Saturday, what were those kids doing with him on Thursday and Friday without their mom?? :((

Shawn Jackenheimer said the children, son L, 3, and 13-year-old S, who is autistic, have told family members they last saw their mother July 3 when she went ghost crab hunting.

"They didn't see her after that," Shawn said. "He tried to put S on a bus or plane. That's what S said."

#####

Taylor said she last talked on the telephone to Jackenheimer at 11:30 p.m. July 3. She said the conversation was one Summerfield wouldn't have liked if he overheard it, declining to elaborate.

"She wasn't on or off," she said of the mood Jackenheimer was in. "She was just trying to make her kids happy. She was drinking when I called her. She was drinking sangria."

######

Braden said friends told Jackenheimer not to take the trip with Summerfield. They left Ashland on June 30.

"She changed her mind about the trip, and he was upset," Taylor said.

Taylor said the couple had not been dating recently and did not live together.

Taylor said her friend would not give up hope, and they won't either.

"She's strong. She's a fighter," she said.

Braden said Lynn feared Summerfield.

"But that's her baby's daddy," Taylor said. "She wanted to do whatever she could for L to have a dad.

"He went to great lengths to prove to her he had changed. We begged her not to go."

Much, much more at link: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...y-friends-worried-about-missing-Ashland-woman

Surfie, that article completely breaks my heart for Lynn. :cry:

Surfie, that article completely breaks my heart for Lynn. :cry:

Mine too. My gosh, she was just trying to take the kids on vacation with her son's father. She didn't even live with him anymore because of the abuse!

I'm guessing that he overheard that phone conversation at 11:30 and that's when he strangled her (hopefully while the kids were asleep).

ASHLAND, Ohio - Captain Carl Richert with the Ashland County Sheriff's Office has confirmed deputies have the cellphone of Nate Summerfield.

Summerfield is the ex-boyfriend considered a person of interest in the case of missing Ashland mom, Lynn Jackenheimer.

Richert said deputies found his cellphone in the city of Ashland, but he wouldn't say where. Richert told NewsChannel5 officials are working to see if it will help in the case.

The sheriff's office also has surveillance video in their possession. According to Richert, it shows Summerfield driving a 2009 dark metallic gray four-door Honda Civic at an Ashland Bank around 10 a.m. Sunday.

Richert said the video isn't too helpful for investigators because it only shows sections of the car. The video does show Richert driving the vehicle.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...lance-video-in-missing-mom-case#ixzz20E4ThiTx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back