WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF MC had life insurance, IMO the relevant issue is for how much. If for a small amount, then probably not relevent IMO. If for a lot, as you should only do with an income producing adult IMO, then IMO it is relevant. That is how they caught that guy who killed or tried to kill three children of three different girlfriends... he had taken out large policies on infants and children, and was raking in the $ until LE caught on.

Yes, any parking lot would have been better. It makes me think it was parked up PC to create a diversion so that LE would focus their search up there instead of in town.

Yeah, that's what I think is possible. That way Killer had more time. That idea worked, too. The sheriff department had helicopters searching the area.

So what business was this car parked behind, and is there anyone of interest that owns this model of car?

The buildings in front of this back parking lot include two bars and several stores.(maybe clothing or furniture?)

The buildings in front of this back parking lot include two bars and several stores.(maybe clothing or furniture?)

IMO since the window is down and the person has an arm out the window they are probably just smoking since it is prohibited in the bar.

Not exactly sure how to say this, but I think people are confusing "collecting" evidence with "finding" evidence.

For example, I assume LE took fingerprints at the CB house. If asked, they would say they collected evidence at the CB house. But collecting evidence is not necessarily the same as finding evidence having to do with the case.

To be clear, I'm not saying they haven't found relevant evidence, only that they haven't come out and said that, to the best of my knowledge.

If anyone could provide a link, I'd love to be wrong.

This has been somewhat explored before, but we never really took it very much farther. You may be onto something IB! Way to wrap your head around it! :Banane47:

Just a thought on a different angle. Has anyone suggested that the killer could have walked to a nearby house that appeared to be empty and called a cab? I am sure perp had a cell phone and could have requested a cab at a certain address and then walked out of the bushes to get in. I am sure LE has thought of this and has already questioned the different cab companies. Just Speculation.

I think this could certainly be a possibility. In conversation, I asked a cab driver on the Wednesday after MC's body was found if he had been interviewed by LE, and his reply to me was no. About two weeks later I asked a different cab driver if he had been interviewed with regard to this case, and he said no, as well. Both drivers work for the same company. The first driver I spoke with did indicate he had the understanding that another driver whom he named, still the same company and apart from the drivers I talked with, had been interviewed. (Not fact.)

I have thought it odd that ALL cab drivers would not be interviewed, given the hundreds of persons LE has spoken with. (Maybe all drivers were interviewed....and were told not to talk about it, for all I know.)

There are not that many persons who make their living driving cab in the Wenatchee Valley. And one of the many things cab drivers do besides working long, and sometimes hard, stressful hours, is drive around town and look at stuff.

Agree. LE did seem to suspect foul play right after they found her car, even though they at first said there was no evidence in the car. Later, they did say there was evidence in the car. So, trying to work it out in my head if I think someone could have possibly delivered the blunt force head trauma in her car, while parked at the boat launch. I've wondered if, given the "clean" area on the rear, driver's side panel of her car where the gas lid is", she was leaning up against the car while talking to someone when he got angry enough to deck her and she fell to the ground, where he then kicked her in the head and strangled her? Without being seen, in broad daylight, of course. (a stretch) Then what? Load her in the trunk? Take her to CB? Finish the job or try to make it look like a gang initiation type thing? Ditch the car up in PC and then take one of the trails down to Dry Gulch Road and jog home to Millerdale Rd? It all works if the spec house gets left out. Plus, he still would have had to get his car at Target, if that were the scenario, and he would have had to clean up before that and still be up at PC with the parents around 10:30. It needs work. speculation

MC's trunk lid showed no sign of fingerprints, so I suspect there was no recent activity involving the trunk.

Yes, any parking lot would have been better. It makes me think it was parked up PC to create a diversion so that LE would focus their search up there instead of in town.

I dont know...at first it might have seemed better to park her car in a lot, but you have to think of all the cameras that might be around. Atleast up there you would only have eye witnesses POSSIBLY... not stone cold evidence like a video tape of you!

Trying to think back.... did anyone ever find concrete evidence that JF was in some way
connected to the Spillmans or Im thinking connected to the Huffmans at one time? TIA

Oh my, talked to a young man who said he had worked with JF for years. He told me that on one occasion JF was telling him how he (JF) could get away with murder. The kid says he was interviewed, even polygraphed, and did tell that to LE.. His feeling was JF could not do such a thing, but remained open minded. I mentioned Spillman & the Huffmans murders and let him know I thought JF was in some way connected to someone? He did not know about the murder and was shocked and was going to go locate as much info on the murder as possible. Speculation/rumor as I do not know the young man personally, he just brought up JF to a friend he was with and I asked Questions. For what its worth?

I have a hard time believing that anyone in the Hurd family would be dumb enough to park MC's car at their own property.

But is it possible that the killer had a reason for going to THAT house and parking MC's car there specifically? In other words, is it possible that MC's killer wanted to place the blame on someone in the Hurd family....or wanted to get them in trouble.

If Mr Hurd was involved in construction, is it possible that the killer could 'strongly dislike' him....hate the competition...have had problems in the past....and wanted him to be out of the picture just like MC was now out of the picture? Kind of a 'kill' two birds with one stone?

Or, if one of the Hurd children was attracted to MC.....maybe a jealous bf, a jealous wannabe, didn't like that the boy was hitting on/flirting with 'his' girl??

Complete guessing here. I know nothing about Wenatchee or Chelan, but it would seem like there would be a closer, better location to place MC's car.

I also asked this young man why he thought there was so much speculation toward JF, his thought was that he (JF), had basically given up Everything...family, home, vehical and lost alot...for WC. His idea was maybe MC had something on him, as he too, heard, the rumor that JF and MC had played house at least once. Rumor as I do not know this guy personally, just a conversation,. He also said that JF actually REFUSED the polygraph. Does refusal = not passing it, as so many have heard? For what its worth.

Trying to think back.... did anyone ever find concrete evidence that JF was in some way
connected to the Spillmans or Im thinking connected to the Huffmans at one time? TIA

Spillman, If you look at Washington Court Cases under Spillman, you can see that JF was a witness of some sort, along the lines of character.

Spillman, If you look at Washington Court Cases under Spillman, you can see that JF was a witness of some sort, along the lines of character.

I am having trouble finding witness information, I went to WA court, search court cases, I can click on the highlighted blue, but nothing indepth as witnesses?? I may need more help.. TIA

I also asked this young man why he thought there was so much speculation toward JF, his thought was that he (JF), had basically given up Everything...family, home, vehical and lost alot...for WC. His idea was maybe MC had something on him, as he too, heard, the rumor that JF and MC had played house at least once. Rumor as I do not know this guy personally, just a conversation,. He also said that JF actually REFUSED the polygraph. Does refusal = not passing it, as so many have heard? For what its worth.

If I'm not mistaken, I think someone previously posted that JF had lawyered up. IF that rumor is true, I'm fairly certain that most lawyers do not allow their clients to take polygraphs.

Any legal eagles here, that can confirm the bolded part?

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnails...otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

*when you watch the slide show, click on the "show photo captions" icon, next to the full screen mode icon and the number that coincides with the pic will come up and then you can read my description.*
Here are pics from a source of mine. They are of the CB area. These are great for out~of~towners who are having difficulty visualizing the surroundings. Not being from the area myself, I am going by the description given to me. I will write one for each pic...
#246~overview of CB
#247~CB home in center, asphalt road behind, only way in and out
#248~CB home in left center of photo, white buoys in center cove?
#249~CB home in center right, VERY isolated from others, SR28 runs above red roof houses
#251~looking just down river from CB home, SR28 can be seen running above cluster of homes
#252~West Bar & Colockum area directly across river from CB
#254~CB home in center of photo, white buoys in cove to right
#255~shot same location, black vehicle directly behind CB house
#296~CB access road
#297~red roof condos (on PUD land)
#299~BN train heading to Wenatchee above the White houses with Black roofs, as it runs over SR28 Trinidad
#294~West Bar looking up river, Rock Dam Island 14 miles up river
#292~CB home in center
#291~long shot homes directly in front on Grant County PUD Island
#284~same shot as #255, but now black vehicle is closer to the home driveway...hum.

for some reason this is the only way I can get these pics on... sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288