KY Family savagely attacked by roving gang of 50-100 teens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEVINinTO

Former Member
Reaction score
Shocking attack at gas station caught on video

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_14429.shtml?wap=0

Police are investigating a string of reported assaults by a large group of roving teens.

One of them was caught on camera.

A woman says they attacked her and her family as her kids watched in horror.

"This is like something out of a movie. I've never seen something like this before," Viola Loeffler said.

It was around 8 p.m. Saturday when Loeffler says she and her family were attacked at an intersection.

"Right before we got to the stoplight, we noticed about 50 to 100 teens coming to the middle of the street,” Loeffler said. “It was a one-way street so we couldn't go any further. All of a sudden, one of them throws a garbage can on our car."

<modsnip>

It seems to me that there has been a sudden increase in these types of incidents and I wonder what could be motivating these unprovoked attacks?

That sounds downright bizarre. Mob mentality is terrifying!

You'd hope whoever was able to organized a group of 100+ teenagers would use that extraordinary power for good and not evil.

What could be motivating these unprovoked attacks? I am thinking brainwashing from recent organized activist groups. JMO

Brainwashing by recent events? Nah, this article is from march of last year. This sort of community behavior has been going on for years. Just stay out of certain states, cities, neighborhoods and wait for them to kill themselves off. Sorry if that's offensive to some folks but I'm pretty much done with the feeling bad because people have crappy ascendents. Just keep them out of my neighborhood.

This has some strong language but this woman does a decent job discussing the case of a texas teen flash mob, in a youtube vid she posted in Jan 2014.

[video=youtu;LHKGnnc00d0]http://youtu.be/LHKGnnc00d0[/video]​

3202d77f.gif

Teenage Flash Mob Robberies on the Rise (from 2011)

The same technologies that for years have brought together the mostly benign and goofy "flash mobs," in which groups suddenly break into dance at a mall or stumble around like zombies at train stations, is being used to plan and execute bold robberies.

Called “flash robs,” these crimes are being organized by young teenagers through various social media outlets, most notably Twitter. Police say the suspects select a time and place and enter the store in droves taking what they want and leaving before security or police can catch them.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

3202d77f.gif

Teenage Flash Mob Robberies on the Rise (from 2011)

The same technologies that for years have brought together the mostly benign and goofy "flash mobs," in which groups suddenly break into dance at a mall or stumble around like zombies at train stations, is being used to plan and execute bold robberies.

Called &#8220;flash robs,&#8221; these crimes are being organized by young teenagers through various social media outlets, most notably Twitter. Police say the suspects select a time and place and enter the store in droves taking what they want and leaving before security or police can catch them.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

link

I wonder if there is a way keywords can be monitored to get on top of these before they happen.

This has some strong language but this woman does a decent job discussing the case of a texas teen flash mob, in a youtube vid she posted in Jan 2014.

[video=youtu;LHKGnnc00d0]http://youtu.be/LHKGnnc00d0[/video]​

When I was in Middle School (a long time ago), in a small town that was about 98% white. One day after school I remember walking with a friend to a nearby 7-Eleven store. When we got there, they had two big guys at the door providing security. They made all the students line up out side and let us in the store two at a time. If they didn't have those measures in place, I have no doubt students would have mobbed the place, and stolen everything they could get their hands on.

So the question is why can't a convenience stores today in major urban areas provide the same level of security that a convenience store in a small town could do 40 years ago? This is just a store security problem. It doesn't have anything to do with race, it doesn't have anything to do with generation. They need to hire damn security guards.

When I was in Middle School (a long time ago), in a small town that was about 98% white. One day after school I remember walking with a friend to a nearby 7-Eleven store. When we got there, they had two big guys at the door providing security. They made all the students line up out side and let us in the store two at a time. If they didn't have those measures in place, I have no doubt students would have mobbed the place, and stolen everything they could get their hands on.

So the question is why can't a convenience stores today in major urban areas provide the same level of security that a convenience store in a small town could do 40 years ago? This is just a store security problem. It doesn't have anything to do with race, it doesn't have anything to do with generation. They need to hire damn security guards.

A mini-mart in Los Angeles tried that method and was shut down by the ACLU and accused of racial profiling because the line at the door was all people of color.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/racial-justice/race-and-criminal-justice/racial-profiling

It occurs every day, in cities and towns across the country, when law enforcement and private security target people of color for humiliating and often frightening detentions, interrogations, and searches without evidence of criminal activity and based on perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion. Racial profiling is patently illegal, violating the U.S. Constitution&#8217;s core promises of equal protection under the law

A mini-mart in Los Angeles tried that method and was shut down by the ACLU and accused of racial profiling because the line at the door was all people of color.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/racial-justice/race-and-criminal-justice/racial-profiling

Your link appears to be irrelevant. It has nothing to do with racial profiling. Convenience stores I used to see, had signs in the store that said something like only 2, 4, 6 people are allowed in the store at a time. Many times it wasn't enforced, but if there was a crowd of people, like after school, they put people at the door to enforce it. As long as it is enforced for all customers, regardless of race, there is no racial profiling going on.

Your link appears to be irrelevant. It has nothing to do with racial profiling. Convenience stores I used to see, had signs in the store that said something like only 2, 4, 6 people are allowed in the store at a time. Many times it wasn't enforced, but if there was a crowd of people, like after school, they put people at the door to enforce it. As long as it is enforced for all customers, regardless of race, there is no racial profiling going on.

Our local ACLU chapter disagreed. They forced the minimart to halt the practice that you are describing.

Regarding the year old incident that started this thread:

This recent article:

Families file lawsuit against 'Misidentified 4'
http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...families-file-lawsuit-misidentified/25042287/

"The suit comes just a little more than a week after Metro Louisville announced it was paying $1.5 million to Allen, Booker, Dean and Bush, who were arrested for crimes on the night of the flash violence in Louisville but later exonerated by a grand jury.

The suit says that Loeffler and Carter positively identified Allen, Booker and Dean from a photo pack shown to them at their home in Clarksville, Ind., by Louisville Metro police.

All four initially were arrested on charges that they robbed a woman at gunpoint in western Louisville; Allen and Booker also were arrested later on separate charges of assault and unlawful imprisonment when their mugshots from the robbery were shown on TV and Loeffler and Carter said they had assaulted them.

Waddell said the mugshots never would have been broadcast if not for their false arrests on the robbery charge, and that police showed the victims the same photos they had already seen on TV.

Louisville Police Chief Steve Conrad has said police made a half-dozen mistakes in the robbery arrest."

There is more ...

Link please.

I don't have a link handy. Just describing what I remember from a local case. The market had to stop the practice because the ACLU accused them of racial profiling.

If you look at the video above, I think it is clear that a security guard posted by the door would have been useless anyway. JMO

I don't have a link handy. Just describing what I remember from a local case. The market had to stop the practice because the ACLU accused them of racial profiling.

If you look at the video above, I think it is clear that a security guard posted by the door would have been useless anyway. JMO

A security guard at the door would been able to spot the crowd in advance and could have locked the door. If necessary they could hire an off-duty police officer to man the door. That would certainly solve the problem. It's the stores responsibility to secure their establishment.

A security guard at the door would been able to spot the crowd in advance and could have locked the door. If necessary they could hire an off-duty police officer to man the door. That would certainly solve the problem. It's the stores responsibility to secure their establishment.

An off duty cop cannot solve the problem of a hundred rogue teens. And locking the door is a momentary solution. JMO

Surveillance video released on Monday shows a group of high school students beating a man at a Tennessee gas station.

Police said a large group of Northwest Prep Academy students swarmed a BP gas station outside Memphis.

&#8220;As we got to the car they are in the parking lot throwing up gang signs and putting up a ruckus,&#8221; Orrden Williams, Jr. said.

http://ktla.com/2015/04/14/man-carry...n-gas-station/
==========================================================================================

So these were students at a Prep Academy. Looks like a lack of educational opportunities is not the problem after all.

I imagine that would be awfully expensive. Most convenience stores have only one or two people staffing them even during the peak hours. I cannot imagine that owners would see fit to hire security guards when they won't even hire adequate store staff.

Not to say it isn't a good idea, just that I don't think it is likely that owners would do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie