Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cricket
I posted this on the media thread - but I'll also post it here:

I just saw a promo for tomorrow's Today Show - it said Matt Lauer was going to interview Drew Peterson. Hmmmm.

The Today Show starts at 7 AM EST - it's on NBC.

:) Your very welcome. The reason I'm not posting links to new threads is because they are all neatly at the bottom but when we start getting a number of pages up I will start posting them on the new thread. I have a feeling that the pages are going to grow fast so I"m going to take advantage of it while I can and not add the links. LOL

I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the post about Matt Lauer interviewing Drew Peterson in the morning!! Huge news!!

Yeah, but I am not sure how accurate that is. Didn't they already search that pond near the airport where According to Drew her car had been?
LOL Another "According to Drew"! Yes, they did search the retaining pond near the area where "according to Drew" her car was found.

lol, for someone who hides their face from the camera, DP is sure present a lot with according to drew statements.

I saw video of them searching that pond the first time and I remember thinking it was huge for being called a pond. There were some specifics given at the time that also stated the depth which I don't remember exactly but it was deep enough to conceal a body imo. Maybe they aren't satisfied with their original efforts. They may be stuck on info that shows that call from her cell phone was made from that area like Drew said, hoping to find her phone in that pond or other evidence too even if not Stacy.

I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the post about Matt Lauer interviewing Drew Peterson in the morning!! Huge news!!

The Today show just started. It looks like Drew is in the studio and so far, he appears alone (sans lawyer).

Been watching it... he took a dig at the 3rd wife's family... saying she was raised in an abusive home.

I wish I had taped this via the PC... he made a glaring flub about if Stacey told him she was seeing someone else.

In between getting ready for work I watched the first segment of this interview. What a cold hearted man. I would bet the farm he is as guilty as the day is long. Not a tear.

Oh... as well, he portrays both women being alike... having the same kind of mental issues. (that is how I interpret what he was saying)

Today show is now talking about case.
- Recap of Savio's suspicious death, mentioning family's concern, of the body's exhumation, Drew's naming of suspect now in Stacy's disappearance, Drew's claim that she left for another man and that he has nothing to do with her disappearance. Savio's autopsy results will take days

Matt asking Drew quesstions (paraphrased below):
Q: What's Drew's response to seeing the Savio's coffin taken out of the ground
A: It's a shame. I know why they're doing it. I don't have an opinion.

Q: Do you think its a wasted effort? Do you think they'll find anything?
A: I don't know. If there's anything that happened to her, they'll find out.

Q: What's life been like for you and your two young children at home with the media circus parked outside?
A: Right. And I have 2 teenage boys also. It's harder on them having to get them ready for in the morning.

Q: How do you explain Mom's disappearance to the young ones?
A: Basically that Mom's gone on vacation.

Q:Why as a police officer do you think you have gone from a person of interest to a suspect?
A: I think they've always considered me a suspect. They always consider the husband a suspect and they want to move forward with the case?

Q: So you think you were always considered a suspect?
A: Pretty much. I've probably been a suspect since the beginning?

Q:Covers Stacy's asking for a divorce, mentions her email, what do you think of that?
A: I don't think those are her words. That isn't her vocabulary. I think it's a made-up email.

Q: Stacy's step-sister was on the Today show. Plays a clip of what she said to Meredith (that Stacy said if she never answered her phone, then something happened to me [Stacy] and that we [stepsister] would have to look for her). Why do you think that Stacy was concerned that something was going to happen to her and that they would have to look for her?
A: I don't know. I don't know.

Q: Describe the relationship between you and Stacy?
A: Our entire relationship in the beginning was very romantic. and after her sister passed away with cancer, she took a serious downside with her emotions. She lost her faith. She was very religious. Ever since her sister died, she went to a psychologist and was on medicine. Every day after her sister died was an emotional roller coaster.

Q: [interrupts] Emotional for Stacy? Between the two of you? Would you describe your relationship as volatile? Was it ever violent?
A: I don't believe it was ever violent.

Q: [interrupts again] You either know it was violent or not violent?
A: There were a few incidents where we had verbal confrontations and she hated being cornered. One time she hit me with a frozen steak.

Q: Did you ever hit her?
A: Never. Never raised a hand to her. There was an incident where we threw her in a pool during a party and she came out swinging.... but we were playing.

Q: You had said Stacy came to you and she was seeing someone else, another man. Is it fair to say that you believe that Stacy right now is with that other man?
A: She never told me she was seeing another man. Um - maybe she did but I believe she is with someone else right now.

Q: Let me just go back to that. Did she or did she not say to you that she was seeing someone else?
A: It wasn't put like that. She found somebody else. That's her exact words.

Q: And you believe that she is now not dead. That she has run off with another man.
A: I believe that, yes.
Q: Although you described as having emotional issues, she is a good mom?
A: [interrupts] a great mom.
Q: So how does a good mom of a 2-year old and a 4-year old go off with another man and doesn't call to say she's ok?
A: I don't have an explanation for that.

Q: Are you cooperating with the police? There have been conflicting reports
A: I sat down the first night she was missing and gave them a full account. Thereafter I hired some attorneys and they said don't talk no more.

Q: There are searches for Stacy where you live. Have you ever taken part in the search for Stacy?
a: Well there's 2 things. One thing. I am such a media sensation that if I went out and search, I would get all the media attention because I was out there searching. And two, why would I look for somebody who I don't believe is missing. She's gone. She's where she wants to be.

Q: Brings up Savio, no water in bathtub, hair matted, 1-inch gash to head. Now it's being said that it looks like an accident staged to cover a murder. What is your impression of it. Do you think it is an accident?
A: I was one of the first people there and I was actually the watch commander of our town the night that it happened. I met with her best friend because I hadn't seen her in a couple of days and it was very unlike her to not be seen or heard from. So I was planning the next day to go into her home with her neighbor. Her neighbor/friend was concerned so we went in that night. I waited outside.

Q: Why didn't you go in the house?
A: She was always accusing me. Didn't want me in the house. Was concerned I would steal something... then I heard screaming and went inside.

Q: What did you see? Did it look like an accidental drowning?
A: I didn't know if she was dead or alive. I checked her pulse and then didn't want to disturb the scene.

Q: True or false. You had a million dollar life insurance policy on her
A: The children did. And that money is in a protected account for them for when they turn older.

Q: And what was your relationship with Kathy like. What kind of woman was she?
A: She came from an abusive home life.At first it was very romantic. When she had children, again her emotions kicked in. And again, an emotional roller coaster with her. Our relationship was always a oneupmanship. We were always trying to basically outdo each other with different things. Who was smarter. Who was stronger.

Q: So you describe both of these woman as having emotional problems.
A: Yes, both came from troubled homes.

Q: What drew you to these woman?
A: Both woman were very beautiful, very exciting when I first met them. Kathy was a lot of fun. She was good to my kids from a prior marriage. (more of the same)

Q: Can you look me straight in the eye and tell me you had nothing to do with the death of Kathy or the disappearance of Stacy?
A: I can look right in your eye and tell you I had nothing to do either of those incidents.

Q: You seem extraordinarily calm and collected, and if I were under the pressure and the scrutiny you were under right now, a possible indictment today or tomorrow, I think I'd be a little more... I don't know... rattled?
A: Basically I am not afraid of law enforcement. I am afraid of media. The media is causing my aggravation today.

Matt breaks off. Will talk more in the next half hour with Drew.

I have to go to work though and can't trasncribe that half.

In between getting ready for work I watched the first segment of this interview. What a cold hearted man. I would bet the farm he is as guilty as the day is long. Not a tear.

I watched it also, he is cold and a LIAR! And he did say she "was" a great mother. I would bet he is guilty also I just hope I am wrong and Stacy turns up somewhere but I don't hold out much hope for that anymore.

Thank you so much, Jerzwhim! Lots of hinky statements from Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine