Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can make one. What would you like included?

Oh yeah, Do we have any pics of Britt with her family on the thread anywhere? that would be nice. To let her and her family know she is not forgotten we all still care and want her home.

Any pics are fine she is beautiful in all of them. Do you have a song in mind?

I haven't thought about a song. Any ideas?

I have lots and lots of pics. You're mainly looking for ones of her with family?

Some with family but you can do some with just her I am sure you will make it beautiful. I have been looking for a song and haven't come up with one. The reason I wanted to include family is because the pics from last night is really the first time I saw her sister and brother and the pain was just horrible in their eyes. Dawn and Chad have done such a good job of keeping them out of the spot light (which I agree with) that I had never seen that before and it was heart breaking. I knew Britt had a sister and brother but had only seen climpses of them on the news and things but never up close and last night they just ripped my heart out. They miss their sister so much. I just pray who ever has answers for their family will come forward soon and give them some relief. I don't know how much long they can go on like this.

I have to be gone most of the day. I'll be thinking about you all day long, Brittanee.

I think it's a really shameful thing that none of the "friends" that B went to MB with made the trip again for the vigil (that we know of). I think they could have at least done that.

I do not agree. It would have been nice, but should not have been expected. These kids were not close friends with BD and they have their own lives. Do not judge people when you have no idea what is going on with their own lives.

I do not agree. It would have been nice, but should not have been expected. These kids were not close friends with BD and they have their own lives. Do not judge people when you have no idea what is going on with their own lives.

Thanks for your insight.

Personally, I'd feel a sense of responsibility if a 17 year old girl disappeared from a vacation I took her on. And yes, I am a 20 year old girl, so I can relate to how they think.

I think that when they allowed B to come on vacation with them, she was then a part of "their own lives."

I am friends with the majority of the ROC-MB crew on Facebook and I can see from their status updates and comments about the case that they are very unaffected by the entire thing.

These photos are beautiful...thank you everyone for sharing....what a nice tribute to Brittanee by family, frends and community.

I can understand why they didn't come, they'd have been under a lot of scrutiny.

Thank you for posting all of the pictures, they are amazing.

I couldn't sleep last night either. Praying for you and your family, Brittanee!

Praying that this is the week that the responsible party/s are finally arrested and brought to justice and Brittanee is finally brought home- she and her family and friends deserve it!

You shouldn't have to be "close friends" with someone to show compassion and empathy. JMO

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/2...drexel_jbm03.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG
Second row, pic on the right of the little brother is heartbreaking. They all are, but just putting it in perspective, I have a six year old, who number one, adores his older brother. I have watched their relationship evolve completely independent of my own with them as 'my boys' and individually, and it makes my heart soar with pride and true unconditional love I see before my eyes...and then to imagine trying to explain to that little innocent face and heart why he could ever just be 'gone'...? So very, very sad. I hope and pray for resolution for this family.

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/2...drexel_jbm03.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG
Second row, pic on the right of the little brother is heartbreaking. They all are, but just putting it in perspective, I have a six year old, who number one, adores his older brother. I have watched their relationship evolve completely independent of my own with them as 'my boys' and individually, and it makes my heart soar with pride and true unconditional love I see before my eyes...and then to imagine trying to explain to that little innocent face and heart why he could ever just be 'gone'...? So very, very sad. I hope and pray for resolution for this family.

I hope this anniversary does not pass without answers Those pictures are heartbreaking. I hope they also make friends, family of the POI (which I like to call ) turn them in.

I don't know what to say. These photos cause a deep aching in my heart for this family.
Thank you all for sharing them with us. My prayers continue for them to have some sort of closure soon.

Sending up prayers and hope for drexel family this very sad day for them,,,it was heart breaking yesterday watching the family,friends ,they really had a good turn out and im honored i could join in with the family,,,keep the faith ,Lord will work this out,,,,

MYRTLE BEACH - Sunday is the one year anniversary of the disappearance of New York teen, Brittanee Drexel.

The 17 year old was in Myrtle Beach for spring break with friends, when police said, she went missing.

The Drexel family was on the Grand Strand for a series of events surrounding the anniversary.

The family hosted a 20 block march down Ocean Boulevard Saturday night.

After the march there was a candle light vigil.

At the vigil, people gathered to remember the missing teen.

“I keep getting a feeling like she’s here,“ said Myrissa Drexel, Brittanee’s younger sister.

“You wait,” said Tarah Friedman, Brittanee’s best friend. “You just wait for that phone call. You wait, continuously, and now it’s been a year later, how much longer are we going to have to wait?’.“

Family, friends, and even strangers wrapped their arms around one another as pictures reflected on 17 years of memories.

Candle light reflected the hope mourners cling to as so many questions remain unanswered.

“Where are you Britt?’” said Friedman. “Why would you walk this by yourself? Why did nobody give you a ride? It’s sad, you know.“

And as the Drexel family looks to each other for strength, tears replaced any words that can describe what young Brittanee Drexel means to so many.

“It just hurts,” said Myrissa, as tears rolled down her face. “I know she didn’t disappear. She didn’t run away. She disappeared from someone, and I need that person to come forward, because I need my sister, badly.“

The Drexel family thanked the nearly 200 people that attended Sautrday night’s vigil.

The family headed back home to Rochester, New York, Sunday morning.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...s_disappearance_at_candle_light_vigil/132578/

This so heart breaking ,TF is true friend to BD,she was there threw it all,,,,

Song ideas:
As I Lay Me Down by Sophie B. Hawkins
Unforgettable by Nat King and Natalie Cole

I hope that Brittanee is found soon to give her family the closure that they need. Also hope those responsible are found and brought to justice. Two songs come to mine - Avril Lavigne I'm with you , and Jane Siberry Calling all angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288