NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
nighty night nurse, see ya tomorrow friend.

A while back the question was posed had any of us seen where a missing persons case was changed to a homicide investigation so quickly as Zahra's.

Yes I have.

Not a child. But adults in the past. I'm going to sign off soon so I'll try to search our archives and Doe Network and other sites to find links.

IIRC, and don't take this as fact because I don't have links---but in those cases the adult's missing case was reclassified quickly because of physical evidence that led LE to conclude the person could no longer be living.

I'm not going to tick off a complete list of what I recall as what to evidence it was, but it was evidence from that missing persons body. (copious blood, stains of copious blood having been cleaned up, tissues, such as brain tissue a speck).

I'll look tomorrow when I have time if we need a list of links.

JMHO.

lol, just noticed the rl tag. Levity is good.

And while they were sifting through the mulch at the house, they were still quietly searching in the area where the leg was found. What else might they be searching for there?

MOO

I am willing to bet they are quietly searching other areas the public is not aware of. Any good LE department/agencies will NEVER tell the public everything or give out major information too soon because it can blow everything they have worked so hard to accomplish.

It is not a rumor. One of our members PunKnLuV's hubby was on the scene last night and was told that BS told a neighbor she was with Zahra the Thursday BEFORE she went missing.

Anything that PunKnLuV shares that she is hearing directly from her hubby has been approved in advance by Tricia.

Hello Patty, this causes me to question the timeline and some events. I'm curious about verifying the date. The Thursday before was Oct. 7th. The Amber alert was issued on Oct. 9th.

So I'm curious to exactly which Thursday to date this last reported sighting, was it Thur. Oct. 7th or Thur. Sept. 30 the neighbor claims she was with Zahra?

Since I don't want to think of the possibility of Zahra going through the wood chipper, I was wondering what else could have been chipped. Does anyone think the mattress or bedding or maybe the bedroom furniture could have gone through the wood chipper???

Not really. Thats what his job was, making mulch with the chipper, and splitting wood. It's reported he worked from home at times, hence the chipper etc., and all the piles of mulch and split wood. All of that is very easily explained. It's way too convenient, and way too messy. Like I said before, has anyone seen a woodchipper in action? I have, many times when our trees are being trimmed, They are messy beyound words, sawdust and bits and chips are spit out all over the place, and this is wood mind you, not soft tissue! Don't see how an actual person could be put through there and not detected right away unless the crime happened a long time ago. Mind you, I may be wrong,(as your all probably thinking), but at this time don't see it, too much work and evidence, the perps, in my mind do not have the energy or forthought to have taken care of it. Too much work. Ofcourse, I maybe underestimating.

They would have to have some sort of evidence to suggest it was a homicide - a fake ransom note is not enough because the child could have been hidden some place very much alive.

I keep wondering if the "gooey" red glove is why. I know of at least one case where a tiny bit of brain matter was found, but because of the type of brain matter it was, it meant death.

Just a thought I had: MOO

The timeline fits that glove, too, I think.

What if LE jumped the gun and called it a homicide too soon? Cancelled the Amber Alert too soon? And now are really going over that house again to see if they can find proof she really is dead? Just thinking out loud.

I am just stuck on them naming this a homicide so quickly, and yet quite a while ago now, and yet no reason has been given, no sign of Zahra...
There is a definite reason for the jump to call this a homicide case. I'll never forget seeing the police chief giving the pc that day when he announced this was now a homicide case! Bless him, he was on the verge of tears honestly!
I don't know their reasons for doing so, but LE knows a whole lot more than they've released to the public. They know.

BBM This is maybe kind of or kind of not off topic but i was wondering back when they were saying things about the hose through the window and now with the generator being mentioned. Wouldnt LE be able to get the utilitys turned on lights water etc..without any trouble? I just dont understand the hose for water or generator for lights.

I'm sure they could but it didn't appear to be the case after dark today. The water on the other hand is much easier to turn on. That house would be on city water and there is a cover in most yards (there is in my neighborhood) that you can lift and turn the water on from there.

I am willing to bet they are quietly searching other areas the public is not aware of. Any good LE department/agencies will NEVER tell the public everything or give out major information too soon because it can blow everything they have worked so hard to accomplish.

This is so correct and so true. It is important to know that they do it to protect the integrity of the case.

I am just looking at video interviews from the beginning of the case, and just skip right on over if you already know these 2 details.

I didn't know them, and thought there were others who may also not know.

-Zahra's hearing aids were recovered in the hall of her home

-According to Brittany B. and her mother Kim D., Zahra stayed over at their house often. They said that Zahra's routine never varied. About an hour before bed, Zahra would take off her prosthetic leg. Always.

CBS Interview:
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13308224#[/QUOT

I thank you for the recap I had forgotten the hearing aides were in the hall!

I do not think it's the 'gore factor' that is causing us to get tripped up on the wood chipper. I do not think that anyone here is focusing on anything just for gore. I doubt any of us even WANT to think that.

They were painstakingly going through pile after pile of mulch today. Being up there and watching this makes it difficult for me NOT to keep coming back to the wood chipper IMO. . How can we not be led back to discussing it, really? I'm not saying one way or the other what I believe may or may not have been run through the chipper....I'm just so confused about a lot of things in this case. I for one and incredibly thankful that we can discuss our theories and bounce our ideas off of one another here at WS.

Since I don't want to think of the possibility of Zahra going through the wood chipper, I was wondering what else could have been chipped. Does anyone think the mattress or bedding or maybe the bedroom furniture could have gone through the wood chipper???

What about Zahra's things? Maybe her personal items, clothes, toys, books, letters, pictures?

Hello Patty, this causes me to question the timeline and some events. I'm curious about verifying the date. The Thursday before was Oct. 7th. The Amber alert was issued on Oct. 9th.

So I'm curious to exactly which Thursday to date this last reported sighting, was it Thur. Oct. 7th or Thur. Sept. 30 the neighbor claims she was with Zahra?

Thats why everyone was so het up over it. But again, just cause Brit said it doesn't mean LE are buying it, hence the continued requests for any witness from OUTSIDE the family who've seen Z

Hi there!
My initial thought was Thursday, October 7th, however, it could be Thursday Sept. 30th. It is all about how the "Thursday before she went missing" is interpreted.

Why in the hall way? That is an odd place to find hearing aides. Wouldn't they be on a table?

LE interviewed the neighbors, it would have been one of the first things they did. I don't know which Thursday she is referring to, but there is a reason that LE is not using that info. as part of their timeline. They have a lot more information and insight than we do, so I am going to trust that if they have discounted her information it is for good reason. Plus it would spoil so many people's theories about her never even living in that house. :)

A while back the question was posed had any of us seen where a missing persons case was changed to a homicide investigation so quickly as Zahra's.

Yes I have.

Not a child. But adults in the past. I'm going to sign off soon so I'll try to search our archives and Doe Network and other sites to find links.

IIRC, and don't take this as fact because I don't have links---but in those cases the adult's missing case was reclassified quickly because of physical evidence that led LE to conclude the person could no longer be living.

I'm not going to tick off a complete list of what I recall as what to evidence it was, but it was evidence from that missing persons body. (copious blood, stains of copious blood having been cleaned up, tissues, such as brain tissue a speck).

I'll look tomorrow when I have time if we need a list of links.

JMHO.

I knoiw Lori Hacking's husband was arrested not long after she went missing
on suspicion of murder i believe but it was a bit longer then 3 days like 12 or 13 maybe thats the only one i can think of right now.

Hi there!
My initial thought was Thursday, October 7th, however, it could be Thursday Sept. 30th. It is all about how the "Thursday before she went missing" is interpreted.

especially when it is like a game of telephone. Brit says it to neighbor, neighbor relays to Mr. PunKnLuV who then relays it to PunKn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa