GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Right now, (for me) unless there is a direct quote from LE stating QS failed the poly, I'm taking info from family as finger pointing.

As far as I saw QS was being held on traffic tickets non related to the disappearance of Mariha.

It might be that she obtained prescription drugs for Mariha's mom illegally and that is what she lied about? That's just a guess.

As far as I've read, I thought QS did NOT attend the party Saturday night. Or at least I haven't seen she did attend the party.

Still confused.

I'm just praying LE id's the POI who purchased the .41 or .57 cents worth of gas. Once that person is id'd the rest of the pieces will fall in place.

There really hasn't been ANY direct quotes from LE at all in this case.

So, all we have to go by is news reports.

JMO

My guess? They were probably hanging around the adults. I don't believe she was tucked in and hugged and kissed for one second.

In a sense i can understand there not being much room in a 700 sq ft house after a party and so putting all the kids to sleep in the dining room but i don't think that is what happened. The drugged/drunk passed out mom says her kids were in the room with her. Who knows what to believe. The only thing i truly believe is that those kids deserve far better than the life they have.

Amen!!! Great post.

May be graphic for some:

From the start i could not understand burning a child for any other reason than to burn away evidence. Today i was talking to someone that said if the perp used a condom without spermicide then how can they tell she wasn't assaulted? I assume she was in tact with no evidence of penetration for them to conclude no sexual assault (Dang i feel gross typing that).

Respectfully snipped
I don't see how the can say conclusively she was not sexually assaulted.
There are methods of sexual assault that would not leave evidence of penetration.
jmo

Just because it wasn't publicized, doesn't mean it didn't happen. It was just kept more quiet.

And not to be contrary, but kids are plenty safe playing in their yards in most areas. We're more paranoid now because we hear more, but this is the same old song and dance about the downfall of society. Everyone always says that things are getting worse or the next generation is worse than the one before. *advertiser censored* has been around forever. So has violence, particularly violence against women and children.

The only thing that has really changed with society is that communication is much faster, thus we are exposed to more. It seems like no one is safe, but that's because we're now exposed to news 24/7 from around the globe.

I'm not implying that it never happened, just saying that it is more prevalent now. This country has a much higher population than it did 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago. More drugs, more crimes, more of everything.
It used to be unheard of for teenagers to take drugs, now every other kid you see over 12 has experimented with pot and sometimes worse. There are more teen alcoholics than ever before. Look how many young people are drug addicts. That was very, very rare when I was growing up. Nobody that I knew in high school would have dreamed of experimenting with drugs. It scared us half to death.

One of the things I think has gone wrong is, teenagers can get away with anything now, and their parents do not discipline them, they are afraid to, because the CPS will come down on them. When I was kid and did something I had been told not to do, I had my butt whipped. Now teens will curse their parents out and sometimes blow their folks' brains out because they dared to try to issue some discipline. I have actually heard moms say that they are scared to death of their teenage sons. That is just so foreign to me... I raised two boys by myself, and NEVER would one of them have raised a hand to me in anger.

Oh, yeah... I can safely say, it's a LOT worse now than it used to be and it's getting worse all the time. Prisons are all overcrowded... why do you think that is? Because the bad has overtaken the good in this world.

Feel free to disagree, but it is not just a "song and dance." It's real and those of us who have been around a long time, probably a lot longer than some of you, have seen it change. And it's scary.

Oh, yeah... I can safely say, it's a LOT worse now than it used to be and it's getting worse all the time. Prisons are all overcrowded... why do you think that is? Because the bad has overtaken the good in this world.

bolded and snipped by me
:tyou:

"Family can be a <modsnip>, I learned that today~"

This is a FB status from 2 hours ago from the tattooed Uncle. I wonder what he is talking about. He's been supportive until this.

If they are releasing the survelliance of a POI, that tells me the chances are greater this person has is not known to immediate family. Perhaps the person is a stranger or has ties to someone known to the family, but not known by immediate family.

jmo

So does this mean we are back to an intruder climbing in the open window and crawling over the sleeping mom on the couch? :mad:

Well heck am I the only one that only gets fuzzy face on the video of that guy?

Has LE made a statment clearing the adults in that home yet?

Yet another child mysteriously disappears from a home filled with people. Could she have been abducted? Sure---but they got to start with the adults in that house or who had access to that house first.

TIA for any insight you can give me. :)

The survelliance really is not clear. Imo it is easy to see why this person has not yet been id'd.

I'm going to try and pull the still shots from the link with the survelliance posted already.

Subject_turns_to_leave_20110728223908_640_480.PNG

Subject_enters_20110728223813_640_480.PNG

Off topic but I"m reading a fascinating book right now written by a forensic anthropologist and just finished a very large chapter he devoted to outlining some of the things that can be determined by examining burned remains. I posted the title of the book downstairs.

I had no idea the things they can determine even when the body is completely skeletonized. What they can determine while the remains are still intact prior to burning is amazing! Completely amazing.

The survelliance really is not clear. Imo it is easy to see why this person has not yet been id'd.

I'm going to try and pull the still shots from the link with the survelliance posted already.

Subject_turns_to_leave_20110728223908_640_480.PNG

Subject_enters_20110728223813_640_480.PNG

You're right. That video is EXTREMELY unclear. Black man, healthy slim weight, maybe 6 feet tall, white polo shirt with blue trim and dark shorts. Shaved head or very short hair. Between 19-40 years old.

I wonder if the person who purchased the gas was on foot or driving a car? It was only two straight blocks between where the body was found in the burnt out home and a turn on a side street... this person did not have to cross a street with commercial business to arrive at this BP.

Does additional survelliance indicate this POI left in a vehicle or left walking?

When I looked at the street view of this BP, there is a liquor store across the street. But I think that would be too far for any use with survelliance.

The BP runs corner to corner or stretches the block it sits on...... and the one intersection is huge. The other side is a small business that may have been too far also for any survelliance.

I do wonder if any of the BP customers who saw this guy that morning got a good look at him and if they are willing to work with LE for a composite sketch.

Otherwise, I gotta wonder if it might be a long shot to id this guy from the survelliance, unfortunately.

Not very smart if the report stating that he purchased .41 cents of gas is accurate.

JMHO

When I looked at the street view of this BP, there is a liquor store across the street. But I think that would be too far for any use with survelliance.

The BP runs corner to corner or stretches the block it sits on...... and the one intersection is huge. The other side is a small business that may have been too far also for any survelliance.

I do wonder if any of the BP customers who saw this guy that morning got a good look at him and if they are willing to work with LE for a composite sketch.

Otherwise, I gotta wonder if it might be a long shot to id this guy from the survelliance, unfortunately.

Wonder what the neighborhood is like Cubby? It's summer and it's hot. I grew up in inner city and people were on the streets at all hours. Hopefully if this neighborhood is similar someone saw him and knows him. JMHO

Mentioned in the media:

Konesha Smith
*24 years old
*Mariha's mother
*Has four children, Mariha is the oldest
*Told LE that she thought her daughter was kidnapped. She said she does not remember anything because she was drunk and passed out.
*Possible altercation with a man at a party/liquor store. http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.html
Fight at liquor store happened Sat. KS rebuffed a man’s advances. He got really angry. He was being held in custody for questioning.

Quanita Lashay Smith
*Konesha Smith's sister / Mariha Smith's Aunt
*She was the one in the video talking about KS being on pain meds for a broken leg. http://www.freep.com/article/201107...-house-slain-by-asphyxiation?odyssey=nav|head
*She had outstanding warrants.
*She has a public FB page with drug references.
*It was reported today that she failed her poly and is being detained by LE (along with her boyfriend and another male)
*She spoke about Mariha's soul (as if she knew she was dead)

Daniel Cheatam
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/child-found-dead-in-home
*Boyfriend of Quanita Lashay Smith
*Was questioned.

Diane Henry
*Konesha's mother
*Has 12 children (reported in a news article)
*Several news articles/interviews/pitures

Dominique Poole
*Konesha's sister / Mariha's Aunt
*Mentioned in several articles
*Talked to reporters
*Said yesterday she believes Mariha is still alive.

Felisha Smith
*Konesha's sister
*Said she is the one who laid Mariha down on the dining room floor. She said she gave Mariha a hug and a kiss and left at 3:30am. Says Mariha was still in the house when she left.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.html

Michael Williams
*Interviewed on video http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.html
*Said Mariha was like a grand daughter to him
*Says he is Konesha’s boyfriend.

Keyon Wilson
*was interviewed on video http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28662031/index.html
*Identified in news report as a family member.
*Identified as a man who has been helping raise Mariha
*Very upset someone could do this to Mariha

Bump. Do we have a map of Mariha's home, the gas station and the home she was found in? TIA!

This area looked rough when I did the street view. The BP is on one main interesection. The other main intersection which I looked at first (about a half mile or mile away) which has a McDonalds and two other gas stations, one was a mobil looked less rough.

I don't know if there were any witnesses seeing him walking. Or if there is a vehicle of interest based any surevlliance found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back