17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of an unusual choice of words. Even President Obama?

I think he means even the President of the United States is aware of the case. You know, the Most Powerful Man on Earth, as the press likes to say.

Hate to tell you this but if you or I were to shave our heads we would have the same "lumpy" appearance. It is actually the natural appearance of a human skull with skin and muscle matter on it. Next time you see a person (OK usually men) that have shaved their heads take a real close look at their skulls.

I have seen tons of bald men, my ex was one. I may have noticed a few scars here and there, but never lumps, especially in a perfect circle.

You might want to seek medical treatment, if you continue to bang your head like that...don't want a lumpy head. :floorlaugh:

I really feel sorry for you Mods... :seeya:

Tsk tsk Lumpy head posts belong in the basement ;)

I did not see a clickable link for the guestbook on the page I viewed. <modsnip>
jmo..

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newsobserver/obituary.aspx?n=Trayvon-Martin&pid=156897764

Trayvon B. Martin | Visit Guest Book
Trayvon B. Martin
Sanford, FL
Trayvon Benjamin Martin, 17, born on February 5, 1995, was the son of Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin. He was visiting with his father and his father's fiancé at her townhome in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, Florida, when, while walking from a convenience store, the unarmed youth was fatally shot and murdered on February 26, 2012. Trayvon, who was apparently doing nothing more menacing the evening of Feb. 26th than walking home from a convenience store, was shot in the chest during an altercation with a neighborhood watch captain who thought the teen in a hoodie looked "suspicious."
Locally, a Memorial Service for Trayvon will be held at 7:00 p.m., on Tuesday, April 10, 2012, at Morning Star Church of Christ, 225 S. Glendale Avenue in Rocky Mount, NC. NAACP President, Rev. Dr. William J. Barber will be the Guest Speaker.
All members of the community, town, city, state, and surrounding states, are invited to attend this Memorial Service. If you, your family, or your heart has been touched by the tragic death of Trayvon Martin, please join us as we move to bring ALL communities together. We have a duty to each other to raise the awareness and focus of such violence and the effect it has on us all. Furthermore, it is our duty to unify and erase the widespread acceptance of crimes as this for all people.
"His name is ringing all over the country, all over the nation, all over the world." Fulton agreed, "It showed us that even President Obama understands we need justice, that he understands our situation." Adds Martin: "The nation is saying... what if, what if this was my child, what would I do?"
Please join us.
Published in The News & Observer on April 9, 2012 Follow this Obituary
Follow on Facebook
Get Email Updates
Share with Others

Just a little warning, fwiw.

I'll be locking this thread at about 12:30 PDT, that's about 22 minutes.

fran

I would agree with you except hearing those reporters talk on a hot mike when they didn't know they were being listened to - opened my eyes.

I believe she took this decision on herself, instead of using a GJ, because she has a long term goal of political gain. I think she took this case on to further her political career, and I think the governor gave it to her as a gift (the words of the reporter, actually). And I don't think there's anyway a GJ would have supported a charge for murder 2 - it's unclear whether they would have gone for even manslaughter.

And I think he will avoid trial by proving - by a preponderance of the evidence - that he was Standing His Ground.

And then I think the reaction will be worse than if they hadn't charged him in the first place.

But with any luck, what's really important, is that Corey will get the political mileage she is going for.

As soon as the doj was asked to look at the case I knew then that heads would spin, and it's been handed off every since. No my decision, not on my watch, from the gov to the ag and now a judge that will prob pass it on to the next in line. People that are in jobs by way of vote or public service are running from this hot topic case. It's a " I'll be damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Originally Posted by JeannaT
I would agree with you except hearing those reporters talk on a hot mike when they didn't know they were being listened to - opened my eyes.

I believe she took this decision on herself, instead of using a GJ, because she has a long term goal of political gain. I think she took this case on to further her political career, and I think the governor gave it to her as a gift (the words of the reporter, actually). And I don't think there's anyway a GJ would have supported a charge for murder 2 - it's unclear whether they would have gone for even manslaughter.

And I think he will avoid trial by proving - by a preponderance of the evidence - that he was Standing His Ground.

And then I think the reaction will be worse than if they hadn't charged him in the first place.

But with any luck, what's really important, is that Corey will get the political mileage she is going for.

Grand Jury is used to get a true bill (indictment) for a premediated murder or 1st degree murder, one is not needed for a 2nd degree murder charge...

ACorey did not do this for political gain, did not bring charges on GZ due to emotional pressures, she brought charges against GZ due to the statutes that govern her state...Had she not thought she could safely bring charges with reasonable doubts, he'd not have been charged...She charged quite possibly due to his account of things, conflicting witness statements, autopsy results, did not meet the criteria to use this SYG defense...and if GZ uses this defense, he will get a trial on that issue alone and he'd have to take the stand to do so, the State will staunchly defend their stance..then it either gets dismissed or doesn't..

The SYG defense is widely misused and abused..could be this is where it stops...

All I can say about this whole fiasco is that it's about time Zimmerman was arrested. I have no idea why he wasn't taken into custody much earlier. Granted, they questioned him, but why let him go? No proof of anything, except a dead body, then oopsie, second degree murder? What is wrong with this picture? Racial profiling.... by whom? Zimmerman or the police?

Just glad the whole situation was finally defused. JMO.

Instead of discussing ad nauseum the minutia of esoteric details that may or may not play a role in the ultimate resolution of this case, how about considering what I see as an elephant in the room of Mr. Zimmerman&#8217;s stated reasons and justification for a defense of Stand Your Ground?

elephant-in-the-room-1.jpg

Watch this video. Listen to George Zimmerman&#8217;s words, not mine or yours. Listen to Robert Zimmerman&#8217;s words regarding the actions of his son.

Between the words of George, Robert, and the 911 call itself a step by step picture of the alleged actions and timeline of George Zimmerman and his SYG defense is laid out for us.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuBGROVXYJE"]The Flawed Core of George Zimmerman's Stand Your Ground Defense - YouTube[/ame]

How long do YOU think it should take to walk 317 feet?

Then, as many of you have done so many times for a long, long time, show me why this story isn&#8217;t an elephant.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey, who was appointed by Gov. Rick Scott to investigate the case, said she will ensure that the judge or jury deciding the case will get only "the relevant, admissible evidence on which they can then base their decisions."

"Let me emphasize that we do not prosecute by pressure or petition," she said.

Immediately after the shooting, Sanford police questioned Zimmerman and released him without charges. They said then that there were no grounds to disprove his account.

A prosecution affidavit of probable cause filed Thursday with the court offered few new details about what happened that night, although it appeared to offer some insight into how the special prosecutor views the case.

The document says Zimmerman, who lived in the community where the shooting occurred, was in his vehicle when he saw Martin "and assumed Martin was a criminal."

It says Zimmerman felt Martin did not belong in the gated community and called police.

"During the recorded call Zimmerman made reference to people he felt had committed and gotten away with break-ins in his neighborhood. Later while talking about Martin, Zimmerman stated 'these *advertiser censored**holes, they always get away," and also said 'these *advertiser censored**ing punks,' " the document says.
As the incident was unfolding, Martin was on the phone with a friend, the affidavit says.

"The witness advised that Martin was scared because he was being followed through the complex by an unknown male and didn't know why. Martin attempted to run home but was followed by Zimmerman, who didn't want the person he falsely assumed was going to commit a crime to get away before the police arrived," it said.

The affidavit said that "when the police dispatcher realized Zimmerman was pursuing Martin, he instructed Zimmerman not to do that and that the responding officer would meet him. Zimmerman disregarded the police dispatcher and continued to follow Martin, who was trying to return to his home.

"Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued. Witnesses heard people arguing and what sounded like a struggle."

Calls to 911 captured a voice crying for help; that voice belonged to Martin, according to his mother; the neighborhood watch volunteer's relatives have said the voice was Zimmerman's.

One of the responding officers reported seeing a wound on the back of Zimmerman's head, and surveillance video appeared to show an injury.

"Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. When police arrived Zimmerman admitted shooting Martin. Officers recovered a gun from a holster inside Zimmerman's waistband."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

From the beginning, when this case came to view, the biggest clue against GZ are the words he used during his 911 call....his mentality is evident...he was not going to let another 'criminal' who he felt did not belong in HIS community get away, made sure TM wasn't going to get away...he reholstering his weapon makes me feel as if he was proud of what he'd done, as he stood over his trophy, not once rendering aid..GZ's words followed by his actions, will do him in...

As far as the conflicting accounts, we hear about that all the time, which is why we go to trial...then a jury of GZ's peers will weigh his fate. Who is more credible...if he takes it that far...he might also have the incentive to plea down for less prison time...we need to allow the wheels of justice to roll.... :maddening:

All I can say about this whole fiasco is that it's about time Zimmerman was arrested. I have no idea why he wasn't taken into custody much earlier. Granted, they questioned him, but why let him go? No proof of anything, except a dead body, then oopsie, second degree murder? What is wrong with this picture? Racial profiling.... by whom? Zimmerman or the police?

Just glad the whole situation was finally defused. JMO.

At the time George Zimmerman was released, the authorities did not yet know that Trayvon Martin was an invited guest of a neighborhood resident. Were they making the same mistake as Zimmerman, profiling Martin as a punk who was up to no good?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/13/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

From the beginning, when this case came to view, the biggest clue against GZ are the words he used during his 911 call....his mentality is evident...he was not going to let another 'criminal' who he felt did not belong in HIS community get away, made sure TM wasn't going to get away...he reholstering his weapon makes me feel as if he was proud of what he'd done, as he stood over his trophy, not once rendering aid..GZ's words followed by his actions, will do him in...

As far as the conflicting accounts, we hear about that all the time, which is why we go to trial...then a jury of GZ's peers will weigh his fate. Who is more credible...if he takes it that far...he might also have the incentive to plea down for less prison time...we need to allow the wheels of justice to roll.... :maddening:

:goodpost::gthanks: Interesting article and good point-counter point on some of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak