Secret Santa pays strangers' layaway bills

aw wow, from your link Dave

Postscript: The day after the story aired on 24 Hour News 8, another secret Santa went to the Plainfield Kmart and offered to pay off 13 more layaway bills — to the tune of about $2,000. It was the largest layaway payoff in the history of the store.

I love when I am proved right - kindness is catching - spread it around!

Postscript: The day after the story aired on 24 Hour News 8, another secret Santa went to the Plainfield Kmart and offered to pay off 13 more layaway bills — to the tune of about $2,000. It was the largest layaway payoff in the history of the store.

I was thinking the same thing!

I totally missed that part!! Wow, that gave me chills. With all of the horrible things that we read about here, it is SO nice to read about stuff like this. Definitely restores my faith in humanity.

Oh I soooo love story's like this ! What a wonderful gift of kindness and caring.....
I always hope someday I will win the lottery so I can afford to do things like this regulary. I know so many people in need. I would be the secret santa that paid off your mortgage ;).

When I do have a little extra cash, I have been know to pay for someones gas fill up (shhh don't tell my DH he would faint) just walk right in a pay it up before they make it in, it is a wonderful feeling :) .

So awsome. Although I have had issues getting K mart to even take my payment without an ID. Not even the pick up one.

I am glad the clerk let her go ahead and do this.

Whenever we eat out and my DH spots a veteran, active duty or retired; he always calls the waitress over and secretly pays for their meal. I would love to be able to bless someone by paying off their layaway but this year it's all I can do to pay off mine.

Just Happened here too. :D

A couple of "Secret Santa's" hit a local Wal-Mart and make a huge generous donation. Employees, at the store on Hendersonville Road in south Asheville, said a women came into the store with her daughter and requested to help some customers with their layaway accounts. The couple put down nearly $1,000 which helped five customers. Wal-Mart contacted the shoppers and let them know that Santa had left them a gift at the layaway department.
Thursday, December 15 2011, 11:37 PM EST

I'd love to be able to do this and someday I hope I'll be able to afford to do it. Right now I'm just the person letting someone go ahead of me in line or just being generally helpful getting things off tall shelves for short shoppers :D. I'd like to be able to help secretly though. What a great thread Dave.

I'd love to be able to do this and someday I hope I'll be able to afford to do it. Right now I'm just the person letting someone go ahead of me in line or just being generally helpful getting things off tall shelves for short shoppers :D. I'd like to be able to help secretly though. What a great thread Dave.

BBM

Me too!! I was telling my mom about this story the other day and suggested that next year our family do this, or something like it, instead of buying one another gifts (of course we would still buy the kids gifts). No one in our family is rich but we are lucky to have everything we need. I think it would be SO fun to secretly help out someone during the holidays.

There was a WS member who told us about her father and mother. They would be in a restaurant and if they saw a young mother with children multi-tasking on her own, they would secretly pay her meal. What a great feeling and what a surprise for the mother. I loved the story. The member (sorry I can't remember the name) said that it may just be the little miracle that changes the persons outlook on life.

It's a heartwarming epidemic! More stories here:

"...At Kmart stores across the country, Santa seems to be getting some help: Anonymous donors are paying off strangers' layaway accounts, buying the Christmas gifts other families couldn't afford, especially toys and children's clothes set aside by impoverished parents."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011111216011

Yesterday I gave the young woman manning the Salvation Army kettle $10 to have lunch on me to thank her for taking the time to volunteer to help others. She launched herself out of that chair and bear hugged me and it was all I could do to stay on my feet...lol. You'd think I gave her a million dollars. There are so many little things you can do that make a big difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back