GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
Off Topic. I hope this beautiful young woman is found alive and well. I hope this isn't a case of 'here we go again'.

AN Irish woman who works for ABC radio in Melbourne has vanished while walking home from a Brunswick bar.
Jill Meagher, 29, was seen leaving The Brunswick Green bar on Sydney Rd at about midnight, before walking to Bar Etiquette where she was last seen between 1.30am and 2am on Saturday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-a-brunswick-bar/story-e6frf7kx-1226479708333

News Video:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?videoid=980cb072-99a2-4bfa-aa11-11963766cc1e

missing flyer:

http://tf.vertikar.net/post/32097523064/missing-jill-meagher-if-you-know-anything

Article:

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...man-jill-meagher/story-fndo4eg9-1226479708333

Snipped:

A WOMAN who mysteriously disappeared after a night out with work friends insisted she wanted to walk home alone, a friend has revealed.
Police have launched a major investigation into the disappearance of Jill Meagher.
Her distraught husband, Thomas, now fears the worst.
The 29- year-old has not been seen since she left Brunswick's Bar Etiquette about 1.30am on Saturday.
Det Acting Sgt Steve Bull said police were treating the disappearance of Ms Meagher, who works for ABC radio, very seriously.
"We have concerns for her safety. This is totally out of character for Jill and we just haven't been able to find her," he said.
ABC radio colleague Tom Wright told the Herald Sun he was the last person to see Ms Meagher. Mr Wright offered to walk her home,but she declined.

Please God this lady will be found. Thoughts & prayers to her family & friends.

This is not good.

Women just don't disappear here in Melbourne. Hoping for some sort of miracle, but just can't think of any scenario where that will occur.

Really hope she is found safe.

This is not good.

Women just don't disappear here in Melbourne. Hoping for some sort of miracle, but just can't think of any scenario where that will occur.

Really hope she is found safe.

No your right they just don't disappear, it's so scary and so close to home. All we can is pray and hope the police find something in the surveillance footage they are looking through or her phone pings fingers crossed.

I'm going to email to get the poster to put out! Anyone else in Melbourne go onto the Facebook link above and email to get a copy to put posters out. Thinks of you jill

Bless her heart! I hate to say it but the FB page appears to contain lots of photos of Jill drinking. Maybe that is the norm, not sure. But I wonder if she was intoxicated that night? Is there water nearby?

Bless her heart! I hate to say it but the FB page appears to contain lots of photos of Jill drinking. Maybe that is the norm, not sure. But I wonder if she was intoxicated that night? Is there water nearby?

She does seem like a lady that like a drink (she is Irish, move to Australia 3 years ago I think the papers said)and I have no doubt she had been drinking that night.

no water nearby, not from memory anyway, brunswick is an inner city suburb and yes it's a very densly populated area - Melbourne has population of 3.5 million and that part of the city is all urban area, no parks or waterways. Sydney Rd area has a lot of traffic, even at 1,30am - it's a main road, but if she's walking home, brunswick side streets might be quiet - haven't been there awhile so I can't remember fully what it's like.

Off Topic. I hope this beautiful young woman is found alive and well. I hope this isn't a case of 'here we go again'.

AN Irish woman who works for ABC radio in Melbourne has vanished while walking home from a Brunswick bar.
Jill Meagher, 29, was seen leaving The Brunswick Green bar on Sydney Rd at about midnight, before walking to Bar Etiquette where she was last seen between 1.30am and 2am on Saturday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-a-brunswick-bar/story-e6frf7kx-1226479708333

Hi Makara

I just logged on with this case in mind. I'm assuming that it rang bells for you too. The video of the hubby is very very interesting. Some text book eye movements to his right. Also, he is well set up with evidence of his concern for his wife's welfare - lots of calls to a mobile and already a web page to help find her - but no mention of searching on foot. Let's hope she's fine and well, and my interpretations are incorrect.

Congratulations on your great contributions!

Bobbie

It was reported in the above article that she lived 5a 5 minute walk away and walked home. And yes she had been drinking. She has lived in Australia for 3 years and is from Ireland.

Hi Makara

I just logged on with this case in mind. I'm assuming that it rang bells for you too. The video of the hubby is very very interesting. Some text book eye movements to his right. Also, he is well set up with evidence of his concern for his wife's welfare - lots of calls to a mobile and already a web page to help find her - but no mention of searching on foot. Let's hope she's fine and well, and my interpretations are incorrect.

Congratulations on your great contributions!

Bobbie

Just watched it - it doesnt look good he looks very nervous and the constant shaking if the head.......

Just watched it - it doesnt look good he looks very nervous and the constant shaking if the head.......

Have you ever had one of those TV cameras in your face? Very hard to look at. Having now experienced one I feel a bit more compassion for people who are faced with one.
moo

Some of her stuff has been found (looks like it was probably found close to her apartment):

Police said "objects belonging to a missing Brunswick woman" were found in Hope St at 6.30am today about 1km from the bar that Ms Meagher was last seen.

Police and the SES have cordoned off a 200m stretch of Hope St that houses a car repairs business and a few vacant shops.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/police-launch-hunt-for-missing-abc-radio-employee-jill-meagher/story-e6frf7kx-1226479708333

On the news this morning they were reporting that they've found some of her things in an alley halfway between the place she was drinking and her home, but they won't yet release what they've found. The area is now cordoned off as a crime scene, and the homicide squad has been brought in.

http://www.news.com.au/national/police-launch-hunt-for-missing-abc-radio-employee-jill-meagher/story-fndo4eg9-1226479708333

Very scary, people don't just go missing here, it's such a busy area. This really isn't looking good, but it's only been 48 hours so I'm holding out hope.

Prayers for her family, I hope she is found safe and well. :(

Reminds me on the Joanna Yeates story in the UK. :-(

She also walked a short distance home alone after being at a pub with her friends.

The article mentioned Jill told Mr Wright she was having a 'midlife crisis' - I wonder if that will have something to do with what happened to her.

Thanks for posting the links guys!!! I'm not home at Uni and on my phone. Yes very scary indeed it's uncommon that people go missin in this manner here, very scary indeed. Sending prayers to Jill and her family and friends, let's hope this is a good outcome!

This woman has disappeared about 500m from my sisters place. I hope they find her safe and sound and yet, if not, I hope there's no murdering nutter in the area. Very scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82