Nancy Garrido - thread #2

I posted this in the first thread; re-posting it here so it's not overlooked.

I saw a promo for the next Inside Edition, which presumably airs this weekend. The episode includes an interview with Nancy's brothers. Two of them appeared in the promo ad.

It's not on the IE website yet, but here's a link fyi: http://www.insideedition.com/search.aspx?search=garrido.

I don't know how to quote a post on thread #1 to reply on thread #2.
Answering Flourish: In the middle of thread #1 somewhere, there was a post
giving the history of NG at Diamond Ridge Nursing Home in Leavenworth.
It cited her heroin; hope its more reliable than NE. These threads are so long
it's to hard to keep track of it all.

:thumb: Xin is very "ON". We can only make inferences for now.

:heart: Flourish --- I'm certainly happy that your experience with your son
was different than in the Garrido household. I think yet that NG and PG made
the attempt to be caring parents, but how they could carry it out was
hobbled by their personal issues, including secrecy on where the children
came from. PG was taking them out into social circles.

Ultimately, i believe the value of the Garrido's as parents ought to be left
to their children as they start to assume their role in the next generation
of our community. It'll take awhile. Meanwhile, i think it's important to keep
the visitor's window open at the jailhouse.

That should be interesting. I think Nancy is one of the big unanswered questions in this case IMO, we know so little about her, what makes her tick.

I don't know how to quote a post on thread #1 to reply on thread #2.
Answering Flourish: In the middle of thread #1 somewhere, there was a post
giving the history of NG at Diamond Ridge Nursing Home in Leavenworth.
It cited her heroin; hope its more reliable than NE. These threads are so long
it's to hard to keep track of it all.

:thumb: Xin is very "ON". We can only make inferences for now.

:heart: Flourish --- I'm certainly happy that your experience with your son
was different than in the Garrido household. I think yet that NG and PG made
the attempt to be caring parents,
but how they could carry it out was
hobbled by their personal issues, including secrecy on where the children
came from. PG was taking them out into social circles.

Ultimately, i believe the value of the Garrido's as parents ought to be left
to their children as they start to assume their role in the next generation
of our community. It'll take awhile. Meanwhile, i think it's important to keep
the visitor's window open at the jailhouse.

bbm
Thank you for answering my question.

Even referring to NG and PG as "parents" is just revolting, IMHO. :sick:
If PG is the bio father of Jaycee's girls, being a bio dad doesn't make you a "caring parent." Go check out Jaycee's bio dad's thread for more info on ideas about that. And NG is a parent to anyone how? By enabling her husband-rapist?

I don't think any social worker or therapist would recommend that the girls go visit the two rapist abductors in jail. Jaycee's mother surely would never set foot to take them there either. Something like that would cause the whole family even more problems and confusion. The girls were taken away from the Garridos in a much much worse way than when CPS takes kids away due to neglect, so they have no chance of seeing them again, so no reason to be visiting in jail.

I don't think any social worker or therapist would recommend that the girls go visit the two rapist abductors in jail. Jaycee's mother surely would never set foot to take them there either. Something like that would cause the whole family even more problems and confusion. The girls were taken away from the Garridos in a much much worse way than when CPS takes kids away due to neglect, so they have no chance of seeing them again, so no reason to be visiting in jail.

Playing devil's advocate here: Since PG is their bio father (a DNA test will prove this but others have said he has a resemblance to them and JC confirms it) and since we don't KNOW under what circumstances they lived (did they live outdoors, sleep with him, etc) isn't there a chance that the courts could theoretically allow him visitation, or even demand that their mother (JC) make them visit with him?

I was reading the blog of someone here's daughter (I forget her name) and she was a survivor of spousal rape and abuse and the courts said that she had to allow her children to have visitation with the father, even though he had been convicted of assaulting the mom and had served time for it. So what if these "brilliant" LE types decide that PG should be allowed visitation with his children and then the courts have to enforce it??

As far as the 2 girls know, maybe this is how they think a normal family lives. Maybe they don't see it as wrong as we do? Maybe they even want to see their parents again (and by parents, I mean the people that they assumed were their parents -- PG and NG). Of course, JC knew the situation was wrong and so did PG and NG, but this is all the girls knew....

Just food for thought! Of course I think PG and NG are evil scum, but I'm just trying to look at this from the point of view of the law and the rights of bio fathers.

JULIE

The girls may want to see him and/or Nancy. They are not so young that their wishes shouldn't be considered at all. And in any case, the oldest girl will be able to make her own choices in a few years anyway, actively stopping her from doing what she wants now will likely create resentment and a backlash.

Playing devil's advocate here: Since PG is their bio father (a DNA test will prove this but others have said he has a resemblance to them and JC confirms it) and since we don't KNOW under what circumstances they lived (did they live outdoors, sleep with him, etc) isn't there a chance that the courts could theoretically allow him visitation, or even demand that their mother (JC) make them visit with him?

I was reading the blog of someone here's daughter (I forget her name) and she was a survivor of spousal rape and abuse and the courts said that she had to allow her children to have visitation with the father, even though he had been convicted of assaulting the mom and had served time for it. So what if these "brilliant" LE types decide that PG should be allowed visitation with his children and then the courts have to enforce it??

As far as the 2 girls know, maybe this is how they think a normal family lives. Maybe they don't see it as wrong as we do? Maybe they even want to see their parents again (and by parents, I mean the people that they assumed were their parents -- PG and NG). Of course, JC knew the situation was wrong and so did PG and NG, but this is all the girls knew....

Just food for thought! Of course I think PG and NG are evil scum, but I'm just trying to look at this from the point of view of the law and the rights of bio fathers.

JULIE
Are you seriously suggesting you think a court would force visitation in a situation such as this? Whatever example case you provided is not even close, as the man in your example was married to the mother and not accused of kidnapping her.

I know this case is not like any others, but when there's a trial pending, aren't there rules against the victims visiting or seeing the criminals? The thought of the oldest girl visiting those two after age 18 is scary. She'd be exposed to their manipulations plus all the other convicts in the visiting area of prison.

I know this case is not like any others, but when there's a trial pending, aren't there rules against the victims visiting or seeing the criminals? The thought of the oldest girl visiting those two after age 18 is scary. She'd be exposed to their manipulations plus all the other convicts in the visiting area of prison.

From what's been reported, they don't even want Jaycee and her children watching the media coverage of the case. So I sincerely doubt there will be any visits of either Garrido or his wife by Jaycee or her children.
They still might have to testify at trial.

From what's been reported, they don't even want Jaycee and her children watching the media coverage of the case. So I sincerely doubt there will be any visits of either Garrido or his wife by Jaycee or her children.
They still might have to testify at trial.

I think that is aimed at the kids. They wouldn't be able to stop Jaycee herself, she is an adult and can do what she wants. They might suggest she not watch, but I doubt they are telling her she can't.

That should be interesting. I think Nancy is one of the big unanswered questions in this case IMO, we know so little about her, what makes her tick.

:sick: This may be only a partial answer, and the question: what makes her
NOT tick. I've encountered a job applicant for our business occasionally, who
was on dope, but always passed him up because his productivity would be
slow as molasses. But at least he's too dopey to do much damage.

:sick: This may be only a partial answer, and the question: what makes her
NOT tick. I've encountered a job applicant for our business occasionally, who
was on dope, but always passed him up because his productivity would be
slow as molasses. But at least he's too dopey to do much damage.
Thing is... Nancy was employed as a CNA. When it comes to that type of patient care, productivity is not an issue. It's not like you have to see a certain number of patients.

JULIE

Oh Julie....no, just no. His rights should be terminated and a no contact order placed. I believe that is what will be done.

"Hybristophilia is a paraphilia involving being sexually aroused or attracted to people who have committed an outrage or a gruesome crime. In popular culture, this phenomenon is also known as "Bonnie and Clyde Syndrome".

Many high-profile criminals, particularly those who have committed atrocious crimes, receive "fan mail" in prison which is sometimes amorous or sexual, presumably as a result of this phenomenon. In some cases, admirers of these criminals have gone on to marry the object of their affections in prison.

Hybristophilia is accepted as potentially lethal, other such paraphilias including, but not being limited to asphyxiophilia, autassassinophilia, biastophilia, kleptophilia and chremastistophilia."

Maybe a little insight as to what makes Nancy tick? Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure.

"Hybristophilia is a paraphilia involving being sexually aroused or attracted to people who have committed an outrage or a gruesome crime. In popular culture, this phenomenon is also known as "Bonnie and Clyde Syndrome".

Many high-profile criminals, particularly those who have committed atrocious crimes, receive "fan mail" in prison which is sometimes amorous or sexual, presumably as a result of this phenomenon. In some cases, admirers of these criminals have gone on to marry the object of their affections in prison.

Hybristophilia is accepted as potentially lethal, other such paraphilias including, but not being limited to asphyxiophilia, autassassinophilia, biastophilia, kleptophilia and chremastistophilia."

Maybe a little insight as to what makes Nancy tick? Just the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure.

if nancy was a cna it kinda makes kathy bates in misery look like florence nightengale........:banghead:

It's hard to say whats up with Nancy because there is so little info about her, unlike PG. She seems to have been pretty reclusive, and most of the folks who might know something haven't really said anything yet.

It's hard to say whats up with Nancy because there is so little info about her, unlike PG. She seems to have been pretty reclusive, and most of the folks who might know something haven't really said anything yet.

im afraid she's gonna have a ton of "character witnesses" that will put the blame on garrido's 'brainwashing".
to me this is absurd. she wasnt an 11 year old snatched off the streets and brutalied repeatedly for years..........she willingly and knowingly married this jerk while he was in prison (and she knew what he was in for) and then SHE was the one who snathed jaycee from the bus stop. and then SHE Was the one who didnt let jaycee go or call the cops when he was locked up (even if it was only for a month).

JULIE

LOL, even though others may not want to hear it IMO you are going down the right path. If PG is established as the children's father, he will be their legal father unless Jaycee takes action to terminate his rights through the courts. But traditionally though the court won't terminate a father's rights because he is in prison, they usually won't require the kids to attend visitation at the prison. Jaycee would probably be able to find grounds for teminating his rights if she wished to do so.

Yes, at some point the girls may want to visit PG and even NG. Hopefully they will get a lot of counseling before that time. But you have to remember that no matter what PG and NG may have done to Jaycee, the girls never experienced that. What they experienced from them was the nearest thing to parenting that they know. And even very abused kids will often want the love and support of their parents. So yes, they may want to see them, at some point may even visit them. But this time when they see them they will see them through different, more experienced eyes. They will have counseling, some idea of the history, experience of living in a home and relationships with other relatives. So going to see the G's with the comparison of their new experiences might not be such a bad thing.

As far as Jaycee, she is an adult. And yes, she might or might not wish to visit them. She lived with them for 18 years. She has admitted establishing a bond with them. She is in charge of her life now, and is in charge of her choices. If she needs to see them in order to resolve that part of her life then I hope she goes for it.

As far as PG ever parenting them again, I don't anticipate that PG will be out of prison until long after they are of age. Same goes with NG.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back