IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came home from work to find some interesting information here. Great Sleuthing Chelsea! Now I just need to go back and read.....so I can be caught up!

Thanks LaborDayRN!! :seeya: Yes.. get caught up so you can join in!!

Yes, I visited New Orleans for the first time in October. When I visited the aquarium, the aviculturalist asked what I thought of his city, and I blurted out, "it's really hot!" lol. :what: I almost got used to it by the end of the week though. And I love the city.

O/T...

New Orleans is awesome !!

Agree. The letter is obtuse, bizarre, hysterical? The perp may never have
read it.

What is beginning to impress itself on me is just how screwed up these
girls environment was - an explosive situation by any measure. And then
"this" happens! One cannot help but wonder if there is a connection.

I'm not sure that both girls' environments were screwed up, though. I believe Lizzie's life was pretty normal.

Lyric faced a more messed up family situation, but I believe she spent a lot of time living with Heather (at one point) and then Wylma, her grandma. I'm not sure, but I think she spent more time living with them than she did with Misty and Dan. I feel Lyric was sheltered somewhat from the problems Misty and Dan faced. JMO

Thanks LaborDayRN!! :seeya: Yes.. get caught up so you can join in!!

After a 13 hour day, my intention was to get caught up in the morning. Then I realized that by morning.....I'd have TWICE the post to read! :giggle:

georger, I think the woman was confused. There was an incident a week or so before Lyric and Lizzie were abducted. Lyric and another cousin were late getting back home, and the family was about to call the police when she returned home. Let me look for a link and I'll post it.

Ok thanks.

Chelsea, the RSO you mentioned.....do we know if LE has checked him out?

Wow. I had not seen this letter since I stopped following the girls' story in September. Boy, my heart goes out to the family. I am grieved for them. I am not bashing them at all, atleast I don't intend to, but speaking as a therapist, this was a really bad letter. I can totally see how this would infuriate an abductor and cause him to have to do something with the energy created by his anger. OF COURSE I'm not blaming the family. Of course no one is responsible except the perp. or perps. Of course I have no idea if the girls were killed before or after this letter or if the perp./perps. have even seen this letter; but, every action has the potential to instigate a reaction, and I can see how a person who has no empathy, who cares only about self-gratification, and who is already sick, twisted, prideful, etc. would lash out to the Collins. He probably hates every good thing that they stand for.

I never even thought of this possibility, but it makes sense and is horrifying. Are you basically saying that the perp would not have liked the forgiveness approach to the letter because he wanted to hurt the family? He didn't want to be told that he could be a hero because he wants to be a monster.

Chelsea, the RSO you mentioned.....do we know if LE has checked him out?

Not that I know of. I called the Crimestoppers Hotline and they took down all the needed info. (Thanks Marilynilpa, I was MIA for a bit..lol)

I'm not as good as otto so hopefully we can get a better one than this. But even this much kind of makes my stomach turn...

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...q=meyers+lake,+evansdale,+ia&mra=mru&t=m&z=10

You might want to add the 600? block of Greenbriar Dr/St in Waterloo as well. It's north of most of the addresses and near Geo Wyth Lake where Misty took Lyric swimming. I believe Tammy lives there....or did. This was the area Misty was found out in the yard and taken to the hospital and the area where Lyric disappeared for awhile when Misty called Dan and LE....and assuming where the 14 yr old cousin was approached. If I'm not mistaken, Misty's new bf at the time once lived at that addy also. jmo

I'm working on a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong