Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm undecided on which was the first stab. I do agree she attacked his back at the sink and maybe down the hall, but I think she could have attacked his back in more than one location, including in the shower.

Though I also think it's also possible by just using the element of surprise she may have been able to get to his chest even if he were looking.

I think she had him turn in the shower, possibly gun pointed at him and camera in one hand, when she started the assault. Stabbed many times quickly and as he turns, gets stabbed in the chest. At this point he tries to defend and suffers wounds to his hands. Staggers out of shower on adrenaline...to mirror to process what has happened...blood everywhere. Tries to escape down hallway, but she continues to stab away and he finally succumbs to injuries/blood loss. Falls on stomach and she lifts his head and slits his throat to stop him from possibly screaming. Pool of blood on carpet supports that he was resting at end of hallway. She drags him back to bathroom, kicks camera which was dropped when stabbing started. Body convulses and she shoots him to ensure that he is dead. Positions him in shower and tries to clean up as much as possible before freaking out and leaving.

I was thinking about this last night...they actually just dated from January-June the year before, correct? And it was mostly long distance? How friggin unbelievable!!

Just makes you realize how totally nuts and evil this woman is.

KandyKane:

Thanks...I agree with you completely and will say I am surprised at how many people here think that JA shot him first. If there were to be irrefutable proof that TA was shot first, JA's defense is completely destroyed because her fog/lack of memory has no basis.

When I add up the ME's opinion, the fact that the bullet casing is lying on top of blood, with no blood on the top of it and the time it would take for JA's scenario to play out against the time stamps on the pictures, to me there is no wiggle room for any other scenario.

So what more information is needed to clinch this? Or will this be part of the logic of the closing argument?

Would this account for the extra miles? Taking the route you described above?

If I remember correctly it is about an extra 75 miles or so. I am not a 100 percent sure.

EDIT: I did a mapquest, and it shows 653.1 Taking I-17 to HWY 89

going through Las Vegas shows 706 miles.

About 50 miles more going through Las Vegas.

this just struck me.....can you imagine after killing TA in the manner JA did and driving to UT to meet Ryan and as soon as they leave Ryan's house (headed for a meeting less than a mile away) you are stopped by a policeman?? any normal person would be a FREAKING basket case (we know it was for upside down license plate) but JA had no idea why she was being stopped....it could have been for killing TA...once detectives found out she had been involved in TAs murder and that she had been stopped in UT and she id not react in he least they knew right then she was cold as ice :jail:

Re: 5 gallon Kerosene Can

Don't know if this is like the one JA purchased,
but it is the only one available at Walmart.

0004454981017_P321146_180X180.jpg

Blitz Usa 81017 2+ Carb/Epa Kerosene Can Envfl - Each
In stores only

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...0&Find=Find&pref_store=2556&ss=false&ic=32_64

What exactly is Occams Razor?
Occams Razor:
The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Detectives use it to deduce who's the likeliest suspect in a murder case -- you know, the butler did it. Doctors *use it to determine the illness behind a set of symptoms.

This line of reasoning is called Occam's razor. It's used in a wide variety of ways throughout the world as a means to slice through a problem or situation and eliminate unnecessary elements. But what we call the razor is a little different than what its author originally wrote. There are two parts that are considered the basis of Occam's razor, and they were originally written in Latin:
•The Principle of Plurality - Plurality should not be posited without necessity
•The Principle of Parsimony - It is pointless to do with more what is done with less

Taken together, they represent the basis of humanity's investigation into the universe, and the way we see our environment is largely based upon Occam's razor. There's no telling what kind of world we would live in today without Occam's razor.

this just struck me.....can you imagine after killing TA in the manner JA did and driving to UT to meet Ryan and as soon as they leave Ryan's house (headed for a meeting less than a mile away) you are stopped by a policeman?? any normal person would be a FREAKING basket case (we know it was for upside down license plate) but JA had no idea why she was being stopped....it could have been for killing TA...once detectives found out she had been involved in TAs murder and that she had been stopped in UT and she id not react in he least they knew right then she was cold as ice :jail:

Yeah, I've thought about that before, but why do you think she didn't react? Was there testimony to that?

Dahmer described this very thing, just after he had dismembered his first victim. He was pulled over with the garbage bags in the car and calmly lied to police about their contents. Amazing how stealth a lunatic can be under pressure. :what:

I would think simply adding bleach to that load shows she was deliberatly trying to destroy evidence. Therefore she was not in a fog.

The day I was there, Nurmi had a forensics witness pull all of the items from the bleached load out of the evidence bag one by one. The point was to show that all of the clothes in that load didn't have signs of having been bleached. So I don't think it's been proven that she added bleach to the load because there was some stuff, dark socks in particular, that didn't have any bleaching on them. I don't think it matters much, though, since she obviously tried to cover up her involvement in many, many other ways.

I'm against it. These people aren't qualified investigators/interrogators. As much as I LOVE the *advertiser censored* question (and I truly do) I think it's kind of outrageous for a juror to be taunting a defendant in the middle of a trial. Not to mention it has the capacity to prejudice other jurors before they commence deliberations.

I'm not sure if the juror was actually taunting the defendant. I think maybe the juror just wanted to hear from JA what that term meant to her, so that perhaps they could weigh why JA would consider that abusive.

I'm sure if the judge had any doubt about why the question was asked, she would have disallowed it. Plus, I can't see the judge wanting to even ASK that if she didn't have to :floorlaugh:.

ABOUT JUAN

A good lawyer usualy won't ask questions to a witness that he already does not know the answers to.
Lawyers that are good like to play with defendant to never let them settle on a paticular thought.That way the defendant has a harder time figuring out exactly where the lawyer is going with a line of questioning.
Juan knows exactly what hes doing and at key times in the trial he will throw something at the defendant and their defence team that will give them something to think about over the weekend.
As Juan is sitting in court he has a team of helpers with the case that goes through everything with a fine tooth comb.
These case helpers have been doing this for sometime already,checking bank statements,times of event,emails, texts,transaction reciepts, mileage,and hundreds of other things we the public haven't even thought of.
I'm sure Juan will be saving the best proof for last(just before closing arguments)to make sure the jury knows before they deliberate that the murder was premeditated with out any doubt.
Murder cases are like playing poker and you don't show your opposition your hand until the very end.

Personaly I think Juan is doing a good job and I do believe he will spring his trap in due time,He still has the door wide open to bring up most anything he wants.
Remember he has his own team that work behind the scenes.
I also think premeditation will be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
Our little Jodi will get what she deserves( If I did it I would beg for the death penalty).

This is a question I would like to hear the jury ask this creature:

Can you explain how a supposed homosexual pedophile would want to have a threesome with 2 adult women? And, you being one of those adult women, who stated that you "wouldn't necessarily say no to it?":waitasec:

(que the Jeopardy music)

I'll take Total BS for 500 Alex.

ATL, I'm not the OP but I agree that there is ONE photo that definately looks as if the flash was used while the others don't. It's the last photo of Travis sitting in the shower where he is facing the camera. The next photo taken was the one that shows his body sitting in the shower without showing his head, and the shower door was open for THIS photo where it was closed for all of the other photos. I think that Jodi used the flash for that full on face photo to "blind" Travis long enough to stab him in the chest.

MOO

They were then sent through a washing machine cycle and could only be extracted by forensics. Frankly, I shocked they look as good as they do.

Gas cans

1. She originally testified she bought extra gas because the prices were too high in CA.

2. The she says she brought extra gas because she has never driven down the I-15.

Which one is it Jodi??!

I "think" I like the idea ... but am somewhat concerned that there is no "cut-off" point ....how long should they be able to go on ... and on ... and on ... and still get no answers. I guess because it is a DP case, they have to the let the jury get all of their questions in. They seem somewhat repetitive though ... The thing that I DO like about it is that the lawyers are able to follow up on the questions from the jury ... so (in a way) there is more "direct examination" and "cross examination". I think it's a good system (jury questions), but I'm thinking it should maybe be a one-step system ... and maybe not adding more questions after the original questions. I have to think on it some more ... I guess generally speaking, I like the idea ... Have I confused you ... cuz I've confused myself :waitasec:

I feel exactly the same way. Will this trial ever end? What I do like though is the jury can ask her just about anything, where JM's hands are kind of tied (no pun intended)
They HAVE to be sick of listening to her never ending answers after 17 days plus she is a pathalogical liar, why in the world would they want to ask her anything? I just don't get it :confused: And I keep thinking with them asking her questions, and with her answering them~ Could they possibly being unintentionally forming some kind of bond that will make it harder for them to give her the DP? Just thoughts ~
Please feel free anyone to help me de-edify my thoughts :giggle:

OOPS! My explanation of Occam's Razor was overly redundant--sorry--just saw the answers/responses clearing this up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine