2011.02.21: Elisa Baker indicted for 2nd degree murder!!

Absolutely.

I'm coming to the conclusion that Adam Baker confessed very early in the investigation and the deal he has is that he co-operates with the police, then after EB is convicted he will be charged with and plead guilty to an agreed upon list of crimes he did do (chopping up a body and hiding a murder? child neglect? cheque frauds?) and in return he gets to go free until his trial and be transferred straight back to serve his time in an Australian prison and not be in an American prison for more than a month or two.

At this stage it just seems to be the explanation that is most consistent with him still being free while Elisa has been charged. If you turn your attention away from his every twitch or grimace, and to the deal that must have been cut, I think it all becomes clear. Especially since he's centering all his public relations effort around appealing to Australians rather than Americans.

It's an interesting theory to contemplate, however I can't see how the LE would possibly allow him to roam free (admittedly without a passport) if they had any indication that he was in some way involved (especially if he had confessed). Add to this that he is apparently an illegal resident. And also, that they have kept EB in jail all this time. It just seems too inconsistent to me.

I can assure you that if he's found guilty of anything such as dismemberment or disposal, after that 60 Minutes interview, that there is not a single Australian that will let it pass. Any dreams of a homecoming to live out his days would be lost. His time in jail would have to be in isolation as such crimes against children are not tolerated (no doubt it is the same in the USA jail system).

And I want to add that I think KB would have his bits!

slightly OT but as to the timing of these charges and that interview. I wonder if the interview was granted in an effort to curry public support for AB for his future planned return to Aus. He certainly is not finding much in teh way of public favor or support over here.

So no cancer was evident, according to the autopsy. And they never found her amputated leg, so there is no evidence that might have pointed to infection.

Looks like if she tries to say Zahra died of natural causes, she did away with any proof of that. Not that I believed it for a second, anyway.

But it's good to know there are enough remains to put the bone cancer theory to rest.

Combined with what they probably found at that home? She's lost the case already!

I have no doubt Adam's charges are waiting on something... on EB's trial, probably. I bet she gives up a lot of info on him as time goes on and deals look more scarce.

one problem might be her habitual lying

add in that his cell phone does not ping at the dump sites when she says he did it

So no cancer was evident, according to the autopsy. And they never found her amputated leg, so there is no evidence that might have pointed to infection.

Looks like if she tries to say Zahra died of natural causes, she did away with any proof of that. Not that I believed it for a second, anyway.

But it's good to know there are enough remains to put the bone cancer theory to rest.

Combined with what they probably found at that home? She's lost the case already!

I have no doubt Adam's charges are waiting on something... on EB's trial, probably. I bet she gives up a lot of info on him as time goes on and deals look more scarce.

There is no need to wait on any charges.

I don't think there will be any charges forthcoming when it comes to Adam Baker. They long ago could have charged him with child neglect just like they were throwing any charge they could think of against EB.

I also don't believe LE would believe EB if they saw her tongue being notarized themselves.

They kept her talking by telling her they wouldn't go for the death penalty and she kept talking until it is going to put her right in prison. Imo, the evidence and EBs 'story' does not line up with the evidence and I think LE has known it for some time now. They gave her enough rope and she took it .....stupidly thinking she could weasel out of this by telling a pack of lies.

IMO

True that they couldn't just believe her. No, that's crazy. I'm thinking she probably knows of evidence that could sink him but it would sink her, too. If she's already sunk, she has no reason to keep it to herself anymore.

Unfortunately, she might be stubborn enough to keep secrets through appeals. I hope she isn't that stupid. That's not going to get her off. She really may as well spill it all now.

ETA: The case against Adam could wait on more evidence for sure, imho. Sometimes the best cases are years later. If there isn't much evidence, they'd better watch for double jeopardy.

I do think he should be charged on evidence of neglect, etc. now.

True that they couldn't just believe her. No, that's crazy. I'm thinking she probably knows of evidence that could sink him but it would sink her, too. If she's already sunk, she has no reason to keep it to herself anymore.

Unfortunately, she might be stubborn enough to keep secrets through appeals. I hope she isn't that stupid. That's not going to get her off. She really may as well spill it all now.

ETA: The case against Adam could wait on more evidence for sure, imho. Sometimes the best cases are years later. If there isn't much evidence, they'd better watch for double jeopardy.

I suspect she'll sing as loud as she can to get all the attention possible. It's not like any new info is going to change her predicament is it? She'll want her 15 minutes (or hours in this case).

Someone may have already said this, if so forgive me. Is it possible, if they give her the max on this deal, 32 yrs, could they then charge her with other charges, child abuse, imprisonment, impeding and investigation, who knows what else, and add more years for her?

I am glad someone is finally charged, I dont beleive she did the coverup alone. My theory is that she hit her too hard or killed her in a rage but that someone helped with the dismemberment and cover up. Who I do not know and I am hoping that the truth of what happened and by whom will now start coming out....

Someone may have already said this, if so forgive me. Is it possible, if they give her the max on this deal, 32 yrs, could they then charge her with other charges, child abuse, imprisonment, impeding and investigation, who knows what else, and add more years for her?

Yes. They've already charged her with obstruction and bigamy but there's more they can tack on. Will they is the question.

I hope they keep tacking til they run out of tacks. moo.

Wow...What a Day....Good things come in Threes

Headline News announcing that Elisa "Baker" is charged with the murder of sad little Zahra......Justice is being Served! Praise the Lord

Gary Michael Hilton was given the verdict of "The Death Penalty" for murdering my friend Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. Been watching the week and a half, live stream and attended one day of the trial in Tallahassee. Praise the Lord...Justice has been Served!

Elijah James in being charged in the death of a very sweet Tallahassee girl, Danielle Brown...I taught her in elementary school...she was such am adorable girl. Her body has not been located. Her family is heartbroken. Please send a special prayer for them.

Rest In Peace...Zahra Baker, Cheryl Dunlap & Danielle Brown...True Angels of God!

Dear God...Please bless these girls families and friends...Life has given them a horrible burden...The loss of their daughter, child, sister or friend.

lovingly....mustangsal

NC now has a program called "structured sentencing" that has no deviation allowed for sentencing and parole times. Here is a link to the actual way they will determine the sentence. If she is found guilty of aggravated 2nd degree murder, she will serve a sentence that will be given based entirely on her prior criminal record. Depending on how many points she receives on their points system her sentence is already predetermined.

Aggravated 2nd degree murder sentences are as follows:

Level I 20-25 years
Level II 24-30 years
Level III 28-35 years
Level IV 32-40 years
Level V Life without parole
Level VI Life without parole

If I'm reading this correctly, it is now required in NC that you serve 100% of the minimum sentence issued. If that is true and she is found guilty of aggravated second degree she will face at a minimum 20 years without parole to a maximum of Life without parole. I doubt very seriously that she has enough prior charges to bring her up to a level V for sentencing. I think best case scenario that we could hope for is probably 28 years, but I don't know how they come up with those points for the levels.....maybe not even that much. Hopefully she will serve all of her prison sentences consecutively instead of concurrently (for her pending charges).....if we could get that lucky.

http://www.nccourts.org/Courts/CRS/Councils/spac/Documents/citizenguide2008.pdf

I can only say that I'm extremely happy that EB has been charged with Zahra's murder. :clap: :clap: :clap: I was shocked and saddened when I read that Zahra's skull (and other body parts) have not been located. :maddening: I just can't believe that someone could do that to a child, or anyone for that matter. Why hasn't EB told LE where the rest of Zahra's remains are? :banghead: IMO EB did not dismember and dispose of Zahra's remains on her own and I feel there will be further arrests in the not too distant future.

Here's what I'm thinking about Adam not being charged, and with EB's charge today. I'm wondering if there were to charge Adam if that would give EB's lawyer reasonable doubt for her trial. All he would have to say is look, someone else is facing charge as an accessory, but how do we know who really did this crime? I think NC does not want to give EB's lawyer any reasonable doubt to possibly get an acquittal or a reduced sentence, God forbid. I think they're going to wait until after EB's trial to charge AB with anything. He's got those check charges coming anyway, so I'm thinking he'll be in jail at EB's trial time, and that's good enough for LE and the DA. Sure, EB's going to be yelling in his direction, but without any charges and with LE saying there is no evidence to indicate AB was involved with her murder, EB won't have any ground to stand on, and certainly no reasonable doubt at her trial.

It's kind of like the Casey Anthony case. We've all been so angry that her parents and brother haven't been charged with obstruction of justice or accessories after the fact. But doing so would actually give Casey reasonable doubt in her trial, and that would be horrible. With the state treating her parents and brother like victims, it takes away any chance of Casey blaming the whole thing on them.

It's better to wait until after both trials to charge anyone else in either cases as accessories than to do it now and risk either of these defendants getting reduced sentences or God forbid, an acquittal. It's just more advantageous to justice to wait until after both trials to do so. We hate to wait, but it's what we're going to have to do see true justice for Caylee and for Zahra! I really don't believe AB will get away scot free from this.

Wow...What a Day....Good things come in Threes

Headline News announcing that Elisa "Baker" is charged with the murder of sad little Zahra......Justice is being Served! Praise the Lord

Gary Michael Hilton was given the verdict of "The Death Penalty" for murdering my friend Cheryl Hodges Dunlap. Been watching the week and a half, live stream and attended one day of the trial in Tallahassee. Praise the Lord...Justice has been Served!

Elijah James in being charged in the death of a very sweet Tallahassee girl, Danielle Brown...I taught her in elementary school...she was such am adorable girl. Her body has not been located. Her family is heartbroken. Please send a special prayer for them.

Rest In Peace...Zahra Baker, Cheryl Dunlap & Danielle Brown...True Angels of God!

Dear God...Please bless these girls families and friends...Life has given them a horrible burden...The loss of their daughter, child, sister or friend.

lovingly....mustangsal
Amen!!

I don't like to hear her called stepmother either. She gives all stepmothers a bad rap.

It seems all of EBs life she has never cared one whit about others..not even her own children whom she also abused. She abused and destroyed lives of children and adults like it was her favorite pastime and I truly think it was. This is who EB is imo. She is a full blown pyschopath who has no feelings for others. She and only she counts in her life. So imo, if she knew anything at all that she could back up with actual evidence she would rollover on AB in a NY minute. He nor Zahra meant anything to her............just pawns she used to satisfy her wicked and evil ways. She is a depraved sadist, imo.

She is not going to get off because SHE is the one that murdered Zahra and SHE is the one that dismembered her little body and scattered her remains any and everywhere.

I am not taking up for AB but I see him as coming for the backwoods of Austraila and he knew nothing about women like EB. I think he did as he was told to do most of his life. A weak man probably with a controlling mother who told him what to do and when to do it...........which made him fall into EBs trap (another extremely controlling woman). In no way do I see him a take charge kind of man.

Imo, he was raised to think that the woman raised the children and the man was supposed to work hard and provide.

So he was a perfect target for EB, imo and she took full advantage of it.

The most interesting part of the EB indictment is where it mentions Zahra was 'secreted' away from her family and friends. When I saw that I couldnt help but think about the Tiffany Brown murder case where the murderer 'secreted' Tiff away from her mother in her own home and the perp stayed there for 5 days and 5 nights knowing all along Tiff was in that house and dead by his hands.:banghead:

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back