Caylee opening the sliding glass door photo

Caylee appears much younger in the nursing home video than in pictures taken of her earlier in the year... like she grew younger instead of older.

it's hinky to me... she seems much taller (older) in many other pictures, but the video was of her the day before she died...

moo

eta: in other words I think there was doctoring of photos. yes I do.

Thank You, I thought I was losing my mind, lol. I've seen that video a million times and knew it was the last video but never noticed how much younger she looked.

Transcript from here beginning about 20:17:

JB: (hands CA a photo) Can you tell the ladies and gentlemen of the jury what that photograph depicts?
CA: It's a picture of Caylee at the sliding glass door, um, from the living room going into our, um, screened patio. (pulls on her left ear)
JB: Now, um, does Caylee appear to be much bigger in that photograph?

CA: Yes.
JB: And is that a fair and accurate representation of what that photograph depicts?
JB: Your Honor... (stops) uh, can you tell us the numbers on the back?
CA: (puts on reading glasses) EB
JB: Your Honor at this time we would move to enter defense exhibit EB into evidence.
JP: What says the State?
LDB: (inaudible, assuming she is objecting)
JP: Objection will be overruled, it will be received in evidence as defense exhibit numbered...
Unknown Clerk: Number 55.
JB: Your Honor we would like to publish this photograph to the jury.
JP: You may.
JB: Prior to the last time you saw Caylee was she about this height? Or was she bigger? Or, can you describe her size?
CA: Um, she may have been an inch taller, it's hard to... (shuffles around in her seat) ...just trying to figure out where that door would hit me... She might have been a little bit taller, but she was also wearing tennis shoes in that picture, so it might have been the accurate height if she was in her bare feet versus those tennis shoes.
JB: And, did Caylee ever leave the house barefoot?
CA: You mean to go out in the backyard?
JB: No, no, I mean to leave the house, to go to the store or things like that.
CA: Um, no, I mean I'm 99 point sure that we put shoes on her every time we went out. She liked to wear shoes, actually.
JB: And it was your...was it your custom to always put shoes on her?
JB: Was it Casey's custom to always put shoes on her as well?
(inaudible objection)
JP: Sustained as to the last question.
JB: And the, sliding glass door that you have here, there, I know some of them have bars which preclude them being opened, you don't have one of those on this door, do you?
CA: No, we didn't put one in.
JB: Now, could Caylee open doors fairly easily at her age?
CA: Um, yes she could.
JB: Can I unpublish?
JP: You may.

End of transcription.

As a side note, I would bet that if LDB had asked her that last question about whether Caylee could open doors easily at her age, CA would have wanted clarification about what kind of doors and what age she meant and what did she mean by "open". Interesting to me that she was totally ok being completely vague with JB.

Bigger than What? At the time of listening to this I thought it was a little odd too. But then again, I always felt JB has a difficult time expressing himself, or questioning. So... if you guys will do this with me. REad the Bolded in this transcript and then read on again. Doesn't it make you think, bigger than what?

Could be I'm just reading too much into this. I've been at the computer for a few hours reading the sidebar trying to figure out what happened today. But this bigger than what might be what some think is the big wow for today.

Also what that picture depicts.......

Have not read all the posts...so pardon any repeat.

I believe this is Caylee. The handles on sliding glass doors are usually waist high to an average woman. Look also at the light switch on the right top of the photo, typical light switches are installed 42" to 45" from the floor.

Do not know if the shoes are hers, but this is definitely IMO a toddler.

Quoting my own post to add;

check the height of the electrical socket (where you would plug items in) and then check the scale of Caylee in that proportion... it fits.

VERY odd, possibly TELLING photo for ICA to take IMO... Caylee attempting to open the door, to the pool area...nice photo to show pre meditation?

Thank You, I thought I was losing my mind, lol. I've seen that video a million times and knew it was the last video but never noticed how much younger she looked.

:gthanks:
it has bothered me a LONG time... but I didn't think anyone else saw it...

I think the nursing home video was definitely from 15 june 08. I think her hair being up makes her look younger. This nursing home employee describes the clothing Caylee was wearing that day and that Caylee had that book there that day. Here is the interview with the employee.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FehR17puDlw"]YouTube - ‪Karen Angel, Nursing Home Employee Interview - Casey / Caylee Anthony Homicide Case‬‏[/ame]

Bigger than What? At the time of listening to this I thought it was a little odd too. But then again, I always felt JB has a difficult time expressing himself, or questioning. So... if you guys will do this with me. REad the Bolded in this transcript and then read on again. Doesn't it make you think, bigger than what?

Could be I'm just reading too much into this. I've been at the computer for a few hours reading the sidebar trying to figure out what happened today. But this bigger than what might be what some think is the big wow for today.

I have been wondering if the early recess today was because of this photo. Where can I read the sidebar?

I have been wondering if the early recess today was because of this photo. Where can I read the sidebar?

Sorry, I was in too big of a hurry to post. The sidebar thread here where everyone discusses the trial today.:seeya:

what I noticed, beyond the stretching of the limbs and the dress:

R arm is pinkish, L arm is beige

R arm outlined in black, all the way around from beginning to end

R side of R leg outlined in black

R arm from shoulder/armpit to elbow much shorter than L arm.
R arm from elbow to wrist is much shorter than L arm

more often than not, the length of a person's foot matches the length of their lower arm. that L arm is way out of proportion to the rest of her body

those shoes w/ that dress don't seem like the obvious choice, because it's not a perfect look. maybe Caylee chose the shoes

If SA is questioning this picture I would think LE would have to get a search warrant to see the difference between that cabinet and the how it shows up in that picture. Would this be considered tampering with evidence or obstruction? jmo

I think it is Caylee but I find this photo to be odd. What would be the reason for taking a photo of this? Maybe it was the *first time* she opened the door so they photographed it because they are the type who photograph first times for everything? IDK.

Usually these types of doors are difficult to get started but once started they slide open fairly easily. From the photo there is no way to tell if the door was fully closed to start with. I would need to see a video of her opening the door from a fully closed position before I could be certain she could open the door. The photo could just as likely be of Caylee closing the door.

Even if Caylee could open the door, I do not see how that lead to her lifeless body being tossed in the woods, triple bagged and with duct tape on her face. She didn't do that to herself even if she had the strength to open and close that door.

I think he's asking if she looks bigger in this picture than in the last photo he had just shown to Cindy where she and Caylee are in the pool.

Bigger than What?

(respectfully snipped)

This came just after JB entered the four or five pictures of Caylee and CA climbing the ladder, which CA claimed were from 2007. He is simply asking if this one is when she is bigger than the previous pictures. I don't think that part is odd when you put it in context.

I have a comment about this picture:
attachment.php

I was listening to CA's FBI interview today (because I was having trial withdrawals I guess :crazy: ) and she said ICA was almost maybe 5'1''. I think Caylee looks tall in this picture because ICA is so short.

I think it is Caylee but I find this photo to be odd. What would be the reason for taking a photo of this? Maybe it was the *first time* she opened the door so they photographed it because they are the type who photograph first times for everything? IDK.

Usually these types of doors are difficult to get started but once started they slide open fairly easily. From the photo there is no way to tell if the door was fully closed to start with. I would need to see a video of her opening the door from a fully closed position before I could be certain she could open the door. The photo could just as likely be of Caylee closing the door.

Even if Caylee could open the door, I do not see how that lead to her lifeless body being tossed in the woods, triple bagged and with duct tape on her face. She didn't do that to herself even if she had the strength to open and close that door.

BBM.....
and I'm positive the Jury will see it the same way.

(respectfully snipped)

This came just after JB entered the four or five pictures of Caylee and CA climbing the ladder, which CA claimed were from 2007. He is simply asking if this one is when she is bigger than the previous pictures. I don't think that part is odd when you put it in context.

I have a comment about this picture:
attachment.php

I was listening to CA's FBI interview today (because I was having trial withdrawals I guess :crazy: ) and she said ICA was almost maybe 5'1''. I think Caylee looks tall in this picture because ICA is so short.

OT but this picture made me wonder why we didn't see any photos of KC w/Caylee in the pool? I've seen many many photos of KC and Caylee together and not one of the 2 of them together actually in the pool only Cindy and Caylee.

The left arm in the picture looks like it was photoshopped. If you look closely, you can see that the elbow area looks choppy.

I haven't made it thru this entire thread yet, so I may be posting prematurely. Sorry, if I am.

There are several things that bother me about this photo that I noticed immediately when it was shown to the jury. I did not hone in on the arm position, but her hair color. It seems darker than Caylee's brown hair. It could be the lighting in the photo, but it seems off to me. The other thing was my own cynicism and suspicion of all things Cindy. How very convenient to happen to have a photo of Caylee opening the sliding glass door that the DT is claiming she opened before getting out of the house and drowning in the pool. (BTW, we have a door similar to that and it took my 7 yr old some getting used to; it is a heavy door to slide open) Perhaps taking photos of children opening doors is not unusual, but it doesn't seem like the type of photo the Anthonys took of Caylee. Most of her photos are close-ups, and you can see those beautiful, big eyes of hers. (I'd take close ups of her too.) I don't know, maybe they took a photo like this, but something about it doesn't sit right with me. The other thing I noticed right away (b/c of professional tile experience) is that the tile in the photo abuts the carpet in an odd way. In my home we have some carpet that meets tile floors. There is a height difference, although not significant. The carpet pile makes it slightly higher than the tile floors. In the photo, notice that the tile almost looks like it is sitting on top of the carpet, or higher. The carpet may be a very low pile berber, but still.... it doesn't look right to me. And usually when the two flooring surfaces meet, there is a more demarcated appearance or at least, a "cleaner" appearance where those two meet. Either the As had a shoddy tile install, or something is off here. The other thing is the right arm does not look like it belongs on the same body w/ the left arm. Could be lighting I suppose, but it looks like the skin tone is darker on the right arm. I also just noticed that on the left arm that below the elbow, on the forearm, is an area that looks like (for lack of a better description) something is attached, almost like if you put a sweat band on someone's upper arm and it was very faded and blurred in a photo. (If that makes any sense. LOL)

Maybe I am being too suspicious. It is so hard to be objective w/ anything the DT presents, especially after Cindy's performance this week.

caylee-1.jpg

OK, this is what I'm referring to in my recent post. In the image above, notice what is separating the tile from the berber carpet? It's what we call a "reducer", and it is installed between wood and tile, and in some installations, between carpet and tile, etc. In the photo of her at the sliding door, I don't see any sort of reducer between the tile and the carpet. Instead it looks as if the tile is almost sitting on top of the carpet. Something still does not seem right to me w/ this photo. But, I could be suffering from Acute Anthonyitis.

I think it is caylee, but many do not.
Discuss. :)
4111.jpg

I haven't read the thread yet, so I'm giving my opinions, no one influenced me.

When I saw the photo being shown in court yesterday, I thought, wow, she looks tall.

Now, after taking my trusty measuring device to my glass door and measuring how far from the floor the lock is (40 inches), the handle extends down about an inch lower, and after considering how long babies normally measure at birth, and considering how much they grow in their first years, yes, I believe it's Caylee in the pic. At about 2 2/3 years old, she could well have been about 3 feet tall when the pick was taken. Her arms could surely stretch about 3 or so inches to reach the door handle.

Also, I have pictures of my own kiddies, plus nieces and nephews, standing near our door around that age, and their heads come just under the door handle.

So, yes, I see no reason to believe it's not Caylee in the picture. Plus there's the fact that we never see pictures of any other children in the Anthonys' house......

The left arm in the picture looks like it was photoshopped. If you look closely, you can see that the elbow area looks choppy.

Look closer, there are "choppy" pieces throughout the photo. I believe it's because it was photo captured from a video. If you're talking about the pic of the child by the glass door, that is.

If this has already all been said, forgive me, but here goes.

1. The photo looks hinky to me. The arm is "off" in appearance, IMHO.

2. Ain't it convenient how many things the A's have pics of?! First we have Caylee going up the pool ladder, now one of her opening the door. What's next? A photo of Caylee wrapping herself in duct tape?

Or a picture of her holding a roll of Henkel duct tape.

OMG!

I can't believe what's going on in this trial.

MOO

Mel

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member