GA - Carlene Rigby, 4, strangled, March 2015

I wonder what evidence led them to call this homicide and not an accident?
Since kids getting tangled in the cords from blinds has happened so much... :dunno:

Woah.... she died on her dead brother's birthday
(he died when he was 5.)
That's a hell of a coincidence. :thud:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/macon/obituary.aspx?pid=174466907

Carly was preceded in death by her brother, Glenn (3/22/00 - 11/2/05)

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2015/05/22/macon-child-death-ruled-homicide/27798803/

The child's mother, Jody Rigby, lost a 5-year-old son to a car accident in Coweta County in 2005.

After the death of the boy, Glenn Milton Price, Rigby became a member of the Heart of Georgia Chapter of the Bereaved Parents of the USA. The group's website lists her as a contact person.

Price would have turned 15 on the same day Carlene Rigby was found dead.

The media informed the mother that her daughter's death was ruled a homicide....
That doesn't look good for the communication between LE and the family...

Carly is the 3rd of the 4 living children... two older brothers and one younger sister.
I am not getting a murder by the parents vibe here.
I do wonder if it may have been a game gone wrong with older brothers or something.
An accident but with help from someone else?

I guess I don't understand because this is something that often happens accidentally.
Has there every been a window blind cord death that was ruled a homicide? :dunno:

Maybe it looks like she was strangled with something else and then set up as an accident?

I refuse to have window blinds with cords in my house. I can remember as a child I wrapped one around my neck and I have never forgotten that feeling it gave. I wonder what evidence they have on this... Strange coincidence over the brother who passed.

My initial impression of reading the article I linked in the first post, was that the blinds cord was not attached to the blinds any more. I don't know why I thought that. Otherwise yes, could it have been a tragic accident. And the police are not putting much extra info out there which makes me think they are working on family or close friends, neighbors to get what they need for an arrest. JMO

I just don't get the impression that the mother did this. I could be wrong.
When you have lost one child I find it hard to believe you'd kill another.
I believe that the brother had a different father though, which might be tough for her husband to deal with.
I don't know... it's weird. I'm interested to see the evidence. :twocents:

I just don't get the impression that the mother did this. I could be wrong.
When you have lost one child I find it hard to believe you'd kill another.
I believe that the brother had a different father though, which might be tough for her husband to deal with.
I don't know... it's weird. I'm interested to see the evidence. :twocents:

From your earlier link:

Investigators have submitted their findings to the District Attorney's Office "to bring a resolution to this case," a sheriff's office news release states.

Something caused Carlene's death to be ruled a homicide. Perhaps the ME found other trauma on her her body or evidence of older injuries.

I think this earlier article from March 31 may hold some clues as to what direction LE was headed. From Bibb County Sheriff David Davis:

Obviously in a situation like this where you a child dies, you know the parents obviously would come under scrutiny, anyone that was in the house is someone that you would look at. But to say that any person now is a suspect or that we have information that would lead us in the direction of any one person or anything is very premature at this point."

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/macon/2015/03/31/sheriff-speaks-on-death-of-girl/70738276/

Given that it was Carlene's father who found her hanging and the only people in the house were family members, there's really only one way to connect the dots. So I guess it comes down to what you said - what evidence does LE have.

I really wonder what evidence police have that makes them think this was a homocide and not an accident. A few years ago, a young child hung himself in the blind cord of the blinds over his bed in the pediatric ward of a local hospital. Of all places you would expect to be safe and not have loose cords hanging around would be a hospital pediatric ward. Yet a child strangled there in the blind cord. It has happened in many homes and parents are warned to never have loose cords hanging from blinds. I wonder how the police know it wasn't just a tragic accident. It seems like it would be awful losing 2 children in the same family at 2 different times.

In one of the articles, it says that police were puzzled by how the cord was tied around Carlene's neck. That tells me that her father did not untie Carlene when he found her. Wouldn't that be your first instinct if you found your child like that? You would want to take the cord off their neck...see if they are breathing...try CPR...anything. It just seems a little off that dad saw his little girl with a cord around her neck, called 911, and then just waited for the cops to get there...while his daughter still has a cord wrapped around her neck. It just seems to against any sort of fatherly instinct.

The cord from window blinds was wrapped around her neck in a way that puzzled investigators.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/22/3759942_macon-girls-death-ruled-a-homicide.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Maybe they seem like a ~nice family but so did the Harrises, and we know Justin and possibly his wife premediated the awful murder of their little son. The comments are almost deja-vu from when JRH was first arrested.

I don't get a "mom did this" vibe.
I don't have the same opinion of the father.
I am 100% sure he was aware this day was her dead brother's birthday.
They obviously still included the dead brother in the family.
Like I said, that might be tough for a man who was not his father. :twocents:

In one of the articles, it says that police were puzzled by how the cord was tied around Carlene's neck. That tells me that her father did not untie Carlene when he found her. Wouldn't that be your first instinct if you found your child like that? You would want to take the cord off their neck...see if they are breathing...try CPR...anything. It just seems a little off that dad saw his little girl with a cord around her neck, called 911, and then just waited for the cops to get there...while his daughter still has a cord wrapped around her neck. It just seems to against any sort of fatherly instinct.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/22/3759942_macon-girls-death-ruled-a-homicide.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Maybe they seem like a ~nice family but so did the Harrises, and we know Justin and possibly his wife premediated the awful murder of their little son. The comments are almost deja-vu from when JRH was first arrested.

That's what made me think the cord was no longer attached to the blinds!! "The cord FROM the blinds." Not the window blinds cord or a cord on the window blind. A cord FROM the blinds.

No new info out there that I could find. Bumping for Carlene. May she RIP.

http://www.macon.com/2015/06/30/3822893/cops-probing-macon-girls-death.html

Investigation still ongoing. Kids still removed from their custody. Praying for some resolution.

Carlene Rigby's father found her hanging in her room back in March with a window blind cord wrapped around her neck.

According to Lieutenant Randy Gonzalez, investigators got a search warrant to go in the Rigby house. Tuesday afternoon, Bibb officers were looking for something inside, but Lt. Gonzalez could not elaborate on what they were looking for.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...e-rigby-bibb-investigators-homicide/29543327/

And from your link:

A source familiar with the investigation has told the Telegraph that her parents are considered “persons of interest” in the probe, but no arrests have been made.

http://www.macon.com/2015/06/30/3822893_cops-probing-macon-girls-death.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

The article seems to have been updated and the reference to removing the kids is gone. I can't imagine how the cord's position would indicate a homicide. :(

I'm a cynical person but this case leaves me with some doubts. I hope LE's investigation leads to clear answers.

I can only say that I wrote what I did because I know it to be true even if it's not written in the article. It's a small community.

The investigators stated that the cord was wrapped around her neck in a way that puzzled/perplexed them. I can't remember the exact wording in the original article. A trusted friend of mine has said that a sheriff told her "there's no way this was an accident."

After a lull in news, it sounds like things are cranking up again. I hope they are close to resolving this. It's put a black cloud over our town for long enough.

Carlene “Carly” Jane Rigby’s March 22 death was declared a homicide in May. Officials have said she died by asphyxia by strangulation, that her death was not an accident.

A source familiar with the investigation has told the Telegraph that her parents are considered “persons of interest” in the probe, but no arrests have been made.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/06/30/3822893_cops-probing-macon-girls-death.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

I am reading between the lines and it is saying "We have a strong suspicion someone in the house killed Carlene, but not enough to arrest them".

Carly's death was ruled a homicide. LE is saying she was strangled. Not an accident. The parents are POIs. There is no search for some phantom intruder.

LE needs to start putting more pressure on them through the media.

There is a great deal of mention that this little girl looked and acted like her older (deceased) brother.
I think that might have been rather hard for her Dad (who was not his father) or other brothers.
Maybe it's because I have friends who've lost children... and have struggled with the same issues Carly had with my own daughter.

It's totally possible I am not being impartial but I just don't think this mother did this.
If the mother did this I will lose the last shred of faith I have in humanity. :twocents:

I hope it wasn't her parents. Whoever it was, I know that the DA is a fierce advocate for children. His background is in special victims prosecution and he will certainly see that justice is done for sweet Carly. Until we know something more I continue to pray for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back