Report: Elmo Doll Threatens To Kill Toddler

White Rain

Reaction score
This is something I'd have to hear to believe.

It sounds like something the talking doll Chucky from the movies might say: "Kill James!" Instead, a Florida family says the threat to their toddler is coming from a talking Elmo doll.
The Bowman family, of Lithia, Fla., said an Elmo doll belonging to their 2-year-old son, James, began to spout death threats towards him after they changed its batteries, TBO.com reports.
The Elmo Knows Your Name Doll started saying "Kill James!" in a sing-song voice, the site reports.
"It's not something that really you would think would ever come out of a toy," James' mother, Melissa, told the site. "But once I heard, I was just kind of distraught."
The toy's manufacturer, Fisher-Price, said it will issue the Bowmans a voucher for a replacement doll, TBO.com reports.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331991,00.html

Yeah, I'd need to hear this. I wonder if it's supposed to be saying something else and it sounds like that, or if it's just wearing down or something...

Holy smokes it is! BUT...
didn't the video say something about the doll can be hooked to a coomputer and programmed to say certain things?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............:waitasec:

Holy smokes it is! BUT...
didn't the video say something about the doll can be hooked to a coomputer and programmed to say certain things?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............:waitasec:

Yes it did. I wonder if someone in the household or someone visiting programmed the doll to say this.

Yes it did. I wonder if someone in the household or someone visiting programmed the doll to say this.

I would think it would have to be done at the factory if it uses the same voice as the other things it says.

Awww...Elmo is so sweet. I'm going to guess there's a twelve-year-old hacker playing tricks on baby brother.:rolleyes:

Now if it was Barney...well, that'd be pretty scary!

Wow, that sure sounds like "Kill James." Weird!

:eek: :eek: :eek: That is freaky, but I think someone programmed the doll to say that.

Either somone programmed the doll or Elmo is posessed by an evil spirit, the reincarnated/living spirit of a demonic killer...

Oh wait, that's Chuckie, isn't it?

I think we should avoid all dolls and toys that end in vowels. Chuck EEEE...ElmOOOOO....

Totally O/T, but I really liked the news anchorwoman's hair cut.

You almost wonder if it was the parents....for the attention and possible $$$.

You know i wondered the same thing, since it does have to be programmed.. it would probably pick up alot of $$ on Ebay after the publicity.

They should have bought a Furby instead haha :crazy:

if it were my toddler he wouldn't want another one like it near him, even if it didn't say it again - he'd remember and he is only 20 months old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back