NJ - Sean Goldman: Abducted and living in Brazil UPDATE: Coming Home

It was a heartbreaking case and started when the mother returned home to Brazil and denied David access to his son. That was then and this is now. I feel for everyone, but I am elated David will get to bring his son home. For me, the problem of expecting Sean to express his wishes to where he lived was that is was never a level playing field. The Brazilian family controlled everything. Sean had not been back to the United States in years. How could he truthfully know how he felt about living in a place and with a family he had not seen in such a long time.

I hope David does not let this bitter battle keep him from being generous with the Sean[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'s[/FONT] Brazilian family. They obviously love him and need to be a part of his life. If everyone will do the right thing, this boy will do fine.

It will be a sadder Christmas for those left behind but what a celebration they will have in New Jersey. God bless them all.

Great post - and I hope that his Dad will let SEan see his Brazilian family a lot. But I have heard so many people accuse that family of terrible things - there may be some people who do not want Sean to have contact with them....

I hope they are on the first plane home......

and allow the grandparents to visit anytime they wish.
Why? Because they allowed the Dad to visit anytime he wanted? This was HIS CHILD that they kept from him. if it was MY child sure I'd allow a Visit IN MY HOME with ME watching on MY terms.

Has Sean been turned over to his father? When does that happen? I can't be elated until I know this child has been turned over to his father, even if they haven't yet set foot on US soil.

Why? Because they allowed the Dad to visit anytime he wanted? This was HIS CHILD that they kept from him. if it was MY child sure I'd allow a Visit IN MY HOME with ME watching on MY terms.

YES, everything on the DAD'S terms.....but do not make the boy suffer it is not his fought. They need to forgive and move on....The Dad needs to think of this as a Christmas Miracle.

YES, everything on the DAD'S terms.....but do not make the boy suffer it is not his fought. They need to forgive and move on....The Dad needs to think of this as a Christmas Miracle.
they would not of needed a Christmas miracle if the mother and her family would not of tried to play God in the first place. No I am sorry I'd have a hard time if someone kidnapped my children and had my child for the last 5 years.

When you make a child it takes TWO. ( well unless you get it done medically)

Takes a man and a Woman. A MAN AND a WOMAN. Not just a woman not just a man. But both. The mom is no more important then a dad is in a child's life. They are both Equally important and BOTH has rights to their children but yet this man has been denied that all these years.

I am a Mom a mommy a mother but yet I know 100% that I am no more important then my husband . we are both important to our children and it takes both us to raise them. Unless a parent is abusive( mom or dad and yes moms abuse also) then they have every right to be around their child to see their child and if one parents god forbid passes away then they should right away get custody.

So many times moms think they deserve the child over the dad and that what they say goes and what the dad says don't matter. Really makes me sad.

Chesterp you must have a heart of gold.

I would not let them near my son once he is back on American soil. They have been totally disgusting.

Snipped from:
Brazil's top judge orders U.S. boy returned to his father

Chief Justice Gilmar Mendes lifted a stay on a lower court order last week that Sean be returned to his father, who lives in Tinton Falls, N.J.

The boy's Brazilian grandparents and step-father might possibly appeal, but lawyers said their chances of success appear slight, the Associated Press said.

I hope and pray the Brazilian family does not appeal! I also hope they don't attempt to hide Sean or keep Sean from his father any longer. Like others, I'll be ecstatic once they are on a plane homeward bound!

Snipped from:
Brazil's top judge orders U.S. boy returned to his father

Chief Justice Gilmar Mendes lifted a stay on a lower court order last week that Sean be returned to his father, who lives in Tinton Falls, N.J.

The boy's Brazilian grandparents and step-father might possibly appeal, but lawyers said their chances of success appear slight, the Associated Press said.

I hope and pray the Brazilian family does not appeal! I also hope they don't attempt to hide Sean or keep Sean from his father any longer. Like others, I'll be ecstatic once they are on a plane homeward bound!

I hope they don't appeal either Liz, because all they would be doing is delaying this further and causing further harm to this child. They've cause him enough trouble..... If they love him, truely love him, they will OBEY THE LAW and not tie up the court systems further.

They can not change the law..... he was not only removed from the US illegally and hidden in the first place, IF the Hague laws are similiar with a remaining parent, a bio parent has first rights when either parent dies.

I agree with with the posters who have stated the paternal family can visit IN THE US and under Davids terms. There is a reason courts in the US order supervised visitation and there is a reason little Elian Gonzalez was sent home to his family in Cuba so many years ago.

My prayers are with you David and Sean!

they would not of needed a Christmas miracle if the mother and her family would not of tried to play God in the first place. No I am sorry I'd have a hard time if someone kidnapped my children and had my child for the last 5 years.

When you make a child it takes TWO. ( well unless you get it done medically)

Takes a man and a Woman. A MAN AND a WOMAN. Not just a woman not just a man. But both. The mom is no more important then a dad is in a child's life. They are both Equally important and BOTH has rights to their children but yet this man has been denied that all these years.

I am a Mom a mommy a mother but yet I know 100% that I am no more important then my husband . we are both important to our children and it takes both us to raise them. Unless a parent is abusive( mom or dad and yes moms abuse also) then they have every right to be around their child to see their child and if one parents god forbid passes away then they should right away get custody.

So many times moms think they deserve the child over the dad and that what they say goes and what the dad says don't matter. Really makes me sad.

The past is not going to change a thing.....being resentful is not going to bring back the lost time together.

I am sure he is very grateful and once he has his son home love will take over all the hurt and anger.

NBC's Jeff Rosen tweeted:

Spoke to David Goldman briefly. He said he's worried about Sean but "knows he'll be ok when he's home with his dad."
33 minutes ago from web

Snipped from Breaking News: With all legal options exhausted Sean Goldman may be coming home:

The U.S. embassy has been fully engaged with the Brazilian Federal Police to ensure a safe and expeditious transfer of the child to his father when the time comes. Rumors swirrled online about Sean having recently been out of the city and the threat of flight is always a concern but Smith confirmed these rumors as being false. ”Given the prominence of the family he is in custody with, it is unlikely that they will evade due process” he added “Sean is also well aware of the case and follows the issue closely and has probably been to his own website “Bring Sean Home”. On several occasions, David was refused to see his son, despite court orders allowing the meetings and was denied access, raising warning flags about the risk of flight.

David Goldman Custody Battle Update: Sean Goldman To Return To US

Some interesting remarks left in comments section of above article.

I hope Sean is with his Father at this moment. Maybe they ought to let the grandmother take the ride back to the US, then arrest her for kidnapping when they land.

I just want to know if they are on the plane and in the air yet?????

Prayers to them all. I agree the grandparents do NOT deserve to see Sean ever again -- BUT -- Sean deserves to see them. He has spent the majority of his childhood with them and I am sure he loves them. Sean did not create this mess.

I am waiting to hear they are on the plane!

Salem

I just want to know if they are on the plane and in the air yet?????

Prayers to them all. I agree the grandparents do NOT deserve to see Sean ever again -- BUT -- Sean deserves to see them. He has spent the majority of his childhood with them and I am sure he loves them. Sean did not create this mess.

I am waiting to hear they are on the plane!

Salem

Absolutely true.

I bet the Brazilian family will not surrender Sean until the last minute.

I think you are right Openmind. David will probably need the police. So sad for Sean. He is still so young, it will be frightening for him. I just wish they would get it done and get the child in the air and on the way home. All this dragging it out is ever harder, I think. All the wondering and worrying about what is going to happen. Poor kid. Once it happens, it won't be so bad (hopefully). He knows David and he knows David loves him. I feel so bad for him. I hope someday his grandparents come to understand what they have done to this boy! Uggg!

Salem

If the grandparents truly love Sean they will try to make this as painless as possible for him. Maybe telling him that they are getting old and feel like his father would be better able to take care of him. He can find out the truth later (if he doesn't already know). I hope they will do that for him.

This is going to be a very difficult transition for Sean. The Brazilian family is all to blame for this. They never should have kept him in the first place. They would have been allowed visits if they hadn't been so underhanded in the beginning. I don't feel sorry for the Grandmother at all. She is to blame, imo. I know how hard it would be to have my grandson live in a different country, but I could never keep him from his father is something happened to my daughter, it's just not right.

I hope Sean is with his Father at this moment. Maybe they ought to let the grandmother take the ride back to the US, then arrest her for kidnapping when they land.

The boy's mother is dead. She kidnapped him, not the grandmother.

No, sorry Sean is not on a plane back to the U.S. yet.

The breaking news is that Sean's Brazilian family will not be filing any more appeals to keep Sean here. :)

Fox News just confirmed the HLN report that David will be reunited with his son because the Brazilian family will not be filing any appeals! :woohoo: We're one step closer!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back