GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They expect to be finished with this trial in less than TWO WEEKS? I don't think so. Or maybe i am reading wrong.

:wave: hi everyone

It's not a death penalty case, I believe there is a lot less evidence to present as well. It SEEMS cut and dried. Especially with those letters.

'All you black kids with the pumped up sound, better turn it down, turn it down...

All you black kids better turn it down, because I'm Michael Dunn,...

and you won't outrun my gun!'

I expect Dunn will get his just deserts.

BBM

It's Florida. :sigh:

So this trial is not being televised I guess. What a Damn shame. Was so looking forward to seeing justice

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

So this trial is not being televised I guess. What a Damn shame. Was so looking forward to seeing justice

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

The trial will be live streamed. I'll put a link up as soon as I have it.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7m

https://twitter.com/NewsAndNom

Tweets from reporter Stephanie Brown. They read backwards and begin with the most recent. So to read chronologically, start at the bottom and read up.

Even more jurors are in the process of obtaining CCW permit... questioned now #DunnTrial

Six potential jurors overall out of 62 have CCW in Florida #DunnTrial

Along w finding out who has Concealed Carry permit, Corey is asking if they believe there is responsibility that comes with that #DunnTrial

We're now getting specifics on who in 62 person pool has Concealed Carry permit, training, etc #DunnTrial

J99 now telling Corey she is using emotions to try to argue his beliefs. He's only one in pool who believes unfettered rights #DunnTrial

Corey: should everyone be able to carry when and where they want? J99: "Sure, why not?" #DunnTrial

J99 says he believes gun laws are "too tight" and that his right to carry should be "unfettered" #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m

One juror says she has a problem w/ loud music. Doesn't care what kind of music but think ppl should be considerate #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 4m

Corey now asking jurors if anyone has issues w/ "loud music" #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 5m

About 14-15 jurors now claim some experience w/ guns- from hunting, to skeet, to working on CCW permit #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 26s

No jurors express concerns regarding different ages of suspect and victims Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m

I say victims bc Dunn is charged w/ fatally shooting #JordanDavis and attempted murder for 3 other teens in same car #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m

Corey now setting up questions on race and age of victims and suspect. Dunn is white male, victims are black teens #DunnTrial

One juror (San Marco resident) also doesn't like loud music, brings up #MetPark as example #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 36s

We're now looking in to those who were or knew someone that was a victim of violent crime #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m

Once the clarification was made that race is not a factor in the charges, no jurors express concerns about racial differences #DunnTrial

One juror asks whether race will be a factor in the charges, sentencing, etc. Corey says it is not (no sent enhancements for ex) #DunnTrial

Corey: nobody is trying to make race an issue in this case, but we need to know your feelings #DunnTrial

No jurors express concerns regarding different ages of suspect and victims #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 8m

I say victims bc Dunn is charged w/ fatally shooting #JordanDavis and attempted murder for 3 other teens in same car #DunnTrial

:fence:Thank you for the courtroom tweets, appreciate it.

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 1h
J1 says she's personally been vic of violent crime. A few others have had family members murdered. Still say they can be fair/impartial.

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 1h
Judge hopes to have jury seated today in #MichaelDunn trial. Action News' @lesliecoursey47 is in the courtroom . pic.twitter.com/BtQedvheog

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 20m
Break over. Corey asking potential jurors of they, or their family members, have ever been arrested/have issues with police. #MichaelDunn

https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 6m
Potential jurors asked if they follow "gavel-to-gavel" TV coverage of trials. They said no. #MichaelDunn

oops lol

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 1m
Corey says no time limit for premeditation. Explaining 1st degree murder, law definitions. #MichaelDunn

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 5m
Angela Corey has finished questioning potential jurors. All say the can be fair/impartial. #MichaelDunn

I can't wait to see her in action.

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 9m
Lunch break until 1:10pm. #MichaelDunn #DunnTrial

ActionNewsJax ‏@ActionNewsJax 15m
#MichaelDunn atty, Cory Strolla, now addressing potential jurors.
Expand

<modsnip> I think the real reason Sherp won't read the letters her/himself is because deep down they're afraid it'll confirm the notion that Dunn really is a racist, intolerant bigot.

Yes, there is a forthcoming trial, and yes I'm waiting to get all the facts, particularly, looking forward to the kids who were in the car with Jordan bing witnesses. But there are things we know to be true: Dunn's version of the story says that he got out of his car and told the kids to turn their music down. They did but Jordan told him to turn it back up. I would have done the same. They were in a public parking lot. Who does Dunn think he is telling someone to turn their music down? He was in a car at a convenience store. If the music bothered him, he could have simply drove away but decided to be confrontational instead.

I do, as PP have said, find it interesting that you want to give Dunn the botd but not the victims in this case. It seems there are those who want to turn this into the Zimmerman trial, right down to the adamance that 17 means you're not a kid anymore, as if that somehow makes it all ok.

IMO, Dunn had preconceived notions about black people and about the kids in that car that night. They were thugs with their loud gangsta music. How dare they. He antagonized them, probably expecting them to get belligerent, maybe even hoping they would be. He probably even had it in his head that they had a gun too, because of course they would. Apparently they never even got out of their car. Dunn says he felt threatened by something he saw that he thought was a shotgun. If it was, he would be dead. It would have already been out, in their hands and ready to go. Dunn says it was quicker to get his gun from his glover compartment and fire multiple times. Really? That's quicker than backing up and driving away? No, he did exactly what he wanted to do that night. Those 'thugs' gotta be taught a lesson, you see? If ask them to turn their annoying music down they better listen. I think it's possible that they didn't even say anything to Dunn after they turned the music back up, just the idea that they did was enough for him. Yep, this is going to be a good one. Can't wait.

<modsnip>

WELL PUT!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ActionNewsJax &#8207;@ActionNewsJax 39s
Potential jurors seem to have differing opinions about guns. Some for, some against. All say they could be fair/impartial. #MichaelDunn

Thanks all posting the tweets. Do we have word on live streaming of trial?

As for the letters... can't believe he is so incredibly stupid to think those won't be used against him. I find this dude repelling.

ActionNewsJax &#8207;@ActionNewsJax 2m
Strolla says Jax has distinction of being "murder capital of FL." Asked potential juror if that's why she wants a gun. #MichaelDunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288