who is this unidentified young girl? jumped/thrown from vehicle in AZ, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone, especially anyone who has worked with LE, think of a plausible reason that LE isn't coming out with additional information about this JD? I mean, I imagine if a child or young woman fell out of a vehicle under suspicious circumstances, the people in the car would end up in front of a grand jury to determine culpability. Can you imagine this happening to you? Do you honestly think you'd walk away with the explanation, "Hey she just jumped for no reason!" If more action was taken by LE around the people in the car, where would we find this information? I would imagine someone would have to search records locally in Maricopa. Is there anyone in the area who could do this?

Can anyone, especially anyone who has worked with LE, think of a plausible reason that LE isn't coming out with additional information about this JD? I mean, I imagine if a child or young woman fell out of a vehicle under suspicious circumstances, the people in the car would end up in front of a grand jury to determine culpability. Can you imagine this happening to you? Do you honestly think you'd walk away with the explanation, "Hey she just jumped for no reason!" If more action was taken by LE around the people in the car, where would we find this information? I would imagine someone would have to search records locally in Maricopa. Is there anyone in the area who could do this?

I am completely with you on this one-which injuries happened at the accident, which weren't explained completely by it? Agreed she needs to be id'd, but how is that going to solve how she ended up flying out a car door onto the highway? I would love to know if the couple who were in the car are still in the area and if they are still together. Perhaps one is more willing to talk now than they were then...

I think that someone spoke to the forensic artist and it turned out that the artist had made up the shirt and brooch when she was doing the drawing. There doesn't seem to be any info on what she was wearing, but I may have missed it.

Why in the world would they put her in the shirt and brooch?! She seemed "with the times" and would probably think that outfit was hideous.

I wonder if there is any autopsy report that would list her clothing and/or possessions found on her.

Why in the world would they put her in the shirt and brooch?! She seemed "with the times" and would probably think that outfit was hideous.

I wonder if there is any autopsy report that would list her clothing and/or possessions found on her.

The autopsy report lists her clothes as "undetermined" as I remember...sort of makes you wonder if they were thrown away by the hospital or something.

Also, what's the big deal about naming the people in the car with her? What if someone knew the couple and saw the girl with them that night? Maybe they are interested in coming forward now??

Sorry for the double post again, but I actually located a website that lists records of criminal and civil cases on line with codes, case numbers, judges etc...I have no idea how to read it, however so perhaps I am not the best person to try and find the needle in the haystack. Could someone check this out as well and see what you think??

http://www.apltwo.ct.state.az.us/ODSPlus/caseInfo.cfm

Richandfamous - she was NOT wearing the clothing in the drawing...we corresponded with the forensic artist a while ago if you go back in the threads.

Well then why in the hell would the artist FABRICATE that clothing,, and put something completely odd and distracting on her, that had NOTHING TO DO WITH what she was wearing??? WTF? Just to confuse and throw people off even furthter...?? Wow, thanks for the help.

I think that this case must be hopelessly botched up.... I still don't understand why after almost TEN YEARS that the investigators should be so damn secretive about it.... I understand they say it's an 'ongoing investigation' and they are dealing with 'confidential information'... but after almost TEN years..?? really....??

I think we should all try writing them again.. maybe send a GROUP letter.. maybe even mailed (not e-mailed) with all of our questions.
There's too much weird stuff here and unanswered questions that doesn't make sense. And if we get brushed off or don't get real answers, we should ask to be put in touch with someone who was working at that dept. when the girl was found (maybe they are retired now, or quit since then?). Maybe someone who knows something will talk with us... or we can convince them to release more info to Doe Net or Charley Project...?

I dunno.. I guess it's just time to forget about it.

Did you guys rule out Ekaterina? The girl whom was missing from California I think......

Kel

Did you guys rule out Ekaterina? The girl whom was missing from California I think......

Kel

I checked the thread and she was raised by Dublin in Nov 2006 as a good match, but I cannot find anything that states whether or not she was submitted. Moderator Christine has a myspace with the JD on it-perhaps she might know? I think she is a good match, personally...

I'm still ingtrigued by the connection with the Russian girl, Alice. The composite drawing looked a lot like her and there are other connections as well:

1. It would make sense that no relatives have come forward if all of them are in Russia.
2. If JD Arizona was trafficked for prostitution it would make sense that she didn't have friends that could come forward, as the girls she knew would probably be prostituted also and the "clients" would be loathe to come forward.
3. The couple might not have realized she had an accent if she was deliberately not speaking that much or if she had a good American accent since she would have learned English solely through listening.
4. The couple might not have admitted she had an accent because they didn't want her to be found, maybe they were connected to the prostitution ring and it wasn't just a coincidence that they picked her up.

I know that involves a lot of speculation, but who knows!

The ME says that Ekaterina Shcherbakova is not a match. See post #310.

The more I think about it, if she was from another country, LE would prbably know about it. Her dental records indicate that she has had fillings and I'm pretty sure that in some cases MEs can tell if the fillings were done in the US or if they are indicative of work done in another country.

That makes me think it is more likely that she is someone who ran away from foster care or an abusive family.

I keep wondering if she is one of the many children that went missing as a young child, maybe even parental abduction, and just looks different than the family thought she'd look and was excluded based on physical appearance only. If a parental abduction involved more than one child, coming forward would mean jail time for that parent and would give up the other child. If they honestly believe they are in the right (which I assume most parents who abduct their kids do believe) than they could justify not coming forward in order to protect their other child. I just hope a match wasn't deemed "excluded" based on unscientific criteria. Obviously if someone sends a possible match that is 6ft tall or a different race, the ME would exclude them based on visual examination. But what if it is physically possible, do they always check DNA? Dentals? People here have posted possible matches that I have looked at once and thought, "That's not her." Not being a ME I suppose that doesn't matter, but what is the standard procedure in the ME office regarding these matters? Does anyone know? I'm sure they are swamped with work and pressured to "cut costs". I wish they'd release a list of all those who were deemed "excluded" and on what basis: Dental? DNA? Missing tattoo? Missing scar? Eye color? Height?

My other question would be why wasn't she carrying any other personal items? I would imagine that she would have a purse, a wallet, a bag, etc. But LE makes no note of it. I don't know if this is one of the facts that LE is with-holding for whatecver reason, or maybe the couple who was driving her got rid of her stuff or maybe she just didn't have anything else on her.

This case has haunted me ever since i stumbled across it. When i first saw our Jane Doe's face, i instinctively thought she had a Slavic look to her. I agree with those who theorize that she may be a trafficked Eastern European girl. As others have noted, this may be why she has not been claimed yet.
I also think this theory may shed light on the reasons why LE has not disclosed more info on Jane Doe and the "witnesses". If they are investigating a much more intricate crime, such as a human traf****ing/prostitution ring, they may not want to publicize their findings just yet.

Awesome work so far, y'all!:clap:

NEW INFO POSTED ON THE MEDICAL EXAMINER PAGE! This answers a lot of questions that have been posed here! It speaks about the people in the car with her and make suppositions about her being a prostitute. It also speaks to the markings around her mouth! It also indicates that her information has been entered into CODIS, which means that if the missing person's information was entered into CODIS, a match would most likely have already been made. Here is the info below:

Circumstances This girl is believed to have jumped out of a moving vehicle in Pinal County. She later died in a hospital in Scottsdale. The people in the vehicle with her told police that she was a hitchhiker they picked up in central Phoenix but she never said her name. She was possibly living on the streets or prostituting in the central Phoenix area.
Description She is Caucasian and has blonde hair with brown roots. Her hair is 16 inches long and her eyes are blue. She has a tattoo of a blue heart on her chest and was wearing earrings and a navel ring. She is 5' 4" and weighed 110-130 pounds. The markings around her mouth in the enclosed photos pertain to medical treatment just prior to death and are NOT scars or identifying features that she would have had.
Scientific Information Her dental x-rays are available and her DNA has been entered into the national database.

I wonder what evidence points to the central Phoenix area (besides that she was picked up there, of course). I also find it hard to believe that she was living on the streets with such beautifully maintained eyebrows. Also, if she was from central Phoenix, what reason would she have to hitchhike into this remote area? Questions, questions..

Can anybody blow up the picture of Alice and do a comparison? The minute I looked at the picture of Alice, I knew this girl was one in the same. I'm 100 percent sure the Pinal County girl is Alice. Remember also, that someone from Russia posted on this thread claiming to be certain this was her. If you look at the picture of Alice, although tiny, you can clearly see the same heart shaped face, the eyebrows, eyes, nose and jawline all match perfectly. She is just younger in her 'missing' pic as she was a child then. Maybe she came to the states in a prositution trafficking situation as a child, grew up here and that is whey nobody is looking for her. This makes perfect, perfect sense. It's the one scenario that fits and the picture is, no pun intended, a dead ringer.

I wish we could learn more about the circumstances surrounding Alice's disappearance. Kidnapping and coercion of young girls in the former USSR is very widespread. Most of these girls are trafficked to Europe and the Middle East, but i believe we haven't even scratched the surface of this problem in the US.

I'm SO glad they posted more information! and cleared some things up!

I wonder, if she was a prostitute if they went to the area that she was supposibly picked up and talked to people? it looks like someone would remember her :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member