GUILTY AZ - Timothy Romans, 39, & Vincent Romero, 29, slain, St Johns, 5 Nov 2008 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped by me

For me, dgfred, armed double homicide is never an appropriate reaction of an 8-year-old, even if that 8-year-old has withstood terrible long-term abuse. It's an uncommon psychological response - rare to the point of almost being singular.

Like many of us here, I have followed cases of horrific child abuse for years, and I have NEVER known of a child responding to unspeakable horrors by killing two grown men.

I agree.
I did not mean this outcome was appropriate, I meant what would have been appropriate. Sorry for the confusing statement.

YDI sounds scary according to a former client

1ohsDeCxyAAAB5CS6hDIbiUHNMA==.medium.jpg

http://local.yahoo.com/info-28726027-Youth-Development-Institute#yls-dt-card
User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars by EarthGirlWantsPeace

11/25/2008
"As a former unwanted(foster child) I was at YDI for close to 2 yrs.. Staff was nice although counsolors often didnt listen and over medicated children. The place felt like a max security prison with plexi-glass plated windows and a 16 ft fence surrounding the outside. Set in the heart of gang infested territory with nightly shootings. Non violent offenders are also housed with sex offenders wich has caused a great many problems in the past. Staff are often recovering addicts themselves... Ya the place was great. I continue to have fearsome night terrors about being locked in a place that i cant get out of, and something or someone is trying to kill me or get me. I can honestly say that i didnt have nightmares befor going to YDI.. and that concludes my review of YDI"

http://local.yahoo.com/info-28726027-Youth-Development-Institute

direct link to YDI
http://ydi.org/

Well imo Whiting could be covering his butt so to speak, because of past statements made. It also depends on what you would classify as 'physically hurt'. No broken limbs or trips to the emergency room does not mean NO physical abuse. IMO there was physical abuse although psychological/emotional abuse is quite enough... there may not have been any evidence of physical abuse at the time of the murders.
I also don't believe this is the end of the abuse allegations, but since the boy: will get the treatment he needs, the mom is pleased with the sentencing outcome, the boy is out of the county, the step-mom is paralysed, the family is embracing the boy now, the town wants to be done with it... it may just be dropped. Now that everyone now KNOWS there WAS abuse in the household perhaps everyone involved can start the healing process.

Woods is the one that said there was no physical abuse not Whiting.

BBM

What will be dropped? You really think the Judge is going to change her ruling? Imo, it will never happen and this boy will be closely monitored for years to come.

imo

BBM

What will be dropped? You really think the Judge is going to change her ruling? Imo, it will never happen and this boy will be closely monitored for years to come.

imo

You are so ready to argue you don't even read the post quoted... the subject of ABUSE may be dropped.

I am wondering what his mother is gonna do?

I wonder if she will consistanly visit and attend the family threapy portion?

Will she leave the state?

She is unemployed and living with Liz, no need to once he's placed...........she won't be getting Vince's SSI.....Just wondering aloud

BBM

imo

According to dgfred, because it comes out of a defense attorney's mouth, it's a fact? lol

I don't doubt for a second the BOY considered the rules and consequences in his home abusive. That doesn't mean they were.

According to dgfred, because it comes out of a defense attorney's mouth, it's a fact? lol

I don't doubt for a second the BOY considered the rules and consequences in his home abusive. That doesn't mean they were.

Ha, a bridge is missing something somewhere :butthead: .

Good luck with that case... although I hope it never comes to that.

You and me both!

But I think it's an important safeguard to have in place. Once he successfully completes his treatment is deemed rehabilitated and is released...it's nice to know if the treatment didn't work, he managed to fool the people there, and commits a felony ...that there is a recourse.

Agreed. I doubt we'll ever hear enough of it to reach our own conclusions.

The sentence affords young Romero an opportunity for Redemption. What he does on his 18th birthday is up to him. Not the court.
Without a legal name change he is doomed.

We all want to know his motive. Should that have not been a requirement of the Court to make a record of a killer's motives?

Without a legal name change he is doomed.

respectfully snipped

I have to disagree, here in AZ, both "Christian" and "Romero" are as common of names as "Steve" and "Jones", I believe in Maricopa County, he will blend right in.

Surprisingly, not as many people even know about this case as we might believe. I think people on these types of "crime forums" are extrordinarily interested in such things, in my daily interactions with other school moms, my bunco group, my Grandfather, etc. more often than not, people have not even heard of the case at all.

BBM

imo

Woods said what he said so not to complicate the matter. Woods has no more knowledge of abuse to Christain than you or I. And you know it.
This may be the toughest kid in recorded history. He shot two men with a single shot .22. Why in the world would he confide to a lawyer? Or anyone else?

respectfully snipped

I have to disagree, here in AZ, both "Christian" and "Romero" are as common of names as "Steve" and "Jones", I believe in Maricopa County, he will blend right in.

Surprisingly, not as many people even know about this case as we might believe. I think people on these types of "crime forums" are extrordinarily interested in such things, in my daily interactions with other school moms, my bunco group, my Grandfather, etc. more often than not, people have not even heard of the case at all.

Do you really believe that in 8 years the good folks in AZ (and the national media) will have forgotten the name Christian Romero?

I am wondering what his mother is gonna do?

I wonder if she will consistanly visit and attend the family threapy portion?

Will she leave the state?

She is unemployed and living with Liz, no need to once he's placed...........she won't be getting Vince's SSI.....Just wondering aloud

Why are you wondering about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member