In Session - Monday May 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kinda tired of the media being blamed for 'the circus' - yes I am the media, but I am pretty quick to call 'sensationalism' when it is due.

The day that the media DOESN'T jump on the KCs of the world, the day they stop caring about the Zahras and Caylees and Haleighs and Kyrons should be the day that they hand in their pad and pen.
The media has to represent these babies that no longer have a voice.... someone has too.

Well said! You can blame society for the media but you can't blame the media for society. Keep fighting to expose truth GutFeeling!!

Mike Brooks is talking about the public protesting area. There are boxes taped off where people will be allowed. They want to make sure that nobody is in any danger, at the same time allow free speech.

What is it that people will be protesting?

I agree with Jean C. and the other talking head that say the lady that could not judge does not have a strong enough personality to hang a jury. I also think the non-judging lady is a follower that was easily rehabilitated by JP into a 180 degree turn around about judging.

She caved for JP. I think the stronger jurors will also get her to cave.

I hate to give the man anything .... BUT the media would have hounded him non-stop. A press conference is an easier way to get information out, give a chance for questions, a time to 'prepare' without taking 100s of phone calls.

Sometimes I am blown away by the stupid questions that are asked. eg "Did KC do it?" .... SERIOUSLY, YOU expect this man to say "Yes, yes indeed she did" .... I feel like walking up behind them and giving them a little slap up the head with my Journalism 101 textbook.

"No comment at this time. Thank you." Telling the judge to put a gag order in place. It worked for the woman in California who worked for the church and killed her neighbor's little girl. Responsible reporting is very important in a case but it is sad how most of the jurors don't trust the information they received from the media. jmo

I never knew that JB only finished the 9th grade (per his interview on IS right now).

They are now talking about the build-up to the trial. How the prosecution will start. It started as a missing child.

Beth - Saying the defense can chose to wait and do their opening when they present their case.

:eek: Beth saying the defense can say that Roy Kronk raises reasonable doubt. Why did it take so long for him to get someone to come out there. Why did he know for so long that she was in the woods?

Did he know it was Caylee????

I get the impression that the county is anticipating protestors like the ones that were at the Anthony home way back when this all began.

If I lived in Orlando, Florida I would protest to my tax dollars paying for this darn defendant (the nicest way I could put it).

I get the impression that the County is anticipating protestors like the ones that were at the Anthony home way back when this all began.
I also think there will be a contingent of death penalty protestors. They seem to follow the death penalty cases around the state. JMHO

I never knew that JB only finished the 9th grade (per his interview on IS right now).
Me either. Did you see where he thought it was funny that Mason is also a drop out and he called them the "Drop out defense". Not to knock on drop outs, since I am one, but it explains alot of his ignorance in this case so far. I'm sure there is much more to come.

Jean C did say it is the car. She had sole possession of that car. She had complete control of the car. There is no evidence that anyone else was in control of that car.

:eek: I am kind of surprised that Jean C seems to be getting it now too! FINALLY!

ST, think about it. The DT has said NO MORE interviews until after the trial. They had hopes of getting inside scoops and maybe interviews. This is a mute point now and, they are NOW telling it like it is. Kinda two faced IMO.

ETA, I will never follow tru tv after this. If I need to follow a case, I will come to WS where I KNOW the facts are correct.

Huge gap :) how could tiny little ICA possibly carry a garbage bag weighing ~30 lbs all by herself without help. :floorlaugh: She must have had outside assistance with that impossible feat.

30 pounds is less than a big bag of dog food. I'm small and I move 50 lb. bags of dog food and horse feed bags around all the time. Hay bales too.

KC BARELY went into the woods. If KC had had manly help, Caylee would have not ended up so close to the road. A man would probably have buried her. Like George, most men are also pretty handy with cement.

The sissy location--not too deep in the woods with the spiders--points right at prissy KC.

Beth believes the DT will point the finger at her parents to show the dysfunction of KC although the DT doesn't have to pin the crime on anyone but they have to come up with reasonable doubt. I'm sorry but dysfunction doesn't mean to not report a crime.

Lord, why are they even showing this self aggrandizing drivel of JB one day before trial? And why am I watching?

Do they plan to show the SA side? Oh, wait... the SA have kept their mouths shut and haven't given out interviews at every turn!

Arghh. :banghead:

Lord, why are they even showing this self aggrandizing drivel of JB one day before trial? And why am I watching?

Do they plan to show the SA side? Oh, wait... the SA have kept their mouths shut and haven't given out interviews at every turn!

Arghh. :banghead:

Bold mine. I switched to local news. :floorlaugh:

Huge gap :) how could tiny little ICA possibly carry a garbage bag weighing ~30 lbs all by herself without help. :floorlaugh: She must have had outside assistance with that impossible feat.

Then we have the laundry bag with handles. That would work even if she had to drag it to it's resting place not far from the road.

Funny how the pings were not mentioned. LE has a pretty good idea of what KC was doing and where she was and at what time. Narc'd out by her own phone. Her most prized possession. jmo

Oh dear God.

IS guy (not Mike Brooks, but the other guy) just said, "Do you think the state is going to make this about Caylee more than anything else?" Like that would be astonishing.

WTH else is this about??? Does anyone remember???

Casey Jordan is saying that the defense has to reverse engineer their defense to fit the jury. The jury will want an explanation of the 31 days. JB just may have to figure it out as he goes based on the reaction of the juror's faces as the prosecution lays out their case.

"No comment at this time. Thank you." Telling the judge to put a gag order in place. It worked for the woman in California who worked for the church and killed her neighbor's little girl. Responsible reporting is very important in a case but it is sad how most of the jurors don't trust the information they received from the media. jmo

The state was denied a gag order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member