NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I got my passport the post office did the pic and helped me with the paperwork and it took 8 weeks to come. I am in PA.

Same for me, except the PO didn't have a camera and they sent me to Kinkos, with a card and form, that the employee at Kinkos stapled the pictures to the card and stamped the form with the store's info.

Oh if only that were true. I would like to think that he was trying to save that precious child.....

Trying to give him some benefit of the doubt. Hard to judge a man on the basis of a short GMA interview and a 39-second Q & A on WSOC.

I had to join the "real life" world today....lol. Thank You for telling me where to look!!!!!! Does anyone know if they searched the trailer in Sawmill today, I believe that would be the addy you are talking about. One of the family members came in yesterday and said that LE had requested to search it.
no word on the search of the MH today at all.

I don't know, I can't imagine a reason why the birth mother would not be on the birth certificate.

As to your question of termination of rights, I don't know, I've not looked into. Other Aussie's on the board may know. I'm assuming there would be some sort of similar process though.

If the bio-mother up and left when Zahra was so young like we have read, wouldn't that equal abandonment and in effect terminate any right she had to how and where Zahra lived? (that would be the case here in the states)

O/T all this talk of passports reminded me I have to get my daughters PDQ she has a school tripe to Europe in the spring- i've I keep putting it off she'll be staying home.

A little bit on termination of parental rights in Aus and the US:
The major difference between NSW and the United States is that when we [he means US] terminate a parent's parental rights, they lose all legal standing with regard to their children.

Their children are not their children anymore.

They have no right to see them, no right to talk to them, and in fact, the children don't have any right to seek out their parents.

Now, they may do it at a later age, but they have to do it on their own.

The NSW' [in Aus] legislation leaves the door open a bit for the parents and the children to have contact even though the parent loses a certain amount of legal standing.

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/stories/s309943.htm

all 3 were found in car.......
I wonder also why only AB and Zahra???
and wouldn't the AU passport be good anywhere?
Why would they need another passport.........they cost $100. now IIRC

Could be the photos were for some sort of paperwork related to immigration, e.g. permanent residency application. And of course just because we've only seen photos of Zahra and AB in that setting, doesn't mean such a photo wasn't also taken of EB. Some rental housing may require photos in connection with signing a lease (if I was renting to this sort of demographic, I'm pretty sure I would).

And her termination of rights could have been all tied into the divorce. I know it would have to have been a separate document - but could have been handled by the courts all at once. He would have to only show that document for the Oz passports and visas to get them here.

Those are the passports I think they found in the Tahoe.

I wonder if LE has looked into this whole passport issue.

They could NOT have gotten US passports unless they were citizens OR were planning on faking them.

In the US there are exceptions to having both parents apply in person (ie; decree that parental rights have been revoked, adoption decree, court order granting sole custody,etc.) I would imagine that AUS has to have similar provisions.

You can obtain an AUS passport from within the US via an Overseas passport application.

US requirements for background are PLAIN WHITE background. I find this significant because the AUS requirement states it must be light blue or off white (NOT WHITE). (US http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo-Quality-Requirements.pdf)

and since there are no photos showing EB ...... I am seriously questioning if AB wasn't trying to get Zhara out of there.

Why hasn't the media reported anything on the status of US citizenship and when / if it was obtained? Is this public record ?

or did AB just take the baby Z away from her mother like Ron C? like Kaine H?
Was mom ill and father just didn't give baby back?
I'd love to know the real story of all that.
IMO, AB doesn't sound like he was a goody 2 shoes that met a witch.
IMO his mother raised Zahra.
He did internet dating and held a job, but was he really a parent?
No man that was a true parent would let his new wife abuse his ill daughter so bad.
I still feel AB is involved and just as bad as his wife. JMOO

I wonder if LE has looked into this whole passport issue.

They could NOT have gotten US passports unless they were citizens OR were planning on faking them.

In the US there are exceptions to having both parents apply in person (ie; decree that parental rights have been revoked, adoption decree, court order granting sole custody,etc.) I would imagine that AUS has to have similar provisions.

You can obtain an AUS passport from within the US via an Overseas passport application.

US requirements for background are PLAIN WHITE background. I find this significant because the AUS requirement states it must be light blue or off white (NOT WHITE). (US http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Photo-Quality-Requirements.pdf)

and since there are no photos showing EB ...... I am seriously questioning if AB wasn't trying to get Zhara out of there.

Why hasn't the media reported anything on the status of US citizenship and when / if it was obtained? Is this public record ?
I think we have all hit on a BIG piece of this puzzle. Passports, citizenship, those pics we found........and yet not a word from LE about any of that.

All of that info would be held VERY CLOSE to the vest - as in State Dept and Embassy (both US and Aus) - nobody would say a word - especially to media.

Okay, let's look at the pictures from another perspective. We are assuming (and I agree) that they look like they were taken for ID purposes. . . because how many people say, "Hey let's sit in front of the refrigerator with a big sheet draped over it and take some impromptu shots?" So, we know they're for a purpose. The next question is what legal documentation or id cards require one to provide their own photos? The only one I can think of is passports. That makes no sense in this case as we know they all three already have passports due to their travel between here and Australia. So, to my way of thinking, if we can't come up with another resource that requires one to provide their own photos ~ then they must be trying to take ID-type photos for an illegal purpose. But what could they possibly want a child to have an illegal id for? I lose any ability to make any sense of it at all at this point but maybe my meandering will trigger an idea from some of the great brains we have in this group . . .

I agree but if they arent US citizens no SS# right? has to be a way around that... maybe AB took Zs pic and she took his in an attempt to get away...Look how many of us dont know the exact protocol and ive lived in the US all my life...maybe they werent sure either and doing what they thought was thier best bet at getting away ...maybe SM was gone to a candle party, sex toy party, drug deal and they were taking advantage of her being gone...stranger things have happened?? I dont know thinking ive been studying this too long to make sense to anyone but myself JMO

I agree.

My post about SS numbers was more in reference to them using fake IDs to obtain state or county benefits.

I agree but if they arent US citizens no SS# right? has to be a way around that... maybe AB took Zs pic and she took his in an attempt to get away...Look how many of us dont know the exact protocol and ive lived in the US all my life...maybe they werent sure either and doing what they thought was thier best bet at getting away ...maybe SM was gone to a candle party, sex toy party, drug deal and they were taking advantage of her being gone...stranger things have happened?? I dont know thinking ive been studying this too long to make sense to anyone but myself JMO

If you're not a citizen, but married to a US citizen, you can get a SS# easily. Just request an IRS form that states you will pay US taxes - then you can get a SS#.

Did SM ever hold down any job at any time of her life?
Wonder if she knew the ins and outs of the welfare system?
Was she ready to fraud the system for more money???

Okay, let's look at the pictures from another perspective. We are assuming (and I agree) that they look like they were taken for ID purposes. . . because how many people say, "Hey let's sit in front of the refrigerator with a big sheet draped over it and take some impromptu shots?" So, we know they're for a purpose. The next question is what legal documentation or id cards require one to provide their own photos? The only one I can think of is passports. That makes no sense in this case as we know they all three already have passports due to their travel between here and Australia. So, to my way of thinking, if we can't come up with another resource that requires one to provide their own photos ~ then they must be trying to take ID-type photos for an illegal purpose. But what could they possibly want a child to have an illegal id for? I lose any ability to make any sense of it at all at this point but maybe my meandering will trigger an idea from some of the great brains we have in this group . . .
Many different documents can be forged using computers nowadays. I believe they were trying to change identities so that, as a family, they would have been eligible for medicaid, food stamps, section 8 housing, AFDC, Zahra needed a new leg, etc. etc. etc.

No where here are you allowed to supply your own pic for any ID - it is always taken on site - but if you are going to go the illegal route - well then - there ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes