SIDEBAR #3- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue discussion here...

I viewed this tonight for the first time. **Caution** There are some autopsy photos in the video but not any we have not seen. The recreation is a little off but overall it kept my attention.

[video=youtube;L_uaGMSf21E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_uaGMSf21E&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/video]

Please remember the same rules (no name calling, respectful posts, no off color sexual jokes, etc.) apply in 'sidebar' as in the trial threads...

Hope you all have a great weekend with your families + this goes for the Alexanders too!

Linda:
bakenets_hot_n_spicy_cracklins.gif

May have been sawing. Please... I can barely handle the details...I don't think I can handle sawing. I'm clinging to the "may" and prefer to think it wasn't sawing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Linda..

How's job going? I finally got a contract start in a few weeks only a month but a lot of hours in short amount of time but 30 days would be equal to 2-3 months of reg job w/ avg pay so hey each day is a 3 to 1 ratio :floorlaugh:

I hope this doesn't mean that we cannot discuss any of the points I made in an earlier post (that can be BBM and replied to):

Just some thoughts of my own here after today:

*I wonder if anyone has ever seen CMA (convicted murderer Arias) - I adopted this from another poster here "gauntlet"...I wonder if anyone in her family or friends ever saw "real tears with emotion"? Any evidence of that yet? No.

*Notice, CMA was wearing the same ponytail behind her head today that she wore during the guilt phase of this trial? I did and I know the jurors remember.

*Remember hearing Samantha say today that Travis visited her in Late May 2008 in Southern Cal? Travis insisted that they have their picture taken together. LATE MAY 2008 - Think about that.....

*The jurors know how all the delays are affecting their own lives. After today, they know the constant delays by the DT is affecting the Alexander's lives, too.

*Did Juan Martinez know that the 2 witnesses for the DT were going to be speaking today? Did the State have enough time to look into these 2 individuals ahead of time?

*Man, when Steven talked today about having nightmares about someone coming at him with a KNIFE and then waking his kids and wife to make sure they were still alive".....That was it !!! That was it.....

*How about the DT claiming that one of the mitigating factors for CMA was "She Had No Support From Her Family":

#1 - Didn't CMA live with her grandparents in between her "road-trips"? Are they not family? Do you not think that her parents didn't give some monies to grandparents to help?

#2 - Didn't Mom and Grandma attend court?

#3 - Didn't Mom visit CMA in jail everyday?

#4 - Didn't Mom try to help CMA move from Mesa to Yreka?

#5 - Didn't Father try to discipline CMA and that is when she moved in with Bobby Juarez?

I've got more but will stop for right now.....

Sorry Linda..

How's job going? I finally got a contract start in a few weeks only a month but a lot of hours in short amount of time but 30 days would be equal to 2-3 months of reg job w/ avg pay so hey each day is a 3 to 1 ratio :floorlaugh:

Cool! As long as you can rest after 30 days of 12 hrs!

bringing this over from previous thread as it closed just after I posted

good evening to all of you great, funny, witty, intelligent, thoughtful people here!.....am only now just catching up with today's goings on so very sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was just watching the final youtube video from today, where JSS says they can't proceed and dismisses the jury till Monday..wow, it really seemed to me the guard was extra close to JA and watching her more intently than I've seen before....did anyone else notice that? any thoughts, comments?

Question: Once Jodi is sentenced, does she transfer from jail to prison?

Under most situations, sentenced inmates go through an evaluation center before going to the prison. The system has changed a bit since my 1st ex went through (70's-80s), but it was 30 days (he went through the Estrella facility, it was called "Durango" back then) and the inmate was evaluated as to where in the population they would fit, did they have gang affiliations, was there a reason for PC, specifics of their crime that would warrant certain confinement, family and religious info, pre-visitor lists, family hardship as far as which facility they went to, special health needs, the inmates education, family, medical background, drug/alcohol abuse, etc, etc......
Because CMJA has been locked up for so long, and this 72 hour psych hold, they may have enough to just ship her out directly to Perryville.

Bringing my post from the other thread over as it closed just after I posted :)

I was actually surprised that I was more affected by Steven's impact statement today than I was by Samanthas. Now before that's misconstrued, let me FIRMLY state that Samantha's statement was VERY moving & powerful, which I expected, but Steven's rocked me to the core because I wasn't expecting it. He's been so stoic & strong throughout the proceedings that I almost thought he'd be matter of fact, if that makes sense. When I saw him go up to the podium & heard his voice cracking, I immediately broke down in tears. The way he eloquently (& painfully) described his nightmares, his fears for his family, the separation between him & his wife, the anti-depressant medicine not working for him...all of it really, I felt it deep in my soul. The pain pouring from him while he's been a pillar of strength was heart wrenching.

Listening to Steven & then Samantha describe their pain, the loss of their Grandmother, the empty chair at family gatherings, Steven's separation from his wife, everything we've heard from Travis' friends really drives it home & demonstrates how many lives the murderess has ruined. It's almost as if she murdered all of them too, but they are still here physically. It's absolutely devastating when you look at the totality of it all.

Wow! I've never seen them here, are they really made out of pork?

Are you a member of the royal family or something? Have you never actually tasted a pork cracklin'?

Shouldn't we have a penalty phase thread 12? Thread 11 redirected here....?

This is a weird transition. Sidebar to discuss the case and what happened today in court? Who is up next week? I'm lost...

Hey fragile, there was a question on the last thread. Lots of buzz about whether JA was drugged. Can they drug inmates during trials? Is that even something that is done?

article where it's stated that " A source close to Arias tells PEOPLE that, after reflecting on what she said, Arias would prefer a life sentence over execution. "

http://www.people.com/people/article...700733,00.html

Of course she does! It was reverse psychology all along, aimed at the jury seeing it, and it backfired on her by getting her 5150'd to the Psych Ward for 72 hours. She will have many more privileges with Life than on Death Row...

I'm unclear on why these threads are numbered 11 & 12, when the penalty phase only started today??? Shouldn't they be #1 & 2??? Maybe a mod can answer and help me.

Someone is going to have to explain why this case has been moved to the "Sidebar". Isn't the "Sidebar" the thread where we talk about stuff that has nothing at all to do with the case?

I've never seen that brand here. I live in the Florida panhandle and wondering if these are like the "Southern Pork Rinds" we have here. I've tried em...but thought they were gross. :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member