The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloane, so far I've only been able to find 50 of the 75 + students that are on my block. I hope to go back and find the rest of them but you know they have last names like Smith and Miller, lol so they are harder to track down. I had found contact information on several other students before we divided them up into blocks. There should be a lot more ready to go out. I will keep working on the rest.

ETA: Since nobody has put a claim on block 8 I am going to get envelopes addressed and ready to go for what names have contact information on them for that bunch already.

That's excellent, RKnowley! You go! (you're mighty fast.)

I put in my suggestions to the letter on the SKM site earlier today. It seems as if it is very near ready...yea! Yes, I think we HAD previously discussed the timing of the letter going out to coincide w/ the press releases, but at the time we just didn't know when that was. So, Yes, I think now is an excellent time to start the mail-out, to whichever ones are ready. This is certainly not to rush anyone, though...

Wow- already that is a lot of names...how do you do it? Plus all the names the others have completed, we're off to a fantastic start!! Who is finishing up the letter? themis? Who is she? (lol) :) Is she under another name over here? If not, how come she doesn't post on WS?

Sloane, Themis is Jaded over here. She was nice enough to set up SKM so that we had a private place to discuss Princess Blue because we didn't want to post any private information regarding the class alumni just anywhere. Jaded/Themis is finishing up the letter then we are ready to roll on the first round I believe!

Wow- already that is a lot of names...how do you do it? Plus all the names the others have completed, we're off to a fantastic start!! Who is finishing up the letter? themis? Who is she? (lol) :) Is she under another name over here? If not, how come she doesn't post on WS?

Lion, some research had already been done on your block several names (well 25 of them) have contact information and just need to have envelopes addressed for them and have the spreadsheet marked what names you are sending out in this batch.

I have not FINISHED my block but I have addressed the envelopes for the names I do have contact information on so that the first batch is ready to go.

Thank you RKnowley:). I will get envelopes next time I go the grocery store and continue with that then.

Lion

Sloane, the way I research the female names is a first see if I can find the birth for them. Then the marriage records. If I find they have been married I check to see if they divorced (so I would know that there may be another name change down the road). Then I look for a marriage record and see if they could have married after the first divorce and if I find another marriage for them then again I would check for a divorce for that couple. If I don't find one then I go to the "living people finder" and look for them by the last married name they had. If I don't find them that way I look for them by their maiden name or their first marriage, second marriage (etc) surname. If I don't find them then I move on to another name and go back and research the names I wasn't able to find information on at another time when they aren't frustrating me :eek:

I don't know if it will help (help get the letters opened by alumni?) but I also put a silver & a gold star sticker (REL colors were yellow and gray) on the front of my envelopes and wrote "Attn: 1975 REL Class Alumni next to the stars. :cool:

Lion, some research had already been done on your block several names (well 25 of them) have contact information and just need to have envelopes addressed for them and have the spreadsheet marked what names you are sending out in this batch.

I have not FINISHED my block but I have addressed the envelopes for the names I do have contact information on so that the first batch is ready to go.

What if I have more than one likely address for the same name, any suggestions on how to pare it down, or should we just send it to all and hope we get a hit?

LOL, guess I should have read farther!

My name research wasn't going so hot so I took a break. I am terrible at researching the names. I am going to start back soon and try and get it finished.

There are about 30 names done (contact information found) on MrsG's block (block 1) that could be addressed and ready to go. Does anyone want to do them? :D

Hello all, I have been so busy at work and school and kids and graduations that I have missed a bunch and haven't been able to do any research but I will get back to it as soon as I'm able!!!
Now, was there some news articles that I missed??? darnit...

There are about 30 names done (contact information found) on MrsG's block (block 1) that could be addressed and ready to go. Does anyone want to do them? :D

I'll address them since I'm lacking the research on my block. I can do that this next few days.

Hello all, I have been so busy at work and school and kids and graduations that I have missed a bunch and haven't been able to do any research but I will get back to it as soon as I'm able!!!
Now, was there some news articles that I missed??? darnit...

Here ya go, rich:blowkiss:.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3427425&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/4870484.html

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=6626525

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/4871172.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/13462498/detail.html

http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=86ae85fb572b774b

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/4870484.html

I don't know if I included them all, but i went through the pages on the last Princess thread and found these. Pretty darn good coverage with all of these articles. There are a couple of errors, for example, it is not a 27 year old case, and we named Princess Blue on this thread, not on SKE. I sent an email to ask for a correction on the 27 year issue, but I will be surprised if they print the correction. All in all I think they were well written and pretty inclusive, and I hope it caught some public interest.

Lion

Good Morning Everyone!! Wow, this is really rolling right along. I have a lot of work to get done today, but I anticipate having 5 ready to mail sometime tomorrow.
I can't remember who is in charge of contacting LE, possibly Lion?, but I was wondering if maybe we should let LE know we are about start on the mailing, so (hopefully) when all this alumni start calling in, they will be ready for it.
This is so thrilling! I know not to get my hopes up, but I can't help it, how cool would it be if this leads to Princess Blue's identity after all these years? I printed out her reconstruction and hung it on my desk, so I see her every day. I have my fingers crossed!
Lanie

Good Morning Everyone!! Wow, this is really rolling right along. I have a lot of work to get done today, but I anticipate having 5 ready to mail sometime tomorrow.
I can't remember who is in charge of contacting LE, possibly Lion?, but I was wondering if maybe we should let LE know we are about start on the mailing, so (hopefully) when all this alumni start calling in, they will be ready for it.
This is so thrilling! I know not to get my hopes up, but I can't help it, how cool would it be if this leads to Princess Blue's identity after all these years? I printed out her reconstruction and hung it on my desk, so I see her every day. I have my fingers crossed!
Lanie

Yes, Lanie. It is me. This is part of an email I recently sent to Sgt. Jay.

A note about our progress on the year book: We are in the process of getting current contact information for as many of the 1975 REL grads as possible. We are working very hard to track them down, and we have composed a rough draft of a letter, and we will include pertinent info to send with it. We have a PO box and anonymous email addys to receive replies from the grads. So far we have tracked down quite a few of them. If we come across anything that seems relevant to the case we will research as far as we can and send the info to you if it might help.

Lion

Jaded and MrsG, I think I might have emailed you the other day instead of pmmed. Did you get my question about the names, or do I need to resend? Sorry about the messup.
Lanie

btw, everyone...I'm overhauling someoneknowsme so that we can add articles on missing and UID on the front end. It's a work in progress, but check it out.

Wow, jaded! What a great siggy! I will check out SKE, too. I know so little about internet, though. Can you explain what you mean when you say we can add articles on the front end? Thanks so much, friend:).

Lion

Wow, jaded! What a great siggy! I will check out SKE, too. I know so little about internet, though. Can you explain what you mean when you say we can add articles on the front end? Thanks so much, friend:).

Lion

If you click on my siggie it will take you to the new front page of the site. I have a link up to the old forum, as I don't think I can convert the database over to the forum on the portal. If you look at the site, we now will have the ability to post articles about missing and UID cases.

Thanks re: the siggie. I feel so passionate about finding out who our Princess Blue is. I just know that eventually she will have a real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆