Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted that Iranians can go into Malaysia without a visa. They could of hung around for a week while getting their travel arrangements sorted out. :twocents:

This is a terrible, terrible lax policy Malaysia has. No wonder the pre-911 terrorist meetings were held in Kuala Lumpur. They know they can all get in with no traces and no paperwork. You would think after those meetings became known, Malaysia would have changed their policy. :facepalm:

****Adding - it's as easy as obtaining stolen passports. And just walk in and walk out with no trace that you (the actual you) were even in the country. Just scary!

Wasn't long ago that I read where the Muslim Brotherhood can come into our country without being checked or detained. Is anyone doing their job?

That's jumping from Iranian as an entire nationality to belonging to an extremist Islamic movement. Bit of a stretch, IMO.

that's gotta be the freakiest feeling!

oh because he could well have been my pilot! oh wow until now I hadn't even properly contemplated it, I just briefly read they were interviewing staff he usually flies with, duh - ok so now it is an even more freaky feeling indeed!

From what I am reading (which I am not sure is msm so I can't put it on here) I think it only means Israel is taking precautions...as should other countries at this point. I think terror alerts should be raised until they come to some conclusion of the missing plane.

I get it but really?, won't someone visually spot the 777 due to its size?

:please: Israel (which was a country never mentioned), find the MH370!

Paranoia much?

It wouldn't get anywhere near Isreal - they have one of the most sophisticated defense systems in the world...
Iron Dome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure I'd classify this as paranoia, Derryn. Israel has about the best military (and military intelligence) in the world. Part of their strength is being one step ahead. It may be all for naught, but in today's political climate, post 9/11, no...I wouldn't call it paranoia. The pilot's flying and avoidance of radar was at expert, military level, and this whole incident is now obviously at high intelligence levels. I'd call it smart rather than paranoid.

Like I said, Israel has a history of being smart this way, so it may come to nothing, still. Let's hope so.

Hopefully they will not send the passengers along with the plane in an attack on Israel... :(

Anyone with that kind of hatred wouldn't care if the passengers were on board during an attack on Israel. However, it has been so many days since the hijacking, I am fearful the plane landed and all passengers were killed.
Some think the plane went into the waters. If so, they are all gone. Any scenario is sad.

Would a flight simulator help a pilot achieve the expertise required to fly a plane of that size at 5000 ft ? Any aviators on board?

Honestly - anyone could fly that thing above 500FT - it would not be at all difficult provided the airspeed was kept in check and I would go as far as to say someone who had never even flown a plane before could do it with some basic "push goes down pull goes up forward goes fast back goes slow" knowledge of how to fly... very basic stuff...

I'm not reading too much into this new info.
I take it to mean that Israel is just preparing itself JUST IN CASE.

I'm not worried about Israel. They are one of the few countries in the world that knows how to take care of themselves & I'm proud of them. I'm sad for the innocent passengers & crew & their families.

27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...no-sign-of-plane/story-fnizu68q-1226856429922

I don't believe the passengers alive at this point, sadly.

I tend to reluctantly agree. However...no one knows their status, so that fact would not prevent any militant attacker on Israel from claiming all those dear friends and relatives were on the plane. (Could be dead bodies, but the slim chance that they might be alive would definitely give even Israel brief political pause--and likely much bad PR if they blow it out of the sky before it hits them.)

Oh I don't think they would attack Israel. If they are going to attack anyone, they would try to attack the U.S.. They like to go after the big ones.

I think attacking (or attempting to attack) Israel would be a big one personally.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Defense_Forces"]Israel Defense Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...no-sign-of-plane/story-fnizu68q-1226856429922

They already investigated the Greek tanker's sighting earlier today and found nothing. :-/

About the passengers and cell phones:

-sorry this is a dumb question, but can they even use their cell phones once plane has reached flying altitude? I know they used to have the little phones where you had to pay to use them. I guess my quesiton is is it even possible to get reception on your cell phone at that altitude? So would the passengers have been able to contact anyone even if they still had their cell phones with them?

Of course, I am thinking that by the time the plane got in lower altitude (if the passengers were alive), the hijackers would have made sure they got everyone's cell phones by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998