Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the links! I am curious if this is the largest reward in history?

You're welcome. I'm not sure if it is (having trouble converting to dollars in my mind). I hope it brings the right information to light.

Video link .

A Story Of Hope For the McCann Family

In 1990 Sally Jones faced a nightmare like the one Kate and Gerry McCann are enduring when her 4-year-old son Simon was abducted. He was missing for eight weeks before being found unharmed. His abductor is still in jail. Sally spoke to Sky's Mark Stone.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-1265464,.html

I think that people are communicating their feelings, period.

It doesn't do this situation any harm, or good, for that matter.

In fact, the vast majority of the case discussions here on these boards do not help or harm the case itself, IMO.

The parents are not being browbeaten. It's highly unlikely that they are reading these boards. They have to be present and accounted for in order to be browbeaten, IMO.

I never asked *why* people were angry. In fact, I stated that I completely understand why people are angry. If all someone got from my post was me asking why people are so mad, the point was completely missed.

My question was, what is bringing up their mistake over and over again going to accomplish? Do people honestly believe that the parents are not replaying the moments when they left those kids in the room over and over again, and having regrets?

I understand that it is our place as the general public to form an opinion about their decisions and learn from it. My point was that we see what leaving her in the hotel room has cost them already, and I believe we are all in agreement won't make the same mistakes.

As I asked in my first post, the constant critics must be hoping to accomplish someting by bringing up the fact they left Madeline alone over and over again. What is it they hope to accomplish (because if it's the excuse of "making sure no one else does the same thing," yeah I think we all know that at this juncture!) what DO the critics think their "punishment" should be? Because browbeating them is accomplishing nothing at this point.

As if they haven't already been punished enough...

You're welcome. I'm not sure if it is (having trouble converting to dollars in my mind). I hope it brings the right information to light.

£2.6m = 5.15423 USD

I don't know if it's world-wide the largest reward in history, but i believe it to be the largest in the U.K.

Video link .

A Story Of Hope For the McCann Family

In 1990 Sally Jones faced a nightmare like the one Kate and Gerry McCann are enduring when her 4-year-old son Simon was abducted. He was missing for eight weeks before being found unharmed. His abductor is still in jail. Sally spoke to Sky's Mark Stone.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-1265464,.html

I enjoyed that interview and it gives hope. i don't know the details behind the Simon Jones abduction as i have failed to find it online.

it appears his mother still doesn't know what happened during those missing weeks. i don't know if the perpetrator was a convicted paedophile.

ooh it would be interesting to hear whether Simon was taken by someone who genuinely wanted to care for him like you say. Lets hope this is the case with Maddie.

Ive stated before that I saw a phone interview with the aunt of Maddie the day after the abduction and even then she was umming and ahhing about how often the kids were checked on. She said every hour! That gives someone a while to do what they need to!

I never asked *why* people were angry. In fact, I stated that I completely understand why people are angry. If all someone got from my post was me asking why people are so mad, the point was completely missed.

My question was, what is bringing up their mistake over and over again going to accomplish? Do people honestly believe that the parents are not replaying the moments when they left those kids in the room over and over again, and having regrets?

I understand that it is our place as the general public to form an opinion about their decisions and learn from it. My point was that we see what leaving her in the hotel room has cost them already, and I believe we are all in agreement won't make the same mistakes.

As I asked in my first post, the constant critics must be hoping to accomplish someting by bringing up the fact they left Madeline alone over and over again. What is it they hope to accomplish (because if it's the excuse of "making sure no one else does the same thing," yeah I think we all know that at this juncture!) what DO the critics think their "punishment" should be? Because browbeating them is accomplishing nothing at this point.

As if they haven't already been punished enough...

The only thing I hoped to accomplish by bringing up their parenting choices (other than the usual attempt to reassure myself that this particular incident would never happen to me) was to try to identify the abductor.

If Madeline was left only after she and the twins fell asleep and the parents were truly a very short distance away and checked on them frequently, and if they hadn't done this before, then that really makes one wonder who had the opportunity to take her. How did the person know when they would leave? How did he know they would leave at all? How did he know they wouldn't interrupt him?

But if they did this on a fairly regular basis (as it seems they may have) and left for dinner at a certain time to meet a group at a certain resaurant that was close but not just next door, and if they checked every half hour to an hour, depending on the course of dinner they were on, and if they sometimes didn't actually come all of the way in to check but just peeked in through the open french doors to see that all of the little sleeping heads were still in their beds...well that's a different story altogether.

Yes, Maddie is still missing, but the type of person who would stalk them versus a spontaneous abductor who happened to notice the parents leave the room without the children and just acted on an impulse are two totally different scenarios. I assume the police would create different profiles of these people.

So there is some point to knowing exactly what the pattern was.

I think we all feel for the Mom and Dad.........it is just a horror to have to go through. They must feel so lost, and bewildered.
I think that most of us are just stunned.
I'd never leave a two year old alone, no less.........I wouldn't leave a three year old alone.......I am betting neither would anyone on this thread.
What about fire? What if a stranger comes to the door? What if the two year olds wake for a bottle, or awake sick.
Not to be a critic........I just don't think most of us would do this.
Not until upwards of .........probably over 10 possiably........more like eleven or twelve. Even then its a bit scarey...........
It is just so strange that they are both doctors and felt that this was ok.......
But, I pray for them and Maddie that she will be found soon......

I think we all feel for the Mom and Dad.........it is just a horror to have to go through. They must feel so lost, and bewildered.
I'd never leave a two year old alone, no less.........I wouldn't leave a three year old alone.......I am betting neither would anyone on this thread.
What about fire? What if a stranger comes to the door? What if the two year olds wake for a bottle, or awake sick.
Not until upwards of .........probably over 10 possiably........more like eleven or twelve. Even then its a bit scarey...........
It is just so strange that they are both doctors and felt that this was ok.......
I agree, remember the thread a few months back about the young boy, I think he was 5. His father was working overtime at his job and locked the door at night when he left and a fire started and that poor baby burned to death. How horrific. This is so terrible. I would NEVER leave my son alone.

I agree, remember the thread a few months back about the young boy, I think he was 5. His father was working overtime at his job and locked the door at night when he left and a fire started and that poor baby burned to death. How horrific. This is so terrible. I would NEVER leave my son alone.

My children are 13, 10 & 8, and we wouldn't leave them alone unless it was just to run down the street for a second...with the 13 yo in charge of course. Never in a strange place and certainly not in a foreign country. I, too, have wondered about what these parents thought might happen if one of these kids woke up, and woke the others...

I think these parents probably, both being doctors, have nannies for their kids back in the UK and were not thinking straight b/c they probably were not used to much hands-on care of their own children. JMHO.

My children are 13, 10 & 8, and we wouldn't leave them alone unless it was just to run down the street for a second...with the 13 yo in charge of course. Never in a strange place and certainly not in a foreign country. I, too, have wondered about what these parents thought might happen if one of these kids woke up, and woke the others...

I think these parents probably, both being doctors, have nannies for their kids back in the UK and were not thinking straight b/c they probably were not used to much hands-on care of their own children. JMHO.
I think you are right.

But in light of what they did, would you write a beautiful poem for little Madeleine, please. :blowkiss:

(Unless i'm horrbly mistaken, you wrote a beautiful poem for Michelle Fisher's Cassidy?)

The only thing I hoped to accomplish by bringing up their parenting choices (other than the usual attempt to reassure myself that this particular incident would never happen to me) was to try to identify the abductor.

If Madeline was left only after she and the twins fell asleep and the parents were truly a very short distance away and checked on them frequently, and if they hadn't done this before, then that really makes one wonder who had the opportunity to take her. How did the person know when they would leave? How did he know they would leave at all? How did he know they wouldn't interrupt him?

But if they did this on a fairly regular basis (as it seems they may have) and left for dinner at a certain time to meet a group at a certain resaurant that was close but not just next door, and if they checked every half hour to an hour, depending on the course of dinner they were on, and if they sometimes didn't actually come all of the way in to check but just peeked in through the open french doors to see that all of the little sleeping heads were still in their beds...well that's a different story altogether.

Yes, Maddie is still missing, but the type of person who would stalk them versus a spontaneous abductor who happened to notice the parents leave the room without the children and just acted on an impulse are two totally different scenarios. I assume the police would create different profiles of these people.

So there is some point to knowing exactly what the pattern was.

Thank you for your reasonable explanation. My comments were more directed to those who have nothing to say other than criticizing the parents repeatedly with no other input or comments regarding the case (I don't consider you in that category).

Nonetheless, I do appreciate your comments. :)

I hate that there is no news today. I was really hoping for a break on this case over the weekend. :(

Many professional couples I know, will take their nanny with them when they go on vacation.

Here we have 2 very busy professionals trying to have a vacation with 3 small kids. That's a lot of work!

Many professional couples I know, will take their nanny with them when they go on vacation.

Here we have 2 very busy professionals trying to have a vacation with 3 small kids. That's a lot of work!

Yes!! Assuming they did have a nanny, I wonder why they did not bring her with them?

praying constantly for Maddie.

This is how the baby of Charles Lindbergh was kidnapped, and that was years ago before traffic, TV's, etc. A ladder was placed to an upper floor window. The parents did not hear a thing.

Actually, they did hear something (a sound like a "crate breaking") which was the kidnapper's ladder breaking. However, the Lindbergh's were relying on their dog to alert them for intruders, and the dog was at the other end of the house and did not bark. Maybe I wouldn't hear anything either if I was in a house a big as the Lindbergh's, but I'm not likely to ever be!

I guess I will concede that it can happen. Two years ago here in Australia a little girl was taken from her bed - the kidnapper cut the wire screen in the window above the bed and took her, and no one heard anything - including the 3 other children who were asleep in the same bed. She has never been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie