The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay GA saw them leave at 12:50, he leaves home sometime before 3, CALLED CASEY at 3:03, never states why, then Casey starts the flurry of calls around 4. Hinky! Add Casey telling LE she dropped of Caylee sometime between 9 and 1. Hinky! Anyone gota an answer to these things?

Yes, here's my answer based on the detailed timeline from acandyrose.

On 6/16/08, Caylee was seen at the Casselberry Walmart at 4:00 PM obviously alive. I seriously doubt that FCA killed her at Walmart and the 3-4 calls to GA/CA started at 4:10, most likely from the Walmart parking lot. So GA's call to FCA at 3:03 was when Caylee was alive. My suspicion is that FCA was checking with GA/CA to see if either of them were home and not at work.

The suspicious time for me on 6/16 was 4:25 PM - 6:31 PM.

FCA also told LE that she dropped Caylee off on 6/9. Read her official statement. So dropping Caylee off between 9 and 1 on 6/9 was another crock of poo pooas Caylee went to see her great-grandfather on 6/15.

No, that's not true. If I leave my child at day care and something happens, the day care is responsible. If you leave your child unattended while in YOUR care, you are responsible. I believe logicalgirl was speaking of "legal" guardianship as a parent but not necessarily the caregiver at the time. Thus, the "nanny" kidnapping story.

No, this is what she posted:

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.

I take that to mean that it doesn't matter who's watching your kid, you are still ultimately responsible for the child and like you said, I don't think that's accurate.

I disagree with the verdict....
and the laws of opening statements must be changed... or add " opening statements are not evidence and may be a total fabrication of the truth, or a flat out lie designed to confuse you.."

I agree, opening statements should have restrictions. It should be stipulated that it is not "story telling time". If you spit it out, you better have the facts to back it up or be charged in contempt of court.

Yes, here's my answer based on the detailed timeline from acandyrose.

On 6/16/08, Caylee was seen at the Casselberry Walmart at 4:00 PM obviously alive. I seriously doubt that FCA killed her at Walmart and the 3-4 calls to GA/CA started at 4:10, most likely from the Walmart parking lot. So GA's call to FCA at 3:03 was when Caylee was alive. My suspicion is that FCA was checking with GA/CA to see if either of them were home and not at work.

The suspicious time for me on 6/16 was 4:25 PM - 6:31 PM.

FCA also told LE that she dropped Caylee off on 6/9. Read her official statement. So dropping Caylee off between 9 and 1 on 6/9 was another crock of poo pooas Caylee went to see her great-grandfather on 6/15.

Was the fact that she was alive when she went to Walmart somehow illustrated to the jury? I'm trying to figure how to state presented the timeline (specifically what went on 6/16) to the jury?

No, this is what she posted:

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.

I take that to mean that it doesn't matter who's watching your kid, you are still ultimately responsible for the child and like you said, I don't think that's accurate.

Agreed. Although, you are expected to act "responsibly" when choosing who you drop your kid off to! Dropping your kid off at the bottom of the concrete stairs of an apartment complex to a babysitter/nanny that doesn't exist does not constitute a "responsible" parent. That said, I can see where the "child neglect" charge came from in the eyes of LE.

From his depo, Pg. 11 and 12 regarding a phone call to KC:

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_GeorgeAnthony080408.html

As far as her flurry of calls, who knows, probably desperate for a babysitter or an alibi. As far as CAsey telling LE she dropped off Caylee simetime between 9 and 1? That's a pretty wide gap to NOT know when you dropped your child off. Hinky? You betcha!......but then what isn't hinky about everything she says?

Exactly. However, I don't see any reference in that depo of the first story told to GVS about him opening the trunk instead of Casey. The video of that interview is apparent that he says that.

Was the fact that she was alive when she went to Walmart somehow illustrated to the jury? I'm trying to figure how to state presented the timeline (specifically what went on 6/16) to the jury?

I believe that's where the prosecution faltered. Hated to even say that but, in hindsight with this jury, that entire day should have been spelled out for them. Maybe then they would have been able to picture in their minds, Caylee alive at 4pm, Casey showed up at Blockbuster w/Tony around 7pm. Caylee not seen after 4pm by anyone other than Casey.

I don't believe so and I'm not sure why ...the most likely scenario to me is that FCA chloroformed Caylee between 4:25 - 6:31 PM on 6/16, put in the trunk either alive or dead, went to TL's and then BB Video, and then forgot about Caylee until the next morning at 11:30 am when she found her dead in the trunk.

I thinking the sighting at Walmart was discredited. IIRC. Not positive. However, the PT did not go there. It was not presented in their timeline.

Exactly. However, I don't see any reference in that depo of the first story told to GVS about him opening the trunk instead of Casey. The video of that interview is apparent that he says that.

You asked the question. I steered you to the depo. What he told GVS I'm not aware of so I can't even address that. What he told LE was under oath, so you take your pick. Which version do you think was closer to the truth and my question to you is this. Why do you have so much suspicion of GA? He wasn't the one on trial here. His daughter was and was known to be an absolute "DIABOLICAL" liar,.....not him.

I thinking the sighting at Walmart was discredited. IIRC. Not positive. However, the PT did not go there. It was not presented in their timeline.

There was no video available, but I'm not aware it was discredited.

You asked the question. I steered you to the depo. What he told GVS I'm not aware of so I can't even address that. What he told LE was under oath, so you take your pick. Which version do you think was closer to the truth and my question to you is this. Why do you have so much suspicion of GA? He wasn't the one on trial here. His daughter was and was known to be an absolute "DIABOLICAL" liar,.....not him.

First, my question was simply why does GA change his story? the video of that interview is up thread here. Second, they ALL lie and lie again. When you have a "missing" child, why lie? Everyone agrees that Casey lied to cover up. Then why is it so outragous to infer that GA lies to cover up?

The evidence mentioned above was not available matching for soil samples to FCA shoes, or clothing. By the time FCA was "done with the disposal" the actual shoes and clothing she wore was most likely discarded somewhere away from the swamp and the A's home.
I would not believe that CA and GA cleaned those items, nor did they see them later. If they had they would have been disposed everything to eliminate any trace evidence. So when LE got FCA's clothing and shoes to test, it was a waste of time. It's not as if she only owned a few pairs of shoes.
Ca and GA began covering up for FCA from the day that car was back at their home. Some of the evidence that should have been recovered was long gone by the time LE got that car. I bet the vacuum used to clean out the car was disposed of too, since LE never found the one first used which probaby had more hair and insect evidence.

First, my question was simply why does GA change his story? the video of that interview is up thread here. Second, they ALL lie and lie again. When you have a "missing" child, why lie? Everyone agrees that Casey lied to cover up. Then why is it so outragous to infer that GA lies to cover up?

I'm going to go look at the video you're speaking of and hope it doesn't take me pages to sift through to find it. It's not outrageous to infer that GA lies but, I sometimes wonder with all the scrutiny that he has been through, how much detail can you be grilled on without making a mistake. Before looking at the video, what I do know is this. GA's emotions towards his grandaughter were raw and real when speaking about Caylee's demise, not when anyone was speaking of him. I cannot say the same thing about his daughter. Be back soon.

IIRC correctly, the discrepancy with James Thompson's statement was that he saw FCA around lunchtime, which for him was ~4 PM if you work noon-9 PM or so. Thompson also seemed a little taken by FCA as he mentioned "cleavage" in describing her outfits for the two days he saw her. I'm sure the State envisioned Baez discrediting him for that part of the statement.

I agree, opening statements should have restrictions. It should be stipulated that it is not "story telling time". If you spit it out, you better have the facts to back it up or be charged in contempt of court.

After this trial, I think both the sides should have to submit their opening remarks to the judge before and and show what evidence they will present to support thier cliams at least in general terms.

Found it. Copied his words from the interview. Is this what you are referring to?

GEORGE ANTHONY: And I said, Really? She says, yes. I said, Interesting. And I just said, Hey, by the way, I said, I'm getting ready to rotate your mom's tires on her car. There's a little metal wedge that fits underneath your tires so your car doesn't rock back and forth. And I said, Well, I'd like to have it, so in case you're not here over the weekend, I'd like to be able to do it.

She was hesitant about letting me get in the car. And I said, Well, listen, I got an extra key. I'll just go get it. Well, she was adamant about -- about that.

VAN SUSTEREN: What, not letting you into the car?

GEORGE ANTHONY: Yes, didn't want me to get into the car to get the stuff out. Dad, I'll get it for you. Dad, I'll get it out. I said, It's no problem. I know where it's at. I'll get it, get it out and be done with it.

So as we're walking out through the garage, she's still telling me, Dad, I'll get it. Give me a minute, I'll get it. I said, Casey, I'm capable of reaching inside your car, and I got it. So -- and she opened up the trunk of the car...

Actually, the video differs in this way.....in the last statement in the video he states this.

So -- AS she opened up the trunk of the car...

I disagree with the verdict (on the neglect charge) but I can actually probably answer this with regard to murder 1.

1. Have the evidence that put Casey at the dump scene. This could be as simple as soil samples on shoes/car that matched soil at the dump site, internet search of the dump site, etc.

2. Have evidence of chloroform (not just air analysis) or ingredients of chloroform.

3. Narrow down time of death a little bit more so that you can isolate Casey's whereabouts.

4. Have more credible people around Casey (family members) who can substantiate their whereabouts during TOD. (this would of been impossible in this case btw).

Just off the top of my head.

LE had amassed plenty of circumstantial evidence. A lot of it was deemed "prejudicial" and could not be presented to the jury. This worked out for the DT. They should have been taken to the car, and to the place where Caylee Marie was recovered, bone by tiny bone.
FCA surely disposed of her clothing and shoes somewhere after her hike to the swamp site where she dumped a few things cluttering up her life. I am surprised that any trace evidence was still found, like the hair with the death band and the stain on the trunk liner.

Raising?......I didn't see that throughout the trial. Supporting?......yes, I agree but, that does not make them Caylee's legal guardian, i.e., primary caregiver.

Has something been taken out of context with what I said or did I put it down wrong? There is no way GA or CA could be considered Caylee's caregiver. FCA was her only legal guardian at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth