MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe mom is lying about checking on Lisa at 10:30. That would make her look like a bad mom for not checking on her since she put her down at 7:30.

Some dogs (Max, I'm talking about you) will bark at the wind, or even nothing at all, While others (Apple) will only bark when promted to by another dog and some seldome bark (Rustee). However, dogs pick up on scents very readily, and anyone breaking into the family home would be putting off phermones (sp?) and sweat while in the process of a crime. Most if not all dogs would pick up on this scent and know something is aloof, and would bark. Mind you there are exceptions to every rule, but even the meekest of dogs will bark if they sense danger to the family. JMHO!

My dog wouldn't bark in the house if his life depended on it. Not sure why, but he has never even growled in the house. However, if he is outside will raise a ruckus at anything the moves.

Ok as far as the monitor thing goes....I have 5 kids and monitors did'nt exist when I started having mine. However, the crib was always located in MY room up until at least 1 yr of age. I guess I don't even get that she had her own room!

lol. Jaxson, me too! Monitors had just come out, but I didn't have one. I did however, have a bassinet. Both of mine slept in the bassinet, in my room until they were too big for it. My babies just weren't all that far from me, even at night. I think we're in the minority though.

I think the thing that sets me off the most is the all the lights being on, and dad thinks that is unusual. Why does he think this is unusual, if this is the first time he's worked that late?

What kind of intruder turns the lights on? Usually, lights are turned off, even broken or disabled, by someone trying to sneak in the cover of darkness. If Jeremy didn't normally work nights, how did the intruder know this was the night? Stealing a sleeping, sick baby from their crib in an occupied house, doesn't strike me as a crime of opportunity.

Seems high-risk with little reward. High likelihood of getting caught, and what's the payoff?

I agree with norest4thewicked, Websleuths is THE place to be, all those guests lurking down there should consider joining and giving us your thoughts.

If you've been lurking and watching you are probably learning that we often disagree and have differing views but we all respect one another and appreciate everyone's varied opinions.

Sometimes we all have to agree to disagree, but there is no better place than Websleuths for respectful debate and exchanging viewpoints.

:wave: to guests, jump on in, the water's fine.

We're just 'going to the dogs' a bit tonight BUT we don't bite. :floorlaugh:

:greetings:

You are not alone in the worst mom ever category secretagent. Many of us here are discovering we are not very good mommies.

Another thing I think about? If something ever happened to my daughter I would blame myself. When she slips like she did today and ended up with a bad scratch on her nose, I felt guilty.

So if something like this ever happened, I wonder if my blaming myself/guilt would come across on a lie detector test as being an untruth- like when they ask DID YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DAUGHTER;S DISAPPEARANCE? I would think I was ultimately responsible for not protecting her...would that come across in a lie detector

The "how" of any scenario involving the mother is the problem for me.

Did she leave her two sons while she ran out to the dump?

Discover that in a big fight or in an overdose, she had killed her daughter, and somehow - no evidence how - contacted her brother to help, and no one saw his car, and the boys slept through everything, and he's flunked a polygraph too?

I mean, please help out here with what *could* have happened, realistically, in terms of body disposal of this child - if she did NOT drive off with an abductor. I am genuinely interested in people saying what they think could actually have happened. Without a magic carpet or ESP to the brother. Is there a fourth cell phone on which she called him?

Because I'm just not seeing a scenario in which the dogs wouldn't bark, the kids wouldn't wake up (and tell the cops about it), and the neighbors wouldn't be alerted to a car pulling in and out in the middle of the night.

Yes, the six year old is her son, the eight year old is Jeremy's son.

I wonder if there were any struggles with favoritism with the two kids. Blended families can sometimes be difficult.

Didn't she say at one point the kids used to always sleep with her when they were little? Something like that....yet, she only had one of them when they were little. Does she just make it up as she goes?

My dog never barks at people or cats. He's a shep-pit. He does bark at squirrels. With children growing up and staying out until late at night, my dog pays no attention to anyone coming in the house.

imo

I have a Boston Terrier who has barked very little...she has probably barked 10 times in her life and those are brief....like if someone walks up to the door and startles her...otherwise nada....doesn't matter if all the dogs in the neighborhood bark not her...now she will whimper,lol. I used to wonder if something was wrong with her vocal cords until she finally barked...and when she does it is just a short bark...no woof woof woof here,lol.

There are pictures of Lisa at her brother's birthday party earlier on the day she was kidnapped.

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of kids that disappear, disappear after parties?

as far as i know, cadaver dogs only pick up decomp, decomp needs time :twocents:
Decomp starts immediately. HRD dogs can pick up scent on surfaces that have come in contact with a deceased just minutes after death, and for no longer than 5-10 minutes.

I wish we knew which kind of K-9's were used.

BI didn't say all the lights in the house were on. It was never said that bedroom lights were on. He was talking about what he saw when he entered the house.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/0...rents-missing-baby-cooperative/#ixzz1aFdHKmmA
[/QUOTE]

true, saying I saw all the lights on does not have to mean every light in the home was burning. We need to remember that when people speak or retell an event, they are not choosing each word carefully thinking that each word must be the most accurate but rather may be trying to relive it and describe their thought process at the time.

If I come home and find half the lights on in the house I may hollar our "hey! Who left all the lights on? Do you think money grows on trees?" even though I did not find ALL the lights on but rather some.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of kids that disappear, disappear after parties?

Sadly, I thought that too. Polly Klaas and the slumber party, Caylee Anthony.

I'm still trying to figure out why people who cheated on their husbands would be on the parents' suspect list...

I think we are getting to a very touchy place in these threads. Sleuth and discuss the facts as we know them and the comments by the parents . But we are getting a tad cranky and snotty in some of our remarks about the parents who are not yet named a suspect. We don't need to be snarky that part is tiresome.

Go ahead and discuss the facts and contemplate based on our own life experiences but lets not get snarky in our remarks please. THANKS

Post lands at random.

Well, if it was a staged kidnapping, they surely didn't didn't put much thought into it. Lights on all over the house does not sound like an intruder scenario. And why not say, I heard the dog bark but I rolled over and went back to sleep? Cover stories are intended to answer questions, not create them. So then I come around to thinking that something was going on when the dad drove up, and mom dived in the bed. But then there are those darn lights. :banghead:

But if dad had already driven up to the house and she began to run around the house switching the lights off, he would see the lights going off from the outside and would never believe that she was asleep.

I thought I ran across a physic part of this site, anyone have a link? Just wondering what may be going on there.

I have a Boston Terrier who has barked very little...she has probably barked 10 times in her life and those are brief....like if someone walks up to the door and startles her...otherwise nada....doesn't matter if all the dogs in the neighborhood bark not her...now she will whimper,lol. I used to wonder if something was wrong with her vocal cords until she finally barked...and when she does it is just a short bark...no woof woof woof here,lol.

lol I know exactly what you mean. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member