LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
boxcutters are just used to cut cardboard boxes. it can't really cause life threatening injuries unless you slice an artery in the neck or wrist, which would be hard to do in a struggle. so therefore not a very good self defense weapon as it would only cause superficial injuries unless you're lucky

220px-Box-cutter.jpg

IMO, that's a utility knife. Having both a background in art and retail, I am familiar with both.

To me, this is a box cutter. It holds a single edge razor.

kVVYJ.jpg

I agree but only if there is enough pressure, the cut was on a major artery or there isn’t a struggle i.e. a 220 pound male holding/pinning her down compared to 100 pound female. I from experience no that even if you try as hard as you can with a sharp object to injure your attacker (attacker being a male who is 10 times stronger then a female) you will only make superficial wounds. IMP and experience

I'd say a cut from ear to ear would do it. Even with a small blade.
I fear if she stabbed him, that's exactly what BSL did.
I shudder just thinking about it.

Sticking it straight in won't do much...
not to a 220 pound mad man... :(

Another pic of box cutter
5vZje.jpg

eta: its flat and small, easy to stash in pocket or wallet.

snip

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide.

Current Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details.

Investigative files on open cases are not public record. Lavergne has never been arrested on any charges in Acadia Parish, according to the criminal court record.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/ful...eath-of-a-young-woman?instance=home_news_lead

Old Steve, any more info on this?

I just saw a post from Texas Equusearch's facebook page saying that they are back in Lafayette searching for Mickey and that no volunteers will be used on searches. I would link but am on an iphone and don't know how to.

If they are back it sure sounds like thy have an area pinned down.
Maybe they were able to track his movements by GPS/OnStar.

Based on his MO alone I really think he took her back to
his place. Where ever he was just prior to going to the hospital
and shortly after he returned is where she is.

imo

There was a captain of Sayeret Matkal, Israel's special anti-terror and assassin unit, on flight 11. His name was Captain Daniel Lewin. Out of every 2500 Israelis who try to make this unit, only 25 make it and one is chosen captain. Captain Lewin could reportedly bench press more than 300 pounds and squat nearly 500. Yet, he was reportedly killed by Satam al-Suqami, one of the skinniest highjackers, armed only with a box cutter.

That being said, my guess is the injury on Lavergne's kneck was caused by Shunick desperately grabbing and, out of desperation and with a rush of adrenalin, pulling and actually causing a deep tear in his skin.

the terrorist i'm sure were trained. Mickey was not trained. I think that makes all the difference.

I agree but only if there is enough pressure, the cut was on a major artery or there isn’t a struggle i.e. a 220 pound male holding/pinning her down compared to 100 pound female. I from experience no that even if you try as hard as you can with a sharp object to injure your attacker (attacker being a male who is 10 times stronger then a female) you will only make superficial wounds. IMP and experience

i agree

I just saw a post on Katc facebook from yesterday that someone saw Texas Equusearch searching on 187 in Church point. Does anyone know if Equusearch is officially back searching? Or was the poster mistaking volunteers for Equusearch?

It's likely that TE is in the area for this young man.
http://texasequusearch.org/2012/07/missing-dylan-boudreaux-18-yrs-st-martinsville-la-071012/

Or was in the area for Dylon, and changed to help find Mickey.

Definitely here for Mickey: https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery

Not sure its been posted yet but I saw on the find Mickey now Facebook page Texas equisearch is back assisting le. Can't post link I'm on my cell

http://texasequusearch.org/2012/07/missing-dylan-boudreaux-18-yrs-st-martinsville-la-071012/

Maybe! He has only been missing 4 days. That's a quick response!

EDIT: nevermind...
"07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY"
http://texasequusearch.org/category/missing/active/

Definitely here for Mickey: https://www.facebook.com/texasequusearchandrecovery

07/14/12 — Texas EquuSearch has returned to Lafatette, LA to assist Lafayetted Police Department in locating Mickey Shunick. We will be using Texas EquuSearch members ONLY. No civilian volunteers will be allowed to search with us on this search.

http://texasequusearch.org/

Respectfully snipped:
the terrorist i'm sure were trained. Mickey was not trained. I think that makes all the difference.

Considering Mickey was carrying defensive spray and was said to carry a box cutter - perhaps she was trained to some extent. Anyone know?

For some reason, I'm thinking Mickey was unable to do much after be struck down from her bike. Perhaps she realized that she out of earshot and too weak to run, so she decided to play unconscious till she had the best chance to use her box cutter on this .
A box cutter is very easy to carry, and you can keep the blade retraced so if you fall off your bike you don't stab yourself... also, not sure about law saying it's a weapon since blade is small... (should google that...)

This is gonna sound sad, but if my son committed a crime, I would NOT stand by him. I know that's crazy but I'm married to a cop & he's been in LE for 35 + yrs. & he would stand by the decision not to support him either. In fact, I actually thought this sounded like something he would do; he's been a hell-boy since he was 4, a liar, thief, druggie all before he was 15. He was adopted by me (the step mom) my hubby is his dad & birth momma died when he was 12 (birth mom & my hubby never married but he fought for his rights) but at 15 relations were so strained I don't know how we made it to 18...he left April 1, 2012 & since he was "sneaking" to Lafayette while he was up suppose to be in class I would have turned him in if I hadn't seen an alibi for him.

Anyway...I was a teacher after Katrina & Rita; many of our "transplants" were "My baby don't do wrong kids". Im sure this young man felt just like my "son" still does, everybody owes him cuz real momma died...

This is very sad. So many kids that lose their primary caregiver do turn to the streets. Especially if they don't have someone that steps in and provides the same type of support and love they recieved from the primary caregiver.

Im so glad to see the rumors are being addressed. They do us no good and just delays what we are all after: To find Mickey and give her family some closure. I for one, know how it is to loose a loved one from foul play. With no answers and what ifs I think not having recovery of a body is the most difficult part. It took 3 years to find what little we did of my daddy: which was what helped identify him (his jaw bone and shoulder) It still pains me to know that somewhere up in no mans land is the rest of him. So with that said: I think we should all put are heads together and come up with possible areas they should search. The investigators said to call in any thing that the public might have (locations) so we can put this beauty to rest. JMO off course God bless you Mick and Shunicks. One day, you will have the answers you seek, for now BRING MICKEY HOME NOW!
Very sorry to hear about your Dad. May he rest in peace.

I was up all night thinking about Mickey and BSL (i hate to even have their names in the same sentence). While on this thought I wondered why he would use WB, and then on to think of DTL. I know Trineisha Dene Colomb was not found at WB, but on Renaud DR. in Scott, just a little distance from where my husband works. Then it reminded me of the field where Dene was found. So I started searching when I woke up this morning.
If you take the little walkie man down Renaud DR. on E on the map you can see where Dene's Cross is. Maybe this would be a good place to search. If he took Bertrand going out of Lafayette.
http://goo.gl/maps/8uwc

I agree and had thought of this before. Seems he may be a DTL "fan." I wanna puke just typing that...

snip

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide.

Current Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details.

Investigative files on open cases are not public record. Lavergne has never been arrested on any charges in Acadia Parish, according to the criminal court record.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/ful...eath-of-a-young-woman?instance=home_news_lead

I wish we knew her name. She may even have a thread here on WS already.

I'm going to try to see if I can find out something about unsolved murders in Acadia Parish in 1999.

I agree and had thought of this before. Seems he may be a DTL "fan." I wanna puke just typing that...

Wasn't Dene taken from Grand Coteau's St. Charles Cemetery? That is where his stepfather was buried. Obit is available at Duson Funeral Home website.

I wish we knew her name. She may even have a thread here on WS already.

I'm going to try to see if I can find out something about unsolved murders in Acadia Parish in 1999.

I was hoping Old Steve could help with more info.

True...
Think about it for a min. He is stabbed and driving a truck that a murder possibly occured in. He is going to try and stay off the highways as much as possible!

IMO he'd take the road less traveled! I'd also say he did NOT travel back towards the abduction location...

He went the looonnngg way.
:seeya:
this is the direction I think he went... I know it's highway but I wouldn't know what side roads go where.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=R...on+Highway&t=h&mra=dvme&mrsp=1&sz=9&via=1&z=9

Also The Huey? Bridge was closed all weekend... so he may have had to take an alternate route.
~speculation...

He could have used the lulling bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members