CT - Woman left child in 140-degree car to get nails done

BunnyHop

Former Member
Reaction score
A witness first called police.

“No emotions, she wasn’t upset,” said Cao, who is an employee at Lena’s Nails II.

Cao was on break when she spotted the child. Cao said she waited briefly and wanted to give the caretaker the benefit of the doubt. After a few minutes, she went back in the packed Lena’s Nails II to make an important announcement.

“I said to everyone, ‘Is that your kid in the car? Before I call police, because I don’t want anyone to get in trouble,'” Cao said. “And she was still bickering about her nails.”

Adrienne Belyeu was a customer in salon at the time and Cao asked her if it was her child.

“She kept asking people here and nobody responded,” Belyeu said.

http://fox6now.com/2014/07/29/police-woman-left-child-in-140-degree-car-to-get-nails-done/

Fwiw, I don't believe this mother for one second that she forgot her child was in the car. She went to get her nails done - what was the plan for the child?

I'm surprised the worker even made the announcement. I would have just called the cops immediately or broken the window.

Maybe that's because I'm so sick of all these babies being left in hot cars.

I wanted to get her name and picture in the thread. I love how she doesn't even look at the camera

Rosheenamarie Francis, 28 years old

**Warning: Snarky comment below**

She should have gone to a HAIR salon instead of the nail salon

Attachments

• roshee.png
    roshee.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 124
I don't understand why a 6 year old can't open a door and get out. Seriously, is it the new locks or something else. Was he special needs? I hope he is ok.

All posts are MOO

Thank God this child is okay - this time. I am left to ask, after seeing these stories over and over again, WHY do some people even have children? Why don't they use birth control? Why do they place more value on say, getting their nails done, than on the life on their child? Why, Why, Why???

Why couldn't she just bring him into the waiting room of the salon? What was the need to leave him in a hot car when he could have sat in a chair and scribbled in old magazines?

I don't understand why a 6 year old can't open a door and get out. Seriously, is it the new locks or something else. Was he special needs? I hope he is ok.

All posts are MOO

Child safety locks? In my car if I hit the switch the rear doors can not be opened from the inside, but the front doors can be. I am surprised he didn't hop the seat to get out though. My four year old will hop the seat and follow me out that way if I'm just taking too long to get to her door. (Grabbing bags or looking for something, ect) I didn't consider special needs. What popped into my mind was that maybe he was more afraid of punishment than staying in the hot car.

This whole thing is sickening.

All posts are MOO

I can almost guarantee he was afraid to :(

Thank God this child is okay - this time. I am left to ask, after seeing these stories over and over again, WHY do some people even have children? Why don't they use birth control? Why do they place more value on say, getting their nails done, than on the life on their child? Why, Why, Why???

If you have a child you get a check, and even free food. If you know how to work/play the system you can get a place to live. You have to stay single and have kids then you get the other stuff for free. The more kids the more stuff you get. idk jmo

over 30 years ago my cousin was told that when her child was school age she would be expected to get a job....... unless she had another baby, the lady said.

I wanted to get her name and picture in the thread. I love how she doesn't even look at the camera

Rosheenamarie Francis, 28 years old

**Warning: Snarky comment below**

She should have gone to a HAIR salon instead of the nail salon

bbm
:seeya::silly::lol:

Why can people like this be blessed with the gift of having children?!? I have a young family member who will never know the joys of feeling a baby growing in her belly because of cancer, yet this joke of a mother can? And she chose to leave her kid in a car to get her freaking nails done??? I can take pity on the mother who left her kids for a job interview, at least her end goal was still taking care of her kids even though she made a horrible decision that endangered their lives. This mothers goal was to have her nails done! Ugh. People never fail to disappoint.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back