Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Madeline Kelly Edman

Endangered Runaway

Missing From: La Crosse, Wisconsin

Missing Since: July 29, 2005

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'4" -- Weight: 100 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Left - Brown / Right - Blue

Madeline has a scar on her right thigh, a mark below her navel, a tattoo of the letters TC on her right ankle, a tattoo of a heart on her left hip, and a tattoo of a cross on her right arm.

Madeline was last seen in La Crosse, Wisconsin on July 29, 2005. She is believed to have left of her own accord.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

M86, I'm pretty sure I have seen Madeline on the rule out list for that Jane Doe actually, but thanks for the insight.

Madeline's family, or at least her grandmother, do not believe she is missing:

"Her sister's friends and other people I know have seen her, like at Wal-Mart or at the doctor's office, and they told me that they seen her,” said Madeline’s grandmother, Maureen Edman.

http://www.news8000.com/news/family-missing-daughter-not-lost/22819726

You'd think that one of these people who had supposedly seen Madeline would have approached her and spoken with her. I know I would if I saw a friend who had been missing for eight years just wandering around Wal-Mart.

Madeline's Charley Project page doesn't have much information. For instance, did Madeline take anything with her such as clothes or treasured possessions? Did Madeline have savings from a part-time job? After all, how does a 15 year old girl just start a new life like that with nothing?

And can anybody verify that Madeline ever reached her home?

What about activity on her social security number? Madeline would be 24 years old now. She has to be living off something.

It really bothers me that Ive never really heard much about Madeline before.
Ive lived 45 min south of La Cross and grew up about an hour north. And never not once have I heard anything about her on the news. Seen pictures or anything.

Its like its no big deal that a 15 year old girl just up and left never to been seen from again. But this a huge deal. Something happen to her and the trail is ice cold. She was 15 and in 9 years she was never once picked up by police..not even a driving ticket? Never got an Id drivers license? Anything? No money...nothing? Just up and left. People say theyve seen her? And no one really seems to care :(

This is my neck of the woods and it bothers me deeply a 15 year old girl has been missing years and only people who seach for it know about it.

I just heard of this case today myself. It really bothers me too that I had never heard of this 15 year old girl going missing before today. I actually live IN La Crosse and have my whole life. And I don't live under a rock.
http://www.news8000.com/news/10-yea...still-puzzled-by-girls-disappearance/34288698
Right!!! I've been threw and have stayed in lax so many times it just blows me away I've never seen anything for her.
Here you live there and havent. Thats crazy.
I don't know who to blame but there is something wrong with this. Even if her family didn't do much she was 15! A child.

The 15-year-old girl went with her mother to a northside laundromat during the summer of 2005. After Madeline Edman walked outside the business, she disappeared. La Crosse police fear the young teen became a victim of human trafficking or murder.Madeline is listed as an endangered runaway. Using DNA technology, authorities have ruled out the possibility that an unidentified female skeleton found in November 2008 in a remote area of Fond du Lac County near Ashford were her remains.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...ho-they-wisconsins-missing-children/98347286/

It seems as though Madeline's home life was likely very problematic. In 2005 her mother was convicted 2 months after Madeline disappeared (see http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Wisconsin/Unsorted-WI/Kathy-A-Edman.20495957.html ). 948.40(1) is intentionally encouraging or contributing to the delinquency of a child. The other statutes on the charge list relate to drug possession, including distribution to a child under 17. In light of such activity it is easy to understand either why she would leave of her own accord or why others may have wanted to make her disappear.

I believe this case can be solved and I believe LE knows the truth and is withholding the information. Families deserve closure.

Facebook Ana Mis

NCMC1063964c1t.jpg

still missing: Jayme Closs has been found, but nearly 50 other children missing from Wisconsin need your help

Update 1/13/2022, still missing:

I'm not sure this info has been posted yet:

<<Madeline's mother passed away in 2010.
Police now believe that it is possible that Madeline may be a victim of human trafficking and that foul play may be involved.
Madeline is biracial and may go by the last name "Acevedo". Madeline was 5’4” tall, and 100 pounds when she went missing. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Her right eye is blue, and she has a scar on her left leg and a mark below her navel. Madeline has multiple tattoos. She has a cross on her right arm, a heart on her left hip, the letters "TC" on her right ankle.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back