AZ AZ - Beaver Creek, Yavapai Co, WhtMale UP10056, 30-50, obese, balding, goatee, Aug'11

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP Case 10056

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10056

Unidentified White male
* Found August 30, 2011 in Yavapai County, AZ
* Estimated Year of Death:

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 30-50 years old
* Approximate Height: 73' estimated
* Distinguishing Characteristics:
Balding, gote; Prior surgery scar on stomach approximately 9" in length on left side of belly. No tattoos on person.
* Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and entered

* Clothing/Jewelry:
Blue tye die t shirt, jeans. Brown t-shirt with logo- "Wide spread Panic" and owl. Probable rock band; Black shoes; Black and red bakpack, black ball cap with Route 66- (Historic Hwy 66 in AZ)

* DNA:
Sample submitted -
Not yet submitted

Case History:
Subject was found deceased near stream bed by other hikers in area. Located off Forest Road 618H in the Beaver Creek camping area. Subject had property nearby and was fully clothed. Subject was overweight and did not appear to be in the area hiking. No identification on person or in property.

Widespread Panic is a hippie jam band similar to the Grateful Dead and Phish. People follow them around the country on tour. It might be a good idea to reach out to the fan community and see if anyone recognizes him.

I'm really new to this so I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. But I went through every state but the northeastern ones on NamUs and couldn't find a match for him. I'm extremely tired though so I could have skipped over him.

Recon uploaded to Namus in November 2019
Thumbnail

Namus says "did not appear to be in the area hiking"... so was he thought to be a tourist (and then where was his vehicle) or living rough? I so dislike these half-bits of information!

Missing Person Exclusions per NamUs UP10056:
Lawerence George Bennett — — —
MP12837 Bruce Evans 12/21/2010 Pima AZ
MP21250 Carl Mau 05/24/2000 Maricopa AZ (x2)
MP3857 Christopher Cochron 2008 Maricopa AZ
MP29240 Cody Lavarnia 08/01/2011 Maricopa AZ
MP28949 Darin Dewey 11/16/2010 Parker TX
MP3916 Lawrence Minter 07/09/2007 Maricopa AZ
MP3934 Leland Torrey 07/27/2009 Maricopa AZ
MP1677 Paul Fugate 01/13/1980 Cochise AZ
MP3937 Phillip Weldon 10/27/2005 Maricopa AZ
MP21350 Randolph Brookshire 1991 Maricopa AZ

MP33108 Rudy Victor 07/21/1974 Arapahoe CO
MP776 Steve Woelfel 06/07/2004 Washington WI

Interesting how they don’t believe he was local, yet the majority of the comparisons (visible to the public) are from Arizona.

I’m no good at finding updates @Laughing ! :p At all lol

James Harvey Stewart went missing from Riceville, TN in either 2005 or 2006, which his NamUs profile states is only an approximation. It's quite the distance to AZ but at the same time he had 6 or so years to get there. You'll notice the physical stats pretty much match up just as they do with many other MPs. What caught my eye when comparing the zoomed in photos are all of the markings on JD's composite appear to match up with the markings (moles, blemishes?) on James' face. Notice the cluster of marks on his right side of his forehead. Also note the mark right above his left eye brow and another above that one near his left temple. They both have a mark right in the middle of their left cheek. His left ear appears to be shaped similarly to James' left ear, too.
ETA - sorry, one physical stat isn't necessarily a match or disqualifier even. James' profile does not mention a scar on his side.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

This guy fits the physical description aside from the hair. The UID is listed as having brown hair and John has blond. The time and distance may be a problem though.
John Jeremy Biesen – The Charley Project
biesen_john.jpg
biesen_john2.jpg
Thumbnail

He looks like a decent potential to me. I think the time might be more of a problem than the distance. I see the facial similarities but I'm not sure about the blonde vs brown hair and JD's balding pattern. John Jeremy doesn't appear to have a receding hair line in those pics. Although those could be pics of him at a younger age. And we all know how random judging hair color can be at times with these profiles.

He looks like a decent potential to me. I think the time might be more of a problem than the distance. I see the facial similarities but I'm not sure about the blonde vs brown hair and JD's balding pattern. John Jeremy doesn't appear to have a receding hair line in those pics. Although those could be pics of him at a younger age. And we all know how random judging hair color can be at times with these profiles.
I know, it’s not entirely convincing. There aren’t too many men listed with those stats. John doesn’t look obese, but he is about the same height and weight at the UID. I wonder how accurate the sketch is. Or if his head was really shaped like that.

I do like James as a match though! He looks much more like the sketch! Especially all the details you pointed out. I’d say he’s definitely worth submitting.

The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office (YCSO) is asking for the public’s help in solving an 11-year-old cold case involving the unidentified body of a white man found on Forest Road 618H in the Beaver Creek area off of Interstate 17 and Highway 179.

photo
Unidentified man’s backpack. (YCSO/Courtesy)
On Aug. 30, 2011, the man died naturally from heart complications, a Yavapai Silent Witness news release reported June 20. The 6-foot, 252-pound man was bald with a brown goatee and had a 9-inch scar on his left abdomen.

photo
Unidentified man’s hat. (YCSO/Courtesy)
“He had no wallet or identification on his person,” the release stated. “Several types of medications were found near the decedent. His clothing included a blue tie-dye shirt, an extra shirt with a logo, a black-and-red backpack, and a hat.”

A business card for a cab company found on the man’s person showed that he was last known to have been picked up at the Flagstaff Amtrak Station at about 12:30 p.m. Aug. 27, 2011. Beaver Creek is located 43 miles east of Prescott.

“The victim was driven to the Beaver Creek area by the cab company,” the release added. “He then provided statements to the cab driver that belied the fact that he was familiar with the Flagstaff and Verde Valley areas.”

Anyone who has information about this case should call Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232 or submit a tip online at yavapaisw.com.

When he was found he was wearing a blue tie-dye shirt, an extra shirt with a logo and a hat, according to the sheriff’s department. He also had a black and red backpack with him. The man had no identification on him, and several types of medication were found near him.

The man was found with this shirt in his possession on Aug. 30, 2011, on Forest Road 618H in the Beaver Creek area near Interstate 17 and State Route 179.

Officers believe the death was due to a naturally caused heart complication.

He was last known to have taken a cab from the Flagstaff Amtrak Station on Aug. 27, 2011, at around 12:30 p.m. to the Beaver Creek area, and the cab driver said the man appeared to be familiar with the Flagstaff and Verde Valley areas, according to the sheriff’s department.

Last edited:
YAVAPAI COUNTY, Ariz. — Officials from the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office are asking the public for help in identifying a body found in the Beaver Creek area more than a decade ago.
On Aug. 30, 2011, officials said a man’s body was found on Forest Road 618H in the Beaver Creek area off I-17 and Highway 179. The man is described as 6 feet tall, 252 pounds and bald with brown facial hair in the form of a goatee. A 9-inch scar was also reportedly visible on the victim’s abdomen.

No wallet or identification were found on the man’s body but several medications were found nearby, officials added. The man was reportedly wearing a blue tie-dye shirt, an extra shirt with a logo, a black and read backpack and a hat.

According to a business card for a cab company found in the victim’s possession, he was last known to be picked up at the Flagstaff Amtrak Station on Aug. 27, 2011, at approximately 12:30 p.m.

The cab company then drove him to the Beaver Creek area, authorities said. The man had allegedly told the cab driver that he was familiar with Flagstaff and Verde Valley areas.
Information on the man's cause of death has not been released and officials are still trying to confirm the identity of the man.
If you have information on this case, you can call Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232 or submit a tip at www.yavapaisw.com.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back