Feline Invasion

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nebraska home invasion, feline style
Strays euthanized, checked for rabies after injuring 3 people

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. - Two stray cats got into a house and attacked three people inside, then were euthanized and checked for rabies, authorities said.

The cats entered Melissa Breva’s house through an open front door on Monday, and attacked two women visitors and a boy, authorities said.

“I thought I had seen it all, but I have never seen anything like this,” Chief of Police Martin Gutschenritter said.

Here is the rest of the story:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17630135/

OMG!!

This reminds me of the cats my nanny had.
Awful little things!! Every day when I got home from school they would be hiding under the bench in the foyer and attack me.

one of my outdoor cats is named "nasty" for a specific reason......he's the nastiest cat ever.....everytime he sees me he thinks i should be feeding him - so if he sees me daytime walking the hood he'll run out and jump at my leg....i have to turn round and yell, "No nasty" to get him off....

My Mum's neighbours cat jumped out and attacked my mums little dog as it was walked on a lead. It bit the dog on its back then attacked my Mums legs. There were bites and claw marks all over her legs. The owner had the cat put down as it had attacked before and there were worries it may harm a child. I have never heard of pet cats behaveing in this way before. The cat was elderly and may have had dementia , according to the vet who euthanized it..

My Mum's neighbours cat jumped out and attacked my mums little dog as it was walked on a lead. It bit the dog on its back then attacked my Mums legs. There were bites and claw marks all over her legs. The owner had the cat put down as it had attacked before and there were worries it may harm a child. I have never heard of pet cats behaveing in this way before. The cat was elderly and may have had dementia , according to the vet who euthanized it..
Thats sad Im a cat lover, and have had cats as far back as I can remember, but when they become aggressive, it has to be dealt with. The cat we have now adopted us, we lost our last cat Kimba about 5 years ago and it broke my heart, I said thats it no more animals, I just get to upset when they die. Sucky Puss as we call this cat was quite feral and very afraid, but after a bit of TLC it is the suckiest puss I have ever known, hence the name.:)

our nasty is quite the feral, also.....scrawny, I think, is a stray....i think she belonged to someone at one point....the feral cats are the hardest to tame but it can be done, with patience....

our nasty is quite the feral, also.....scrawny, I think, is a stray....i think she belonged to someone at one point....the feral cats are the hardest to tame but it can be done, with patience....
Yes it can be done, our feral is now the sweetest, affectionate cat Ive ever known, it even knows the sound of my hubbys car and as soon as he gets home from work Sucky puss is there waiting for him, it is just so cute.:)

At one point pre kids I had 3 cats.But now I only have one his name is Reggie. Reg is 14 years old and it is the longest I have ever had a cat. He runs to meet the car and will follow us down the street for ages....I prefer cats to dogs but on our road they seem to get run over. So when Reg passes I will probably not get another cat. My big dog Hugo hates cats with a passion and would kill Reg if he went into the back garden . I hate this but there is very little i can do. Reggie likes dogs as a rule, he grew up with 2 but they are dead and now he cannot deal with Hugie.
It is sad when cats are forced to just become feral to survive.. I would love a houseful of pusses..

At one point pre kids I had 3 cats.But now I only have one his name is Reggie. Reg is 14 years old and it is the longest I have ever had a cat. He runs to meet the car and will follow us down the street for ages....I prefer cats to dogs but on our road they seem to get run over. So when Reg passes I will probably not get another cat. My big dog Hugo hates cats with a passion and would kill Reg if he went into the back garden . I hate this but there is very little i can do. Reggie likes dogs as a rule, he grew up with 2 but they are dead and now he cannot deal with Hugie.
It is sad when cats are forced to just become feral to survive.. I would love a houseful of pusses..
Me too Kazz, I love cats. Even though we said no more after Kimba we still ended up with a cat, it was meant to be. My hubby calls me cat woman.

same here...if its meant to be.....as a child i was always bringing home stray kittens which my mom made me give away as soon as i found a good home because we couldn't have cats in our apartments.....luckily, the apartments i've lived in since marriage allow cats - i made sure of that! Our house cat - our gingerbread - we got from a bailbondsman whose mouser got out one night and a while later had four kittens......but our outdoor cats have all been older, except i think our skitty (the one who died) was a bit under a year when she came to us.....The cat situation is so sad, really. When I went to the shelter in baltimore city looking for Skitty, I heard the woman at the desk tell someone - we have cats, c ats, and cats - our cages are full of cats- so, although my son is still mourning his skitty i persuaded him to look at the cats up for adoption (on the net) at the shelter, and he was immediately attracted to a scrawny looking young female cat - who is about a year old - was found in a street - so come monday we will see about starting the adoption process for "tilly".....

same here...if its meant to be.....as a child i was always bringing home stray kittens which my mom made me give away as soon as i found a good home because we couldn't have cats in our apartments.....luckily, the apartments i've lived in since marriage allow cats - i made sure of that! Our house cat - our gingerbread - we got from a bailbondsman whose mouser got out one night and a while later had four kittens......but our outdoor cats have all been older, except i think our skitty (the one who died) was a bit under a year when she came to us.....The cat situation is so sad, really. When I went to the shelter in baltimore city looking for Skitty, I heard the woman at the desk tell someone - we have cats, c ats, and cats - our cages are full of cats- so, although my son is still mourning his skitty i persuaded him to look at the cats up for adoption (on the net) at the shelter, and he was immediately attracted to a scrawny looking young female cat - who is about a year old - was found in a street - so come monday we will see about starting the adoption process for "tilly".....
Hope all goes well with your adoption of Tilly, I dont think we have cat shelters as such, we have the RSPCA, an organisation that takes all stray or unwanted animals and you can buy them from there, unfortunately they only keep them for a certain time period and if noone comes to claim or buy them they are put down.

Hope all goes well with your adoption of Tilly, I dont think we have cat shelters as such, we have the RSPCA, an organisation that takes all stray or unwanted animals and you can buy them from there, unfortunately they only keep them for a certain time period and if noone comes to claim or buy them they are put down.
We have 3 big cat and dog shelters here. But there are also privately run shelters... Actually they save quite a lot of cats and kittens. I think all cats need de-sexing and I would never own any cat that was not fixed as it just creates heartache.

We have 3 big cat and dog shelters here. But there are also privately run shelters... Actually they save quite a lot of cats and kittens. I think all cats need de-sexing and I would never own any cat that was not fixed as it just creates heartache.
We havent had ours done yet as he is just getting used to us, but we will when he is used to more people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back