Why deny?

JMO8778

..at the beach!
Reaction score
I'm just going to pose the question,without adding any ideas of my own for now:

Since there is nothing illegal about child pageants,then why would Patsy feel the need to deny the amount of time spent on them?

Since there is nothing illegal about child pageants,then why would Patsy feel the need to deny the amount of time spent on them?

Criticism. That and her friends had already let her know they wished to discuss the mega Jon Benet thing. Mostly though she did not wish to own the criticism that was coming out and wanted it to look more innoccent and took up far less time money and was more innocent regarding the accusations of sexualization and exploitation of Jon Benet. Its that dont hold me accounable thing again IMHO

I would assume Patsy wanted to appear as the perfect mother, especially in the light that her daughter's murdered body was found in the basement of their home. There's no way she wanted anyone to think she was the ultimate stage mother pushing her child into being a sexy little performer on the pageant ciruit. Patsy knew the scrunity she faced when the pageant clips began to appear on TV. It's just another thing she denied in dealing with the death of her daughter.
jmo

JMO8778,

She need not, does she? Except a particpant of the child pageants has been found dead, bludgeoned, and sexually assaulted in her basement.

So whats the connection, the blatant sexualisation of pageant participants, particularly girl children, and JonBenet's then current and past sexual abuse.

Patsy has to play down both otherwise her role becomes obvious, so she adopts the persona of the grieving mother, who is regularly amnesic.

thx everyone,keep on going if you haven't posted on this thread,good ideas !

I would assume Patsy wanted to appear as the perfect mother, especially in the light that her daughter's murdered body was found in the basement of their home. There's no way she wanted anyone to think she was the ultimate stage mother pushing her child into being a sexy little performer on the pageant ciruit. Patsy knew the scrunity she faced when the pageant clips began to appear on TV. It's just another thing she denied in dealing with the death of her daughter.
jmo
My thoughts exactly.

Maybe because PR sensed her friends' disapproval. And maybe because deep inside on some level, she agreed with them. And maybe the pageants were more Nedra's idea than she wanted to admit, and as Nedra herself said when asked what she will say if JBR doesn't want to do pageants. Nedra said "We say to her you WILL do it!"
Maybe PR and her sister's OWN pageant participatiion was more Nedra's idea, as well. Nedra was very overbearing. PR likey had a hard time standing up to her. Nedra wanted that Miss America crown for one of her girls. PR and sister P had missed their chance. JBR was the only girl left. As far as Nedra was concerned, JBR was GOING to win that title! (whether she wanted to or not).

I think she knew how bad it looked.

Incidentally, John, a few days before the last "48 Hours" debacle, told "Entertainment Tonight" that the pageants were a big deal to Patsy and that she did stress it more than she admitted.

JMO8778,

She need not, does she? Except a particpant of the child pageants has been found dead, bludgeoned, and sexually assaulted in her basement.

So whats the connection, the blatant sexualisation of pageant participants, particularly girl children, and JonBenet's then current and past sexual abuse.

Patsy has to play down both otherwise her role becomes obvious,
so she adopts the persona of the grieving mother, who is regularly amnesic.

THAT'S what I was thinking UK...
Actually I agree with ALL the comments here...
but the thing that strikes me the most is when she denied it to Steve Thomas...I think he said something like 'it was the weirdest comment of the day'.Indeed.
So that got me to thinking..the pageants themselves aren't illegal,so why deny the amt of time spent on them?It must be something in connection with the pageants that is the wrongdoing...otherwise,why deny it to LE?
By downplaying the amt of time spent on the pageants,I think she was also trying to minimize the effect of something else in connection to them.IOW,her comments-'oh,we didn't spend much time on the pageants at all ..just a few Sunday afternoons....' ..(therefore,whatever else you've found going on doesn't have anything to do w. them, i.e.-the fact that JB was highly sexualized,dressed and made up to look like a 20 YO,wore provocative clothing and knew sexy moves....etc.).Why else would she be so worried about that?JAT.

Denial and Patsy just go hand in hand. Quick! Off the top of your head, name me one thing that Patsy admitted to!!!

How about admitting to buying the Bloomies. Does that count?

Okay...we have two things that she admitted to...

1. Buying the Bloomies.
2. Being Miss West Virginia...

Not necessarily in THAT order...

Okay...we have two things that she admitted to...

1. Buying the Bloomies.
2. Being Miss West Virginia...

Not necessarily in THAT order...

She admitted on having a normal routine of arising around midnight and checking on JonBenet so she could take JonBenet on a midnight potty run; she admitted not doing it on the night JonBenet was killed. :rolleyes:

P.S. Buying the Bloomies would suggest she had some inkling of where they ended up after she bought them.

She admitted on having a normal routine of arising around midnight and checking on JonBenet so she could take JonBenet on a midnight potty run; she admitted not doing it on the night JonBenet was killed. :rolleyes:

P.S. Buying the Bloomies would suggest she had some inkling of where they ended up after she bought them.

Yes, how convenient! :rolleyes:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd