lankester-cox_stephen2.jpg

Above Images: Lankester-Cox, circa 2004
bar.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: November 18, 2004 from Acworth, Georgia
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: March 13, 1966
Height and Weight: 6'1, 170 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lankester-Cox's nickname is Steve. Some agencies spell his last name without the hypen, as in "Lankester Cox." He has previously fractured his kneecap and his left elbow, and he limps on his right leg. Lankester-Cox has a six-inch scar on his left elbow and metal screws implanted in that elbow. His ears are pierced. He has a tattoo of a crown of thorns on his upper left arm or shoulder, and a tattoo of a rose the upper left part of his chest.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Lankester-Cox was last seen at approximately 10:00 p.m. on November 18, 2004, leaving his residence in the vicinity of Walden Lane and Moss Landing Road in Acworth, Georgia. He was accompanied by another unidentified person at the time. Lankester-Cox has never been heard from again. Authorities believe foul play was involved in Lankester-Cox's disappearance. They received information that he was planning to rob an illegal gambling establishment on the night of his disappearance, and it is believed he was killed during the robbery or shortly afterwards. No one has been charged in his case, however; it remains unsolved.

bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
678-493-4166

bar.jpg
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lankester-cox_stephen.html

This does not sound good. I doubt that Stephen will be found safe, and I hope for resolution in this case. There are so many of our people missing in this country. Thank you georgiagirl for posting Stephen and Clyde's case.

Lion

I believe there is a connection between Stephen Lankester/Cox and Daniel Stewart aka Cowboy.Daniel told his mother he had a cell phone with pictures of Stephen being beaten and knew who had killed him. He called the police and was to meet with them but went missing two days later. The police have told these two mothers their son's are dead but no remains have been found. From all the chatter that has been going around it is my theory that the police do not want to solve these two cases because it may involve one of thier own.

Bump......we have just assigned a Case Manager to this case! :woohoo:

She already has alot of information and she will be joining this forum soon so she can post what she has....

[SIZE=+1]Cherokee County Sheriff's Office[/SIZE]
Press Release
[SIZE=+1]Additional Information Missing Person
Stephen Michael Lankester-Cox [/SIZE]

Acworth, Cherokee County, Ga. December 29, 2004 The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office is seeking any information reference the above missing person. Stephen Lankester-Cox has been missing from his home since November 18, 2004 and it is now believed foul play is connected to his disappearance. The Cherokee Sheriff’s Office investigators have learned Lankester-Cox had planned an armed robbery of an illegal gambling house on the night of his disappearance. Information suggests Lankester-Cox may have been killed during the robbery or afterward. Information indicates the illegal gambling establishment may be located in the Paulding County/Cobb County area. Anyone with information is asked to contact Inv. P. Turcotte @ 678.493.4351 or 678.493.4080.
http://www.cherokeega-sheriff.org/press/archives/2004/press122904.htm

He is missed and he is loved!Body:Stephen has been gone for 32 long long months. There is not a minute goes by that my heart doesn't feel like it is going to break. I miss my son so very much. My arms hurt just to hug him once more and tell him I love him. Stephen was funny and loved to make up song's and sing them to me. I have some of them and I read them all the time. He has a special friend named Rena, She is in a wheel chair and mentaly handicapped and she does not understand why he does not come to see her anymore. He would always cheer her up and make her feel very special."I don't understand" is all she will say. He has a son and a daughter who call almost every day and ask "Have you heard anything about my daddy" and I have to tell them no. I keep hoping that one day soon I will be able to tell them "Yes".

~I spoke with her the other night and we are working on a timeline for Steve. He is presumed to be dead and his mother says she has not even been able to greive for her son since she does not even know what happened to him. This was heart breaking for me to hear.....

This mother needs our help!

Here is the myspace I set up for him: www.myspace.com/helpfindsteve

I will be meeting with Steve's mom on Saturday to put together a timeline...

Please send her a friend request as well as one for Steve's page:

www.myspace.com/helpfindsteve
www.myspace.com/sherronlankester

This was written by Steve’s mother Sherron
Current mood: melancholy

MY NAME IS SHERRON, BUT MY FRIENDS CALL ME SHERRY. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MY SON FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS AND I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET. MY SON WALKED OUT MY DOOR ON NOV.18,2004 HE SAID' I'LL SEE YOU IN A LITTLE WHILE' BUT HE NEVER CAME BACK .I KNOW WHO HE LEFT WITH SO DOES THE POLICE BUT SHE WOULD NOT TALK TO THEM AND THEY DID NOT FORCE THE ISSUE.THEY(POLICE) GOT COPIES OF MY PHONE RECORDS AND KNEW WHO ALL STEPHEN HAD BEEN TALKING TO. THEY DID TALK TO SOME OF THEM BUT NO ANSWERS (I HAVE FOUND OUT IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO THE POLICE YOU DO NOT HAVE TOO, THEY HAVE RIGHTS YOU KNOW. IS SEEMS TO ME IF YOU ARE A CRIMINAL YOU HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN THE VICTIM) I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONE HORROR STORY AFTER ANOTHER ABOUT HOW MY SON DIED, I GUESS PEOPLE THINK I WANT TO HEAR ALL THE DETAILS. I HAVE BEEN TOLD MY SON WAS BEATEN, I HAVE BEEN TOLD HE WAS LEFT IN A COLD PLACE AFTER HE WAS BEATEN , LEFT TO EITHER STRAVE TO DEATH, FREEZE TO DEATH AND WHEN HE DIDN'T DIE HIS THROAT WAS CUT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD HE WAS SHOT IN THE BACK OF HIS HEAD..I HAVE BEEN TOLD HE WAS STABBED TO DEATH. I HAVE BEEN TOLD IF I WOULD GIVE THIS PERSON $3000.00 HE WOULD TELL ME WHERE MY SON'S REMAINS ARE. YES, SOMEONE CALL COBB COUNTY 911 AND TOLD THEM THIS. BUT HE NEVER MADE CONTACT WITH ME. I WOULD HAVE GLADLY GIVEN HIM THE MONEY. MY SON WAS NOT A BAD PERSON HE JUST LOST HIS WAY . HE WAS RAISED IN CHURCH AND HE BELIEVED IN GOD AND I AM ASSURED OF THE FACT HE IS WITH GOD AND MY BROTHER (J.R.) WHO STEPHEN LOVED DEARLY ALSO HIS PAPA , HIS NANNY AND HIS NANNY BERTIE. HE LOVED OLD PEOPLE (IF HE WAS IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE HIS OWN AGE HE WOULD ALWAYS TALK TO THE OLD ONES). LITTLE KIDS LOVED HIM BECAUSE HE MADE THEM FEEL IMPORTANT. STEPHEN LOVED TO WRITE SONGS AND I NOW HAVE TO ADMIT SOME OF THEN WERE GOOD. HE WOULD ALWAYS TELL ME SOMEDAY SOMEONE WOULD HEAR ONE OF HIS SONGS AND HE WOULD GET RICH. STEPHEN IS MISSED BY LOTS OF PEOPLE, HE HAS A BROTHER AND SISTER WHO LOVE HIM. . HE ALSO HAS A SON AND DAUGHTER WHO LOVES AND MISSES HIM. TUESDAY STEPHEN BECAME A GRANDFATHER, HE HAS A GRANDSON WHO CAME INTO THIS WORLD WEIGHING 9 POUNDS AND IS 22 INCHES LONG HIS NAME IS KAIDEN MICHAEL LANKESTER. I CAN SEE MY SON AND HOW HAPPY THIS WOULD HAVE MADE HIM. HE WOULD ALSO SAY '''I MAKE A GOODLOOKING GRANDPA DON'T I MOM'''''.AND I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE. HIS DAUGHTER IS HAVING A VERY HARD TIME BECAUSE SHE FEELS LIKE IF SHE HAD STAYED WITH HER DAD HE WOULD STILL BE HERE, BUT I TELL HER THIS IS NOT HER FAULT. BUT HER HEART IS STILL BROKEN. HIS SON DOESN'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT HIS DAD. THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS WHERE MY SON IS AND I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE I JUST WANT TO BRING HIM HOME. I DO NOT EVEN CARE IF THE POLICE DO NOT EVER FIND YOU. THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN AND YOU CAN NOT HIDE FROM HIM AND ONE DAY YOU WILL STAND BEFORE HIM AND YOU WILL BE JUDGED BECAUSE AT THE DAY OF. JUDGEMENT ALL THINGS WILL BE REVEILED AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER . YOU WILL SPEND ALL THIS TIME IN HELL YOU KNOW FOREVER IS A LONG LONG LONG TIME,

Met with Steve's mother today ... will post more later.

Okay, I got a call from Robert Ashworth's sister Tonya and she stated that Robert's ex-girlfriend Amber called her up out of the blue to tell her that she heard that this guy named Troy who is currently in Cherokee County jail has in his possession a cd with a recording of Steve's murder on it. So, a friend and I went up to talk to the detective in charge of Steve's case and gave him the info. Hoping they will follow up on it and question the guy about it.

is this the crazy exgirlfriend? I'd take her comments with a grain of salt, although it should be investigated.

It does sound fishy but maybe the guy does know *something* even if its not a CD recording, kwim? Like maybe he witnessed something or knows something...anything...

is this the crazy exgirlfriend? I'd take her comments with a grain of salt, although it should be investigated.

Yeah, that is why I turned it over to the lead investigator with CCPD. That way HE can follow the lead. Cross your fingers!

It does sound fishy but maybe the guy does know *something* even if its not a CD recording, kwim? Like maybe he witnessed something or knows something...anything...

THat is kinda how I feel. Where there is smoke, there's fire. Anyway, I did get a call from Steve's mom yesterday and she was upset to find out his DNA was not listed in the CODIS system. They took DNA from family members almost three years ago. GBI sent her an official letter stating he is NOT listed in CODIS. I sent an email to Lt. Edwards to let him know about it and to ask him if CCPD has their own database and how do they run comparisons. Steve's mom called me later that day and said that Lt. Edwards had called her and told her CODIS is only for offenders DNA?? WTF??? Maybe I had this wrong? I thought it was for all DNA....

Anyway he went to on tell her they had arrested one of the key players in Steve's murder case. Someone with the nickname of "Coach" who they highly suspect was involved. Not sure if the arrest was related to his case since they would not tell Sherron (Steve's mom). She just told him that if they plan to question him then offer him whatever to get him to talk. She said she does not care about justice, she just wants her son's remains.

This poor woman has been through hell. She is amazing and I just don't know how she does it. She has set up a myspace page for herself with my help to talk about her son. It is very touching... If you are on myspace please send her a friend request.

:(
THat is kinda how I feel. Where there is smoke, there's fire. Anyway, I did get a call from Steve's mom yesterday and she was upset to find out his DNA was not listed in the CODIS system. They took DNA from family members almost three years ago. GBI sent her an official letter stating he is NOT listed in CODIS. I sent an email to Lt. Edwards to let him know about it and to ask him if CCPD has their own database and how do they run comparisons. Steve's mom called me later that day and said that Lt. Edwards had called her and told her CODIS is only for offenders DNA?? WTF??? Maybe I had this wrong? I thought it was for all DNA....

Anyway he went to on tell her they had arrested one of the key players in Steve's murder case. Someone with the nickname of "Coach" who they highly suspect was involved. Not sure if the arrest was related to his case since they would not tell Sherron (Steve's mom). She just told him that if they plan to question him then offer him whatever to get him to talk. She said she does not care about justice, she just wants her son's remains.

This poor woman has been through hell. She is amazing and I just don't know how she does it. She has set up a myspace page for herself with my help to talk about her son. It is very touching... If you are on myspace please send her a friend request.

Well, it seems that "Coach" lawyered up when CCPD questioned him about Steve's murder. I feel so bad for Sherron. She is planning a vigil to mark the three year anniversary of his disappearance on 11/17. I am working with the media to cover it. Will post details as I get them!

I fear this case may never be solved......

FYI. It is coming up on the 3 year anniversary of Steve's disappearance and we will be holding a vigil in his memory. I sent out an event invite for those friends on the Lighting the Way Home myspace page. If you are on myspace and would like to get the invitation sent to you with the details just PM me here..

November 17th @ 5 pm
New Hope Baptist Church
Acworth, GA

Steve's mother has a myspace page for him so if you are on myspace and have not sent her a friend request, please do so. She needs as much support as possible!

Everyone who can attend is welcome. We are also encouraging those with a missing loved one to attend as well to show support for another family.

**** PRESS RELEASE ****

- For Immediate Release & Distribution -

What: Prayer Vigil

When: November 17, 2007 at 5 PM

Where: New HopeBaptistChurch
3814 New Hope Church Rd. SE
Acworth, GA30102
(770) 974-7612

ACWORTH MAN STILL MISSING

(Acworth, GA11/15/07) – November 18th will mark the 3rd anniversary of the disappearance of Stephen Lankester Cox. Steve's mother is holding a prayer vigil in hopes of renewing community interest in the case.
Lankester-Cox, 38, was last seen leaving his mother’s home on Walden Lane at approximately 10 pm. He told his mother he was going to the store and would be back shortly. He was never heard from again. He is presumed to be dead by the Cherokee County Police Department.

The mother of Stephen Lankester-Cox humbly asks that anyone who may have any information regarding the whereabouts of her son’s remains contact the local police or her directly. A prayer session will be held in his honor on November 17, 2007 at 5 p.m at New HopeBaptistChurch. Local singers Randy Henson, Rodney Carter and Angela Downard will be performing as well as a local missing advocates from Lighting the Way Home will speak about Georgia Missing. For more info visit www.lightingthewayhome.org.

There will be a light supper and fellowship after the service. All are welcome to attend.

For More information contact:
Sherron Lankester at (770) 655-7097 | justiceforsteve@comcast.net

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme