Database Results - State Analysis

Belinda

Doer of Things
Reaction score
Here are the results of the state analysis. I used a total of 303 cases. Cases involving more than 1 perp were only counted once. Some states have an unnaturally low number as record access is blocked in those states. They are marked with an asterisk.

33 cases - 10.89% - Florida
28 cases - 09.24% - Texas
25 cases - 08.25% - Ohio
23 cases - 07/59% - Pennsylvania
20 cases - 06.60% - New York
19 cases - 06.27% - Indiana
11 cases - 03.63% - California*
11 cases - 03.63% - Illinois
10 cases - 03.30% - Georgia
10 cases - 03.30% - Missouri
09 cases - 02.97% - Colorado
08 cases - 02.64% - Arizona
08 cases - 02.64% - Michigan
07 cases - 02.31% - North Carolina
06 cases - 01.98% - Kansas
06 cases - 01.98% - Mississippi
06 cases - 01.98% - Oklahoma
06 cases - 01.98% - Oregon
05 cases - 01.65% - Washington
04 cases - 01.32% - Alabama
04 cases - 01.32% - Arkansas
04 cases - 01.32% - Virginia
04 cases - 01.32% - Wisconsin
03 cases - 00.99% - Kentucky
03 cases - 00.99% - Massachusetts*
03 cases - 00.99% - Nebraska
03 cases - 00.99% - New Jersey
03 cases - 00.99% - Nevada
03 cases - 00.99% - South Carolina
03 cases - 00.99% - West Virginia
02 cases - 00.66% - Iowa
02 cases - 00.66% - Maryland
02 cases - 00.66% - Minnesota
02 cases - 00.66% - Utah
01 cases - 00.33% - Alaska
01 cases - 00.33% - Connecticut
01 cases - 00.33% - Idaho
01 cases - 00.33% - Montana
01 cases - 00.33% - New Hampshire
01 cases - 00.33% - Rhode Island
01 cases - 00.33% - Tennessee

Belinda Woman, thank you so very much for all the hard work you put into keeping us up to speed.

Honestly, you're a gentlewoman and a scholar in my book. Your patience is astounding. I'm proud to know ye!!!!!!:blowkiss:

Were you always so detailed and good with numbers? I'd have been lost at Ohio. Very interesting I must say as well.

I actually worked in accounting and accounting-related positions for 12 years before I became disabled, so I'm very detail oriented. Thanks for the compliments. :blowkiss:

Although the database is still relatively small (about 370 finished cases), I am interested in seeing the results. All of my cases come from here and we know this is true data and has been investigated by WSer's. There are many national figures for the types of information I am presenting, but I always wonder who is footing the bill for those studies. We know this is correct data, because we are the ones that investigated the cases. I hope that makes sense. I will go back and redo any results I have published when the database gets larger.

Although the database is still relatively small (about 370 finished cases), I am interested in seeing the results. All of my cases come from here and we know this is true data and has been investigated by WSer's. There are many national figures for the types of information I am presenting, but I always wonder who is footing the bill for those studies. We know this is correct data, because we are the ones that investigated the cases. I hope that makes sense. I will go back and redo any results I have published when the database gets larger.

Heck no it makes no sense to ME! I'm intimidated by you yet strangley am fascinated and adoring all at once.:D

You are so admired and appreciated. Detail oriented. Yep, we're like polarized magic lady. :dance:

Belinda--As always, I'm astounded by the work you do. I, like Filly, would be stuck across the street from Ohio!! This is what makes WS so fabulous. We bring gifts we used elsewhere to this board. Im wondering, though if you see any "skewing" of the data connected to where frequent posters live. Obviously, we all have access to national news but I think we also have our ear to the ground in our home cities and states. I know I do. Just wondering if that's a factor. And have you looked at the national statistics to see how "our" number compare?

Thank you so much!!

(Filly, we're just going to have to admit that she's the class math whiz. We're in the back trying to hide the title of our little remedial math catch-up books. "Hey, didn't Belinda wear that skirt on Monday? I know she did. I would never wear a skirt twice in a week. Pssst, what's 9 x 8?")

:clap:Belinda - you should take a bow!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Very, very impressive!

Salem

Hey girl-I asked the mods to make these post of yours stickies so that we and you would not have to constantly bump the data...I am in awe of you. You are my hero...THIS is truly impactful and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Missizzy - That is an excellent and I think significant point. I know the state data is skewed by the fact that there is just no access to records in some states. That limits my ability to investigate and document them, obviously. But, being skewed as far as who is doing the most posting really kind of throws the whole thing out the window. That would have an obvious affect on what cases are presented. Didn't think of that. I was just messing around and thought I would see what I had. I think probably the State data is no good. I'm so glad you thought of that.

I have not yet tried to compare any of my data to national statistics because my database is still too small, I think. I am just throwing some stuff out here to show where we stand at the moment. As the database grows, I will get more into the nitty-gritty of comparisons and such.

o/t Filly I suffer as you do-should we send Belinda our checkbooks to sort out, lol??? JK

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back