Casey Anthony attorney: Judge Perry has 'clear bias'

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
"Because there are factual inaccuracies in the court's order which were relied upon in reaching its conclusion, the undersigned respectfully asks that the court grant an additional hearing in order to rule on the actual facts in evidence," defense attorney Cheney Mason wrote in one part of the motion.

In another part of the nine-page motion, involving whether Casey Anthony was in custody when she gave early statements to investigators, Mason wrote, "the court did not look at the evidence from the hearing objectively and instead displays a clear bias in explaining law enforcement conduct…"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-hearing-thursday-20110324,0,2758083.story?page=1

Uh, oh....how will HHJP handle this one?

More hyperbole. lol Too bad they used their big strike on Judge Strickland.

They wanted a new judge and they got him! :woot:

"Because there are factual inaccuracies in the court's order which were relied upon in reaching its conclusion, the undersigned respectfully asks that the court grant an additional hearing in order to rule on the actual facts in evidence," defense attorney Cheney Mason wrote in one part of the motion.

In another part of the nine-page motion, involving whether Casey Anthony was in custody when she gave early statements to investigators, Mason wrote, "the court did not look at the evidence from the hearing objectively and instead displays a clear bias in explaining law enforcement conduct…"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-hearing-thursday-20110324,0,2758083.story?page=1

O.M.G ~jaw drop~
They want a second bite at the apple?

HHJP won't be impressed with this latest motion. Do you think he'll flat out deny them another hearing or humor them?

Unbelievable

I don't blame CM...I wouldn't be in court today either if I was him!!!

Didn't AZLawyer say this couldn't be contested until after the trial?

I imagine JP is getting a little fed up. I think he has on many occasions held the DT hand and guided them forward. If there has been any "bias" in this case it has been in favour of the defense. imo

the cheek of them....

FWIW, I doubt he takes this stuff personally. You have to have a pretty big personality to be a judge....sure some are better than others.

If CM really wants to capture the attention of Perry with his extensive knowledge of the law, he should pare his motions down some rather than taking the everything but the kitchen sink approach...JMVHO.

As for Perry, well I dont see him rising to this kind of bait.

Don't like the judge, JB and CM? Congratulations... you made your bed...

:angel:

MOO

I don't know - how many judges does JB want to go through? Enough to get him a not-guilty verdict? Fortunately, the US Judicial System doesn't work that way. You can't just pick and choose and move on when you don't get a response in your favour.

Counsel needs to move on and get this case rolling (we're talking a 2008 crime here). Enough cushion has been provided thus far -- far more than many other defendents that I've read about.

Justice for Caylee is all I want.

Mel

I am now going to read the motion. Without having done so and without know what the defense has asked for (i.e., recusement of the judge) let me just say that ultimately, recusal is up to the judge. It is almost never done except where there are obvious financial conflicts. IMHO Judge Perry has no intention of leaving this case at this point. He has done nothing wrong.

ETA: Just finished reading....they are not asking for recusal. Smart ones, those guys.
All I can say is I hope JBP has a big 'ole "DENIED" stamp.

Would he prefer HHJP be a liberal judge, making up law from the bench as he goes? Cause that is a two way street, double edged sword...A liberal judge can certainly make things up for the prosecution to utilize as well...

CM warned this wouldn't be the end of it if motions were denied.

Wow...them fighting words!

will the defense do this with every ruling they don't like/doesn't fit with their overall plan and strategy?

CM needs to check himself. He was the one stating inaccuracies at that hearing. Many as a matter of fact. In his motion everything he has listed is according to Casey, CA or GA. Is that the bias he means? JP didn't believe their version of events? CM states ICA was never 10 feet away from an Officer. That is BS. Even Cindy said she was in her room for about an hour before Yuri got there.

I don't think it helped any with all the facts CM misstated. I'm JP now who am I gonna believe?

This isn't Walmart here...you can't keep going back for an exchange because you don't like the fit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back