Will It Snow In Florida?

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
PEMBROKE PARK, Fla. -- Don't be fooled by Friday afternoon's warm weather. Another cold front is on the way, and it could even bring snow flurries to Central Florida.

After several nights of temperatures in the 40s and even the upper 30s, South Florida got a break from the chilly weather. Friday's highs reached the mid-70s, and the skies were a mix of clouds and sunshine.

http://www.justnews.com/weather/22183355/detail.html

I vote yes.

Atlanta is at a standstill today after 1/2 inch of snow fell overnight. The high today was, like, 19. It is so cold.

I am all about FL getting some snow!

If memory serves the last time it snowed in south Florida was in the seventies. It wasn't really what you would call snow, it would look like someone threw sand at your car, and never really accumulated on the ground. I was disappointed as a youngster. It has snowed in the panhandle a couple of times, not sure about central Florida. I moved to northern Georgia almost a couple of years ago and have enjoyed at least an inch or more of snow a few times a year. I love it. Building a snowman is a pain though. It is 15 degrees out right now.

If memory serves the last time it snowed in south Florida was in the seventies. It wasn't really what you would call snow, it would look like someone threw sand at your car, and never really accumulated on the ground. I was disappointed as a youngster. It has snowed in the panhandle a couple of times, not sure about central Florida. I moved to northern Georgia almost a couple of years ago and have enjoyed at least an inch or more of snow a few times a year. I love it. Building a snowman is a pain though. It 15 degrees out right now.

I was living in West Orange County back in 77 when it snowed. We got quite a bit for FL, covered our deck before we had to leave the house to go get a new well pump that had ruptured from the cold.

My DH and son wanting to stay up all night to see if it snows. Although it would be interesting to see I am about ready for it to warm back up. Been a long time since we have had this many cold days in a row. It has gotten to where the tiled concrete slab of our house feels like ice....brrrr...I could use a hot flash about now!

West central Florida checking here here - 4:45 a.m. I swear to God it's sleeting outside!!! Urggghhh, how much further South do I have to move to get away from this?

Poco - It's not much better south, maybe Key West!

Checking in from SW Florida, 38* now, at 5:30am & raining. Expected low of 29 :eek:

In 1989 it did snow here and as far south as Sarasota, I think it may have been Christmas Eve.

OH Ladies, I hope it doesn't snow for my own selfish reasons. I am so tired of cold weather and snow already. Hope you all warm up.

Gozgals

Its 39 here, and raining. Bet we get snow tomorrow. Good grief I have to go to work in this mess this morning.

I was living in West Orange County back in 77 when it snowed. We got quite a bit for FL, covered our deck before we had to leave the house to go get a new well pump that had ruptured from the cold.

My DH and son wanting to stay up all night to see if it snows. Although it would be interesting to see I am about ready for it to warm back up. Been a long time since we have had this many cold days in a row. It has gotten to where the tiled concrete slab of our house feels like ice....brrrr...I could use a hot flash about now!

This was in Miami, in the seventies as I remember my neighbors were from Utah and had a sled and had the bright idea to put wheels on the sled, we were pulling it with a bicycle and when he turned the corner my sister who was the daredevil rolled off and broke her leg.(no airbags back then). Like I said there was no snow, to break the fall. That didn't stop her ventures though, when she got old enough she moved to Alaska. I moved to Georgia, where it snows maybe a inch or two or three times a years. Which is fine, but it stays as low as the teens during Jan, Feb and sometimes March. I lived in Orlando for about a year and it never snowed but it did lighting a lot.

I had to buy myself a hat, scarf and gloves today. I can't believe this. I am use to sitting on the beach in January.

I just don't go outside Beyond..... unless I have to. Things are looking up towards the end of the week - thank god - i don't know how people put up with this crap for months on end.

I just don't go outside Beyond..... unless I have to. Things are looking up towards the end of the week - thank god - i don't know how people put up with this crap for months on end.

I was thinking the samething as I was walking my dog at 5:30 this morning. How can you live like this day after day?!

I'm in SW FL and it's 31 here. All of my neighbors have their plants covered, including myself. I'm sure that I will probably will loose some of the tropical ones.

I finally brought most of my "potted plants" in last night. They weren't looking to healthy although I have had them covered with sheets for about a week now - maybe it's just the lack of sunlight because of the sheets. I know they surely would have froze last night. They are in the garage, which might not be the best place, but better than being outside.

I was thinking the samething as I was walking my dog at 5:30 this morning. How can you live like this day after day?!

I'm in SW FL and it's 31 here. All of my neighbors have their plants covered, including myself. I'm sure that I will probably will loose some of the tropical ones.

Believe me I ask myself everyday,when can we get out of here!!!! I'm too old for this.Unfortunatly,not soon enough.

I am cold....brrrr....I am miserable...

I live in South Florida...and I hate this cold...I don't know how anyone stands it

when I read of all the "cases" in cold places I really really feel for them now...cause I am just soooo cold....this is awful

Really cold for central FL, high yesterday was 37, last night down to 24 here west of Orlando. Born and raised in FL and this is much too cold for me.Don't know how people can live all winter like this. Our floors with the concrete slab are so cold even through the carpet and tile...socks don't help.

Checked my oranges this morning and they had frozen. Four trees of fruit turned to smush, just hope the trees survive. We lost several trees completely back in the late 80's when it had gotten cold like this. All my orchids are in the garage or in the house but other tropical plants in the yard are already showing the damage.

Lot of people complaining about frozen pipes in the local news. My son went to work at Walgreens this morning and their water pipe had burst where it comes into the building.

Sure be glad when this is all over!!

----------------------------
Hi Poco, it aint easy!:floorlaugh:

I just cant seem to get warm. I'm in the Tampa Bay Area. God bless all of you that have live like this up north.
donshea.jpg

"Temperatures tonight will be some of the coldest we have seen so far this winter with readings expected to fall into the teens across inland portions of the Nature Coast and 20s elsewhere," National Weather Service forecasters said in a statement. "The only areas that may escape the freezing temperatures will be along the immediate coast and other bay and inland water ways from Tampa Bay south."

Hey all - is it snowing in FL this morning?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back