Maria Lauterbach

I'm sorry if I seem to be hogging the replies. I just found this site a few days ago and you all seem to know more and have more resources to solve and find info. Other sites just disscuss so I am asking questions. I appreciate you help. This is one I need to help solve.

Does anyone know CL's work schedule on December 14,15, 16...? The attacks were reported to have taken place at night when they were working alone. Was he still working at night and off work in the afternoon say after Maria talked to her mother and while his wife was at the party? Or was he schedluled to be at work and did he report?

Wow! I am stomping mad. It appears from what you have written that the females on base are treated like sh** by their fellow male comrades. Can you post the links for these other sites you are referring to??

If you go to the thread titled "Timeline by Date", you will see what happened as far as we know by sources what happened on December 14th, December 15th and December 16th. I would have brought it over here for you to see, but it is lengthy.

Hope it helps answer your question!

Mother of slain Marine: 'I want women to be better protected'

Mary Lauterbach has sent a list of more than 30 questions to the commandant of the U.S. Marine Corps, Gen. James Conway, through her congressman. She says she's unconvinced her daughter's rape allegation against Laurean was treated seriously.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/07/murdered.marine/index.html

". . . Rep. Michael Turner, who submitted questions to the Marines on behalf of the woman's Ohio family, said the corps took seven months to investigate Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach's allegation that she was raped by Cpl. Cesar Laurean and that it resulted in little action. . . . The actions taken by the Marine Corps to protect Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach were totally inadequate," said Turner, a Republican whose district includes the Lauterbach's home in Vandalia."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350048,00.html

I wonder if one, single thing will be changed? :rolleyes:

I do think something will have to be changed in view of the outcome of this case. The outcry from the public, the Congressmen, the family, and possibly other Marines (past and present) might make them take a serious look at a long ongoing problem and make some adjustments in deal with rape cases. At least, I would hope they would do the right thing for their female troops.

And I am sure there are other types of "abuse" that go on that do not get properly investigated because the person reporting it was a female. On the same token, I'm sure that there are a majority of "abuses" that don't get reported because of the lack of any investigation by their Superiors.

Hopefully, this will change with new regulations placed on all military bases in the handling of reports of any type of abuse.

The congressman has promised to pursue policy changes through his congressional committee. It is an armed forces committee. Other members of the committee have agreed. I posted the story about the response to his letter on the media link thread yesterday.

Mary Lauterbauch has set up a foundation to protect women who are victims of sexual assult.

There is a book being published in June about the abuse of women in the military written by a victim. She is going to discuss her own case, this case and others. The title is Conduct Unbecoming. It it suppossed to document a lot about the problems.

Every woman I know who has been in the military has been sexually assaulted by her *stellar* superior officers.

Anybody who doubts that Maria was raped should ask themselves why Maria's mother is placing so much emphasis on this issue. It is real. It is a huge problem.

If anybody can find the 30 questions which the Congressman sent to the Marines or the Marines response, please post them. I have only been able to find a brief media blurb. I would love to read the whole exchange, and it seems it should be public. Thanks.

It is important for the mother to be heard. This will address issues with women in the Marine Cor. I am glad to see the mother become an advocate for Maria, after her unsupportive nature prior to her death and the 4 weeks she was missing after the fact, she's now stepping forward and demanding answers. Good for her!!:)

It is important for the mother to be heard. This will address issues with women in the Marine Cor. I am glad to see the mother become an advocate for Maria, after her unsupportive nature prior to her death and the 4 weeks she was missing after the fact, she's now stepping forward and demanding answers. Good for her!!:)

I agree, this is the same mother that said Maria was prone to overexaggeration, Gee maybe if her own mother and the Marines had believed Maria's rape allegations, maybe Maria would still be alive today!!!:doh::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back