Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

This news is just so incredibly sad. I DON'T suspect any foul play, I just see an overwhelmed, depressed, and lonely woman who obviously didn't receive appropriate help for her issues. SO sad that she left behind FOUR young children; their lives are now forever changed. What I am left wondering is: Did the Kennedy 'machine' choose to abandon her or was there any attempt to get her help? Surely there were warning signs that she wasn't thinking straight, beginning with her DUI arrest right after her husband left her, and probably long before... With all of their power and money, did her husband (ex) and his family even try to help her, or did they disown her/ leave her to her own devices (alone), thus pulling a "Pontius Pilate"> 'washing their hands' of her?? If so, then her blood/death is at least partially on their hands. It is criminal (to me) to know that someone is hopelessly depressed and then just ignore her. Those poor kids....

It is not the Kennedy Clan's modus operandi to "get help" for their discarded women. Once they are used up and jettisoned, it is their method to chew them up, grind them down, and make sure there is nothing left to fight.

It is not the Kennedy Clan's modus operandi to "get help" for their discarded women. Once they are used up and jettisoned, it is their method to chew them up, grind them down, and make sure there is nothing left to fight.

Many attempt were made to get her her help; she refused all. She ditched her kids to indulge her wish. Members of the family are quite different also, I knew a few, slightly. RFK, Jr. did as much as anyone could, a different suicide attempt could have taken some of the children she "loved so much" she left them in agony.

JFK Jr broke Mary's spirit. *JFK*Jr method was to keep tightening the screws until she broke. The
thing that's so difficult for us to understand .....but JFK Jr understood very well ....was how much Mary loved her abuser.

Mary believed by sobering up she would win him back. Eventually she understood everything was gone JFK Jr,her place in the Kennedy family,her home and financial solvency. Their children were leverage for JFK Jr to get Mary to agree to his terms for a divorce settlement. Broken as she was ...she made the mistake of attempting to negotiate with her abuser and of course she lost.

Any child would move heaven and earth to help and save their ill parent. It was up to JFK Jr to act in
their best interest and help their mother who he had kicked to the curb. JFK Jr could have*

partitioned the court *for supervised visits or made some token compromise to help Mary's 5 month effort for sobriety. He could have temporarily stoped the legal wrangling and granted her the priceless gift of serenity..If he unselfishly loved his children he would have ceased his relentles court
orders and declared a truce. Trust me with time and maturity the children will figure out JFK Jr roll
death of their mother.

The legacy of the Kennedy men is the Svengali*influence they have over women. Mary committed
suicide because of RFK Jr legal persecution of her over the custody of the children. Someday,the children will understand RFK brutal ruthlessness that contributed to their Mother's death. No,he did not put noose around Mary' neck but he yanked the rug from underneith her.MOO

Please read.... Post # 103 was my unedited post which I accidentally copied and posted. Post # 104 is the correct edited version. I am sorry for any confusion this causes. Please disregard all the typos in post # 103. I have a herniated disk ..because of my pain I am not firing on all my pistons!

RFK Jr broke Mary's spirit. *RFK Jr,method was to keep tightening the screws until she broke. The thing that's so difficult for us to understand .....but RFK Jr understood very well ....was how much Mary no matter what,loved her abuser.

Mary,believed by staying sober she could convince him to come back to her. I read a few paragraphs in People Magazine that Mary loved RFK Jr and was desperate for at least the last four years to keep RFK Jr from straying. Eventually,she understood everything was gone,RFK Jr,her place
in the Kennedy family,her home and financial solvency. Their children were leverage for RFK Jr to force Mary's hand to agree to his terms for a divorce settlement. Broken as she was
...she made the mistake of attempting to negotiate with her abuser and of course she lost.

Most children would move heaven and earth to help save their ill parent. It was up to RFK Jr to act in
their best interest and help their mother ....who he had kicked to the curb. RFK Jr could have* partitioned the court to allow her supervised visits or could have brokered a
token compromise to help support Mary's 5 month effort for sobriety. He could have temporarily
stopped the legal wrangling and granted her the priceless gift of serenity. If he unselfishly loved his children he would have ceased his relentless court orders and declared a truce. Trust me with time and maturity the children will figure out JFK Jr roll in sabotaging Mary's recovery.

The legacy of the Kennedy men.... is the Svengali*influence they have over women. Mary committed suicide because of RFK Jr legal persecution of her over the custody of the children. Someday,the children will understand RFK Jr brutal ruthlessness that contributed to their Mother's death. No,he
was not responsible for putting the noose around Mary's neck but he certainy kicked the chair from underneath her. MOO

Perhaps it was a typo, but Catholics are Christians as well. Any faith which follows the teachings of Christ is considered Christian. There are over 38,000 known Christian denominations.

Here's an accurate list of the largest Christian denominations from Wikipedia
It wasn't a typo but I didn't mean that Catholics aren't Christians. I apologize for that. What I meant was I am Christian (Baptist) but not Catholic.

Does that make sense? Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend. I know Catholics are Christians also.

In Memory of the Radiant Life of Mary Richardson Kennedy

http://maryrk.org/?gclid=COaJmNeeprACFeUBQAodACj8WQ

Thank-you,for the link. I felt I knew Mary a little better after reading a few of the remembrances. As one person wrote,"Women need to stand with other women instead of being perpetrators ". I hope Mary's children someday wiil read how much she was loved & admired and how many people's lives she touched..MOO

It wasn't a typo but I didn't mean that Catholics aren't Christians. I apologize for that. What I meant was I am Christian (Baptist) but not Catholic.

Does that make sense? Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend. I know Catholics are Christians also.

Thank you, lizzybeth. I knew what you meant and appreciated your response to my question. :)

In addition to the prayers said immediately after death and at the funeral Mass, it is Catholic practice to have Masses said for the departed on the 3rd, 7th, and 30th days after the death or burial and on the anniversaries of the date of death.

A Month's Mind is a requiem mass celebrated about one month after a person's death, in memory of the deceased.

Traditionally, Catholic funerals are denied to the unbaptized, infidels; heretics; suicides (unless they were of unsound mind or showed signs of repentance); notorious, unrepentant sinners; the excommunicated; the schismatic; those under ecclesiastical censure; those who, without remorse, have openly held the sacraments in contempt; and those who've directed that their bodies be cremated.

The Catholic Church no longer forbids cremation but cremains must receive a proper burial which means a person’s remains must be buried in consecrated ground only.

The option to consider a natural burial and green funeral is a consumer-driven choice. Many baby boomers have lived their lives in an environmentally-friendly manner and would like to continue that idea in their burial practices as well.

In April 2010, Maryrest Cemetery, a Catholic cemetery, dedicated a section to natural burials and green funerals. It's believed to be one of the first Catholic cemeteries in the state to reserve grounds for eco-friendly burials.

The site at Maryrest Cemetery includes native shrubs, grasses and wildflowers.
In keeping with green burial practices, there will be no concrete vaults or manufactured headstones. The cemetery will accept the deceased wrapped in a shroud or a sustainable, biodegradable casket. If embalming is needed for ceremonial purposes, it must be formulated with a nontoxic, formaldehyde-free solution. Graves will be marked with native stone. Embalming is most often not necessary or legally required.

http://www.americancatholic.org/news/report.aspx?id=2505
http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?id=645
http://www.fisheaters.com/funerals.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Month's_Mind

The Housekeeper:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/06/10/the-last-days-of-mary-richardson-kennedy.html

Snipped

She was drinking heavily, and her behavior became so erratic that court authorities would only allow her to see her four children during visits supervised by the family housekeeper.

Snipped

...and the housekeeper had a feeling that something bad was about to happen. Two weeks prior, Mary had asked the housekeeper’s husband to buy a rope, which she said she needed for a sofa she was making.

Snipped

The housekeeper called Bobby and he came over to the house. The three of them searched further, until they entered the barn and found a harrowing sight.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/06/10/the-last-days-of-mary-richardson-kennedy.html

Oh my goodness, how terrible. She definately had some serious issues going on. Of course I feel bad for the kids.

In the article the housekeeper says they called Bobby and when he came over that is when they found her> I had read he was in LA at the time.

The Housekeeper:

Snipped

She was drinking heavily, and her behavior became so erratic that court authorities would only allow her to see her four children during visits supervised by the family housekeeper.

Snipped

...and the housekeeper had a feeling that something
bad was about to happen.
Two weeks prior, Mary had asked the housekeeper’s husband to buy a rope, which she said she needed for a sofa she was making.

Snipped

The housekeeper called Bobby and he came over to the house. The three of them searched
further, until they entered the barn and found a harrowing sight.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/06/10/the-last-days-of- mary-richardson-kennedy.html

Originally Posted by MizStery
I brought this post over from earlier in the thread,I highlighted the housekeepers
narrative ...this Housekeeper-and her husband are ghoulish...I am so creeped out. This housekeeper is almost out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Where do i begin,it was stated in MSN ...Mary was sober for the last five months. Yet the housekeeper wants to make it clear Mary was drinking like a drunken sailor & erratic. Sounds like the housekeeper didn't get the memo from Mary's best friend Kerry Kennedy that Mary was sober the last five months.

Maybe,Mary really was frightened he was going try to railroad her into being declared mentaly unfit.MOO

<snipped>
Neighbors in Bedford called Mary Kennedy a lovely woman who was active in community and school affairs, but had recently seemed a &#8220;bit off&#8221; &#8212; either medicated or intoxicated.
But a friend of Mary&#8217;s told The News that Mary feared her husband was trying to &#8220;gaslight&#8221; her &#8212; make her think she was going crazy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1080631

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Nasty Family Feud With In-Laws

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s former inlaws angrily denied allegations today that she was mentally ill and would beat her husband in the years before she hanged herself in an abandoned barn at her upstate New York compound last month.

Kennedy, according to court papers obtained by Newsweek, accused his wife Mary Richardson Kennedy of pummeling his face, resulting in a black eye and a permanently damaged tear duct, killing the family dog, stealing from Kennedy's daughter from a previous marriage, and threatening suicide and blackmail.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/robert-kennedy-jr-wifes-family-nasty-feud/story?id=16542795

Mary may have been mentally ill. She may have had problems with drinking and drugs. Her husband knew this. He may not have killed her but he pushed her into killing herself. Why would someone that no longer wanted his wife would insist she be buried with his family? He no longer wanted her, her family should have been allowed to bury her where they wanted. He just wanted to prove he was in control.

Mary may have been mentally ill. She may have had problems with drinking and drugs. Her husband knew this. He may not have killed her but he pushed her into killing herself. Why would someone that no longer wanted his wife would insist she be buried with his family? He no longer wanted her, her family should have been allowed to bury her where they wanted. He just wanted to prove he was in control.

Maybe Robert cleaned up his act and stayed "drug free" after he was arrested for heroin and marijuana possession and he stopped drinking after he married Emily Black, but before Robert married Emily Black on April 3, 1982, he said "I have a tendency to stay out too late and drink too much beer" and after his father's 1968 assassination, Bobby was also arrested for possession of marijuana, fined for loitering after a hassle with a Hyannis cop, and pinched for speeding.

In 1983, Kennedy was arrested in a Rapid City, South Dakota, airport for heroin possession. A search of his carry-on bag uncovered 183 milligrams of the drug. Upon entering a plea of guilty, Kennedy, then 29 years old and a first-time offender, was sentenced to two years probation, periodic tests for drug use, treatment by joining Narcotics Anonymous, and 1,500 hours of community service by Presiding Judge Marshall P. Young.[10] After the court was satisfied with Kennedy's compliance with the sentence, it ordered that Kennedy's record regarding the offense was to be sealed and expunged.

In April 2001, Kennedy was arrested for trespassing at Camp Garcia, the United States Navy training facility on the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico. Kennedy and others were protesting the use of two-thirds of the island for training. The trespassing incident forced the suspension of live-fire exercises for almost three hours. Despite the best efforts of his counsel, former Governor of New York Mario Cuomo, on July 18, 2001, Kennedy was sentenced to 30 days in jail by Judge Hector Laffitte.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20081904,00.html

Bobby and Mary&#8217;s two oldest children, Conor and Kyra, spent the entire day in court two days after their mother&#8217;s death to tell a judge that they wanted their mother&#8217;s remains buried near the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, where they would have an easier time visiting her. And so the judge ruled.

Here is an article which announced Emily Black's Engagement to Robert Francis Kennedy III.

Back Home Again in Indiana, Emily Black Picks Up a Freighted Name: Mrs. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

snipped

'Camelot&#8217; came to Indiana on April 3 for a Kennedy-style wedding complete with 25 best men and ushers (nine of them Kennedy brothers or cousins); 10 maids of honor and bridesmaids (four of them Bobby's sisters); his mother, Ethel; his uncle, Ted, and the usual gaggle of photographers and reporters.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20081904,00.html

The article does not include a photo of Emily Black and I haven't been able to find one of her. Emily and Robert met in law school. She and bobby purchased the Estate after they were married.

AFAIK, both of Emily and Robert's children attended Mary's funeral and one if not two, were pallbearers, but these children were not in the photo taken at Mary's gravesite.

Mary Kennedy,had been sober for the last five months. RFK Jr knew ,by
hammering her with legal notices he was exacerbating her anxiety and snatching away her last
hope,custody of their four children. Rather, than put a floor underneath and supporting her recovery ...up to the end...he was serving her with legal notices. *There is a famous quote by Roman philosopher Ciero ,which I will paraphrase ,"To the
sick,while there is life there is hope If RFK Jr would have simply backed off the custody issue.....just left Mary a tiny bit of hope.(time to heal)...I believe she would be alive. MOO

Respectfully, may I ask what are you basing this opinion on? "Mary Kennedy had been sober for the last five months." sounds more like a statement of fact than opinion. Are you quoting from another source? Thanks.

According to my timeline, Mary Kennedy went into Rehab in February 2010; 3 months before Robert filed for divorce but take this with a grain of salt.

Mary was charged with DWI on May 15 2010 and on May 27, 2010, she pleaded not guilty to DWI charges in Bedford town court. The following link contains a photo of Mary leaving the court house with an unidentified female. Mary looks petrified imo. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rfk_jr_marriage_81FFSs5SojnCiFCqTlAOQO

Why enter a plea of not guilty when the police have evidence which proves she was over the legal alcohol limit?

That day in Court Mary was ordered to undergo an evaluation to determine whether she needed to enter alcohol treatment and she was due back in mid July.

"Robert Kennedy, then 29 years old and also a first-time offender, upon entering a plea of guilty for heroine possession, was sentenced to two years probation, periodic tests for drug use, treatment by joining Narcotics Anonymous, and 1,500 hours of community service by Presiding Judge Marshall P. Young. After the court was satisfied with Kennedy's compliance with the sentence, it ordered that Kennedy's record regarding the offense was to be sealed and expunged." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.

If Mary had also entered a plea of Guilty perhaps after the court was satisfied with her compliance with the sentence, her record regarding the offense would also like her husband's record be sealed and expunged.

Instead Mary Kennedy was sentenced to 90 days of psychiatric care after her DUI plea and there is nothing saying she underwent the Court-ordered evaluation and required treatment for alcohol tmk.

Kerry Kennedy said Mary had been sober for 5 months but was still suffering from Depression before her death and Mary&#8217;s housekeeper said Mary was drinking heavily.

If Mary wasn&#8217;t mentally fit and abusing alcohol and therefore unable to deal with the upcoming divorce proceedings, her treating psychiatrist should have informed the Judge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back