Anthonys pushing for jailhouse funeral for Caylee!

It's absolutely ludicrous that a jailhouse funeral service is even being considered! :mad:

Isn't it customary to make and confirm funeral service plans before announcing them? Has anyone ever seen an obituary in which it's announced that the family is considering church A and church B for the services?

BC's announcement that the family wants to have a jailhouse funeral service for Caylee was aimed at reaffirming the Anthony's belief that Casey is innocent of any wrong doing. Otherwise, he would have waited to announce funeral plans when they were confirmed. If the announcement was intended to garner sympathy for Casey and the family............it backfired.......big time! :mad:

It's absolutely ludicrous that a jailhouse funeral service is even being considered! :mad:

Isn't it customary to make and confirm funeral service plans before announcing them? Has anyone ever seen an obituary in which it's announced that the family is considering church A and church B for the services?

BC's announcement that the family wants to have a jailhouse funeral service for Caylee was aimed at reaffirming the Anthony's belief that Casey is innocent of any wrong doing. Otherwise, he would have waited to announce funeral plans when they were confirmed. If the announcement was intended to garner sympathy for Casey and the family............it backfired.......big time! :mad:

And the announcement re cremation was absolutely unnecessary too and obviously weeks premature, and before they'd even decided. I think it's about divert, divert, divert and am trying to remember what happened just before he started carrying on about cremation.

I can only think of 2 reasons for this ridiculous request.

1. to postpone the funeral
2. $-the crazier this case becomes, the more money they make. why stop after finding Caylee???

I can only think of 2 reasons for this ridiculous request.

1. to postpone the funeral
2. $-the crazier this case becomes, the more money they make. why stop after finding Caylee???

I'm with you. It's as if they are intentionally making it stranger by the minuite almost. So that the deals are worth more for the *story* that will come sooner or later. :eek:

From WFTV:

Jail Won't Allow Caylee Funeral Behind Bars

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 – updated: 4:10 pm EST January 28, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Would a funeral inside the jail really bring justice for Caylee? Wednesday afternoon, the Orange County jail told Eyewitness News it will never happen.

Despite some reports, a jail spokesperson told Eyewitness News that no one in the Anthony family has ever asked to hold a memorial there.
Even if they did, the jail spokesperson said, the answer would likely be "no." It's against jail policy.
Casey Anthony is being held at the jail, charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The family has yet to announce a date for Caylee's funeral.

thsi family's sense of entitlement to special treatment is simply bizarre.
looney tunes, every last one of them.

BUT, in this country, regardless of public opinion, or the obviousness of a case's evidence, we are innocent until proven guilty, and that means that no matter now much anyone says that she doesn't deserve to attend a funeral because she is the murderer, she hasn't been convicted yet, and thus is not legally deemed the murderer.

she may be denied special treatment because she is a prisoner like any other, and she may be denied leave to attend a service due to logistics (for her safety and the safety of others)...... but she can not be treated like the perpetrator of a crime until she is convicted in a us court of law.

did anyone ever confirm who actually has custody of the remains (and thus grants permission for or makes funeral arrangements)?

legal eagles: can an inmate HAVE custody of remains while incarcerated?

This is not a rumor- Brad Conway and LA' s attorney Tom Luka both commented on this and said they are trying to make this happen.

And I assume they work at the behest of their clients- therefore they must want this jailhouse funeral.

from the news source you quote....

POSTED: 6:04 pm EST January 27, 2009
http://www.wesh.com/news/18578289/detail.html

“We are trying to work with the jail,” said attorney Brad Conway

"No such request has been received by Orange County Corrections," spokesman Allen Moore said.

(anyway I thought JB was "in charge" of the remains now ??)

I would be astonished if the Judge (if it's his decision) allows it. He's already having to order her to court & perceives that as dis-interest in the case, so I'd be shocked if he allowed a flip-flop and let her put some grandstanding mourning mother act on at jail.

I hope they ask him tho, it will be great to hear him say "HELL NO"

Perhaps I missed an article or two, but where is it said that anyone wants to hold the funeral or memorial at the jail?

I wouldn't be terribly concerned, it ain't happening! Period.

PS- hiya CW!!

Seriously. They should all be jailed just for being a$$es. Every last one of them.

from the news source you quote....

POSTED: 6:04 pm EST January 27, 2009
http://www.wesh.com/news/18578289/detail.html

“We are trying to work with the jail,” said attorney Brad Conway

"No such request has been received by Orange County Corrections," spokesman Allen Moore said.

(anyway I thought JB was "in charge" of the remains now ??)

If I had to choose between which one of these 2 men is telling the truth, I'd have to put my money on Allen Moore.

IF your post went ***Poof*** it was due to either veering off topic or you replied to a deleted post!

I think the issue is why should/would the As attorney being talking about it in the first place.

I agree. It's akin to LA's attorney repeatedly telling media sources he expects his client to be charged with obstruction of justice "any day now". :waitasec:

From WFTV:

Jail Won't Allow Caylee Funeral Behind Bars

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 – updated: 4:10 pm EST January 28, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Would a funeral inside the jail really bring justice for Caylee? Wednesday afternoon, the Orange County jail told Eyewitness News it will never happen.

Despite some reports, a jail spokesperson told Eyewitness News that no one in the Anthony family has ever asked to hold a memorial there.
Even if they did, the jail spokesperson said, the answer would likely be "no." It's against jail policy.
Casey Anthony is being held at the jail, charged with murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The family has yet to announce a date for Caylee's funeral.

Thank you for ending all speculation .. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back