IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, except LE is making a big deal about this truck, and has the media hyped up about it. There is a reason. Either this truck is involved, or may have seen something. LE would not involve this truck if there was nothing to get "excited" about. And regarding your comment that no one would put her in the back of the truck--it was 4 a.m-not too many people around. She may have gone willingly at first. This truck and driver may in fact be the last person(s) to see her, and therefore would be very important to the investigation. LE would not waste time on this if it were not important in some way.

I agree that #2 is a definite possibility, before people get all excited.
The person in the truck could have been going to work early in the morning.

Parts of this discussion are veering down a wayward path. Let's all try to maintain objectivity while also being respectful of others' personal views and experiences.

Thank you.

Bessie

So here are the two sides of the truck:

Driver's side:

5837520321_6af3f65f81_b.jpg

Passenger's side:

5837524005_5701cd3a3e_z.jpg

Does anyone else think it looks like the writing or logo is on both sides of the truck?

I know it is too much video to look at, but it would be interesting to know if this vehicle was ever in the area at this time of the morning on other nights after the bars closed. It still seems so unlikely to me that the one (seemingly) vehicle out there is a predator and lo and behold, the one person out there is a young woman all alone. Makes more sense if he had been trolling for a while and got "lucky" this night.

If someone were trolling, they would risk exposure. LE could go back and look at stored videos for weeks or months (particularly at those early am hours) and possibly match the vehicle and get the plate number that way too.
Something else to analyze... would make sense to start with the day or two before even...

One would think LE would try to make the image clearer instead of blurring it, if they are trying to get all the tips they need.

I understand but when I magnified the image it looked like the area around and over the person was "blended", like in photoshop.

Yesterday, a forum member (Surly Sasha, maybe?) in Bloomington mentioned a dialogue she had with a couple of local homeless guys. They said that several other homeless men had seen Lauren in the "Hills" public housing with a group of men late at night (I'm guessing after 4:15?)

Let's suppose this is true for a moment.

The vehicle's driver may have seen Lauren walking by herself and asked her if she wanted to go to another party. She may have said "yes", drunk, not realizing the danger. The driver may have taken her to the Hills, where she joined the driver's friends.

Lauren would maybe be sober enough to realize she was in a shady, unfamiliar area upon arriving at the Hills. When she expressed her discomfort, perhaps she was assaulted or taken advantage of.

Another possibility: maybe she tried cocaine at the Hills and accidentally OD-ed.

Or maybe after the Hills, her abductor took her elsewhere and is keeping her (the most unlikely, but the only chance she is alive).

I don't really think any of these theories are true, but I wanted to share them as ideas. :)

May the group she was with earlier, picking up some "stuff"?

True, except LE is making a big deal about this truck, and has the media hyped up about it. There is a reason. Either this truck is involved, or may have seen something. LE would not involve this truck if there was nothing to get "excited" about. And regarding your comment that no one would put her in the back of the truck--it was 4 a.m-not too many people around. She may have gone willingly at first. This truck and driver may in fact be the last person(s) to see her, and therefore would be very important to the investigation. LE would not waste time on this if it were not important in some way.

I never said no one would put her in the bed of the truck-just that it would not be a smart thing to do. As for LE, they are looking for leads. If this truck was in the area about the time Lauren is said to have gone missing, of course LE is going to try and find out if this truck could have been involved. But there is a possibility it had nothing to do with it.

These guys were drunk, they should have walked her over, but they didn't. That's a little of neglect - but it doesn't mean someone is capable of murder or of concealing of a friend's body.

I will be surprised if any of the 4 guys named a POI is involved. The BF would be the most likely scenario in my mind, crime of passion. But I also highly doubt it.

The one taken first is the one that doesn't show the equipment in the back. The one people think shows someone in it was taken second. Earlier in this thread people wrote that you could see the time stamp in the blown up photos.

That's what I was afraid of. I wonder what Lauren's parents are 'seeing' in those pictures? God bless them.

It seems like we only get 1 new piece of information per day, at the press conference.

Following other missing persons cases over time, usually there is updated article after updated article, several new leads per day.

Any reads into that?

LE doesn't really know? Or they don't have a lot of resources and are going slow?
Or they are keeping it unusually tight?

I have to agree at this point. And it BLEW A STOP SIGN, to boot.

What do you think of this? It took ten minutes to come around. Even if you have to stop and wait for the light on College Ave. it couldn't take more than a couple of minutes to get back around (and this is someone who just went through a stop sign). Seems as though this person had some sort of business to take care of that took a little less than ten minutes.

Any ATM's in this area? Bank Drive Thru's with ATM's? Gas Stations?
Any other business that only takes a few minutes at 4:14am-ish?

The one taken first is the one that doesn't show the equipment in the back. The one people think shows someone in it was taken second. Earlier in this thread people wrote that you could see the time stamp in the blown up photos.

Where did you see that the first one didn't have equipment in the back?

If you just mean the one pic where only part of the vehicle is visible, I don't think the entire bed can be seen in that one.
You really wouldn't be able to tell if there was anything there or not from that pic.

Where did you see that the first one didn't have equipment in the back?

If you just mean the one pic where only part of the vehicle is visible, I don't think the entire bed can be seen in that one.
You really wouldn't be able to tell if there was anything there or not from that pic.

I just said it didn't show the equipment in the back, not that there wasn't any equipment.

Another possibility is that Lauren got a ride from the truck and they dropped her off somewhere else? Somewhere she wanted to go?

These guys were drunk, they should have walked her over, but they didn't. That's a little of neglect - but it doesn't mean someone is capable of murder or of concealing of a friend's body.

I will be surprised if any of the 4 guys named a POI is involved. The BF would be the most likely scenario in my mind, crime of passion. But I also highly doubt it.

Although people say JR should have walked her home...he really should have just begged her and convinced her to stay at his house until morning (well...the normal morning lol). If he had walked her home he would have had to walk back. Plenty of young adult men get mugged/abducted/hurt when they walk alone at odd hours of the night. Especially if they have been drinking/getting high/whatever. Just thought of Brian Shaffer...

It seems like we only get 1 new piece of information per day, at the press conference.

Following other missing persons cases over time, usually there is updated article after updated article, several new leads per day.

Any reads into that?

LE doesn't really know? Or they don't have a lot of resources and are going slow?
Or they are keeping it unusually tight?

Actually in most of the cases I have followed, it is shocking to get any info from the police, so I am glad for anything at all...we have heard a lot in this case.

Actually in most of the cases I have followed, it is shocking to get any info from the police, so I am glad for anything at all...we have heard a lot in this case.

Well I mean not directly, I meant through leaks to the media.

Ok, so here's what some zooming and enhancing has done.. This specific image is the one that shows the right hand side of the truck as well as the image of the truck that is projected on the glass front of the business(left side of the pic you can see the image in the glass).. I cropped everything out EXCEPT the projected iImage seen on the glass.. And this is the best I can do via mobile phone's Photoshop..

You'll see I circled the part that looks as if it could possibly be a business name.. And underneath it I gave an example of what I think it is similar to look like or read.. It looks as tho it's possibly a Large capital R followed by approx. 6 smaller letters and looks as if ends in a "y"or a "g".. A letter that has a tail possibly. I wrote on the pic the way that I see it with the R larger and it's bottom half of the letter dipping down.. And the last letters "tail"; as in a "y" or a "g" with it's bottom half of tge letter dipping down as well..

Can anyone make out anything else?

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

If this is just one word, it could be a decal, like how some people "name" their vehicles. What I am seeing looks like "runaway" and now I can't see anything else when I look at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie