Ground Searches & communication from LE: UPDATES

FWIW, There have numerous grid searches based on specific tips and info. I felt about a month ago that this case went inside and LE knows what happened. They don't believe Misty and called her a liar. IMO, they are building a case to present to a GJ for charges to be brought.

My hope is they are taking what they do have to a GJ to get indictments for charges. I am glad to know they are still searching even if it is on a minimum scale.

I cannot wrap my mind around why they are not clearing the ones they know are innocent in this case besides the AC guy. I still feel it is wrong to allow people to be attacked publically when they could clear them.

ETA: Guess we were on the same wave length on that one today, Suzi! ;)

My hope is they are taking what they do have to a GJ to get indictments for charges. I am glad to know they are still searching even if it is on a minimum scale.

I cannot wrap my mind around why they are not clearing the ones they know are innocent in this case besides the AC guy. I still feel it is wrong to allow people to be attacked publically when they could clear them.

ETA: Guess we were on the same wave length on that one today, Suzi! ;)

Would not saying who is cleared give them the upper hand to continue to look into those they do believe to be guilty because everyone is kept guessing instead of know who they may really be looking at? KWIM
I don't believe she is with a family member at this time, moo is she is being hidden in a rural area with a friend of a family friend. JMOO

It is my belief by narrowing the scope of the investigation publically, it would help not hinder it. I do believe people would be more willing to come forward if they realized what small piece of information they have may be just what LE needs to fill in the missing pieces. If they feel the information could sidetrack LE or otherwise be of no importance about a particular person...they may hesitate to mention it before the person becomes a POI/Suspect.

ETA: In the case of Casey A. after she was arrested, there were many people coming forward with small pieces of information which put into a larger framework serve to provide timelines, match up to cell records, and help build a solid case.

Maybe there just isn't anything to communicate.

Unorganized volunteers might come across a meth lab in the woods or trespass onto private property and get shot and stuffed into a hog pit. My guess is LE is protecting the public by requesting no more volunteer searches.

Hog pits?! Do they DO that down there!?:eek:

I'm interested to know if LE is still questioning MC. They have come out pubicly saying that she is the key and her stories are inconsistent. So I wonder what they are doing to rectify that. Are they still trying to question her? Did they just give up?

Since the dogs tracked Haleigh's scent to the pond and back around the circle out to the road, it should indicate that she was taken away in a vehicle by someone who did not know the area real well. Haleigh probably isn't close and they know it. If a male took her and she's deceased, Haleigh would be better hidden than Caylee was because a male wouldn't be as afraid to go deeper into the woods or further down some isolated road.

Since the dogs tracked Haleigh's scent to the pond and back around the circle out to the road, it should indicate that she was taken away in a vehicle by someone who did not know the area real well. Haleigh probably isn't close and they know it. If a male took her and she's deceased, Haleigh would be better hidden than Caylee was because a male wouldn't be as afraid to go deeper into the woods or further down some isolated road.

Hi Txsvicki, From what I've read it was tracker dogs that followed her scent down to the pond and around, not cadaver dogs. I read here that scent could have been up to 3 days old, so have my doubts Haleigh was taken on that route after being taken.

My other thought is about a male taking her and being better hidden. I think you are right about that. The only other thing that would come into play would be if it were a stranger abduction as opposed to someone who knew her. Generally strangers don't hide bodies. They just dump them in a field or behind a tree so to speak. Those who have known the victim are the ones who try to hide the victim as they don't want the body to tell a tale on them. They know LE will be looking at them. xox

Whoops! IMO

If LE has called off all ground searches that aren't done by LE, i would take that to mean they've found evidence that Haleigh is not alive and cannot jeopardize the investigation with searches who may potentially destroy evidence.
They may be waiting for a confession or more proof of different sorts without a body.
I know it's a bad thought, however the percentage of these cases do not end up well at all, and i'm sure the family has been prepared for that. (given this is a non familial abduction or worse)

New article today.

Dive Team Searching Haleigh Cummings' Grandmother's Property
Posted By: Dave Wax Posted By: Jessica Clark Created: 6/26/2009 11:32:18 AM

About 40 investigators, including the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team and cadaver dogs, are searching a small pond on Marie Griffis' 30-acre property in Baker County and digging up several areas with a bulldozer.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=140562&catid=3

I wonder why they waited 3 months? If they heard they buried animals there. I want HaLeigh alive and hope that they only find animal bones.

New article today.

About 40 investigators, including the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office dive team and cadaver dogs, are searching a small pond on Marie Griffis' 30-acre property in Baker County and digging up several areas with a bulldozer.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=140562&catid=3
Thank you for the info. and link crocus!

Deputies Dig Near Haleigh's Mom's Home
5-Year-Old Haleigh Cummings Disappeared In February

GLEN ST. MARY, Fla. -- Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were searching property around the Baker County home of the mother of a 5-year-old girl missing since February.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her father's home in Putnam County on Feb. 10 and an Amber Alert was issued. More than 4,000 tips have come in, but there have been no confirmed sightings.

Haleigh's parents were never married and have lived apart for several years.

Putnam County officials said a tip prompted several law enforcement agencies to mount a search of the property where Crystal Sheffield lives with her grandmother. Channel 4 confirmed that investigators are digging on the property, cadaver dogs are on site and a pond is being searched by diver

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19869545/detail.html

New article today.

This is very sad and to me a little strange. I do not fully understand at this point why they are searching the pond. Are we talking about Haleigh's grandmothers house? The same property where Crystal lives? That gives me two thoughts.
1. why, after these months are we seeing a search team out there....and a bulldozer, wow. My guess is they are working off a tip. If anyone knows please post.
2. I hope Crystal is away from the property because watching investigators sift through dirt must be as difficult to watch as it was for Ronald to have his home sifted through and to watch a dumpster emptied.

One more thing....Thank you God that they ARE SEARCHING

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Crystal lived in a different state than Florida?

This is very sad and to me a little strange. I do not fully understand at this point why they are searching the pond. Are we talking about Haleigh's grandmothers house? The same property where Crystal lives? That gives me two thoughts.
1. why, after these months are we seeing a search team out there....and a bulldozer, wow. My guess is they are working off a tip. If anyone knows please post.
2. I hope Crystal is away from the property because watching investigators sift through dirt must be as difficult to watch as it was for Ronald to have his home sifted through and to watch a dumpster emptied.

One more thing....Thank you God that they ARE SEARCHING
I wonder why they are checking there too and why now unless they think chad or some one had something to do with it.I do think they should look into him too.Did he pass his lie detector test?I really don't know.I really feel they are going way in the wrong direction.I feel they need to be checking MC's parents or family's or MC friends house and property or the pond? area TN wanted checked or maybe near or around the bridge near palatka.I am glad they are searching.They should have done this a long time ago and checked other areas also with Cadaver dogs.I just pray they find little Haleigh where ever she is.It's very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back