TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinions only, no facts here:

The official line is that on the morning of the abduction, Holly's mother knew that Holly's boyfriend was out hunting and far away, but Holly's brother did not know this detail. That could explain why the mother was immediately terrified and the brother was not.

I have been away from Websleuths for awhile, because in the absence of new information, I decided to focus on where to look for Holly if this is indeed a homicide. I earlier favored an area about a mile north of Holly's house. I am now becoming equally interested in Bible Hill proper.

On another tangent, I believe that at some point, the withholding of information from the public actually decreases the chances of solving a case. And the point at which this occurs is when witness memories begin to fade. For example, if investigators had the report of a vehicle of a certain model and color, it will do very little good to release that info 5 years from now. Frankly, I think it is already too late for a release of information, but strangely... this case is still solvable.

Good Post. Especially the part I bolded above, as I think at the very beginning when LE got there, that is exactly what they needed to do. Grab their guns and go in and get her, darn it. The whole...."wait on dogs, protect the investigation, keep people from trampling on tracks--this part from witness no less!!", is a bunch of crap because they got there literally minutes after it supposedly happened, so run in there and try to get her back, darn it.

I just cringe when I hear ......"witholding info to protect the investigation"...........because until you get her back, nothing matters. Look at it this way......So what if you have enough info to prosecute someone......If she never comes back or is never found, what good is that?

I've always said to find her first is the main priority, and to release all you know from the get go is very important to help find her. So, all this withholding of info and secrecy, and changing stories.......of course it makes one suspicious of things.

Sorry, end rant.

I think at the very beginning there was too much confusion, too many cooks spoiling the broth as I think the old saying goes...
Remember there was a interview where Karen said how she felt roadblocks should have set up right away, and how she felt too many were just mulling around and nothing was happening (I'm paraphrasing)...
I really thought this case would be solved since LE was involved so early on, whereas many missing person cases go through a waiting period before LE goes into action... but, as I've mentioned on other threads I follow, thanks to all the CSI shows, some perps seem to be more savvy these days...

I think at the very beginning there was too much confusion, too many cooks spoiling the broth as I think the old saying goes...
Remember there was a interview where Karen said how she felt roadblocks should have set up right away, and how she felt too many were just mulling around and nothing was happening (I'm paraphrasing)...
I really thought this case would be solved since LE was involved so early on, whereas many missing person cases go through a waiting period before LE goes into action... but, as I've mentioned on other threads I follow, thanks to all the CSI shows, some perps seem to be more savvy these days...

Not to let the local law enforcement off the hook, but I think these type of failures by the first responders are in part due to the fact that these types of small towns and counties don't usually have experience dealing with these situations. Whether it's Boulder CO, Mitchell County/Colorado City TX, Parsons/Decatur County TN or wherever. The question is...what can be done about that? It would be nice to see more of these localities undergo training for these moments of serious criminal crisis but there are so many of these small, usually safe towns/rural counties all over the country and training has to be paid for and kept up to date. The problem is that you don't know when one of these type of crimes is going to randomly happen somewhere.

Still, every locality large or small should be very alert to complacency and any erosion of professionalism in it's day to day operations. I know how that from my own line of work...I worked as an analytical chemist and geochemist for many years and it's easy to get complacent with your quality control procedures and documentation. That stuff is tedious and often seems redundant because it usually turns out the same, but you do it for the one time out of 100 when things are unusual, not the other 99 times when they are routine.

And as for them releasing more info...maybe they really don't have any other than the blood, lunchbox and cell phone. I'm sure LE have their suspicions about local creeps, people who may have had friction with Holly or the Bobo family, maybe even people close to Holly like some here think or whoever. But maybe nothing solid so they can't going to come out in public and name a POI.

Not to let the local law enforcement off the hook, but I think these type of failures by the first responders are in part due to the fact that these types of small towns and counties don't usually have experience dealing with these situations. Whether it's Boulder CO, Mitchell County/Colorado City TX, Parsons/Decatur County TN or wherever. The question is...what can be done about that? It would be nice to see more of these localities undergo training for these moments of serious criminal crisis but there are so many of these small, usually safe towns/rural counties all over the country and training has to be paid for and kept up to date. The problem is that you don't know when one of these type of crimes is going to randomly happen somewhere.

Still, every locality large or small should be very alert to complacency and any erosion of professionalism in it's day to day operations. I know how that from my own line of work...I worked as an analytical chemist and geochemist for many years and it's easy to get complacent with your quality control procedures and documentation. That stuff is tedious and often seems redundant because it usually turns out the same, but you do it for the one time out of 100 when things are unusual, not the other 99 times when they are routine.

And as for them releasing more info...maybe they really don't have any other than the blood, lunchbox and cell phone. I'm sure LE have their suspicions about local creeps, people who may have had friction with Holly or the Bobo family, maybe even people close to Holly like some here think or whoever. But maybe nothing solid so they can't going to come out in public and name a POI.

Good points about the training, and I agree with all of that part. There should be enough money from Homeland Security for most places to have updated training on how to handle an abduction situation, I would think, because I had heard so much about how money was being given to LE departments from this type of fund. But whether each small town got money or not, that is a good question, and whether each town used it all for the same reasons, etc. They all probably have different needs, and maybe more dire needs like new police cars or something become important to them. But, anyway, I do agree they should have the training, as it is important.

IMO, regarding releasing information, I don't recall LE releasing practically anything. It wasn't until the intereviews and the Jackson article where we started hearing some more details about some things, but this is quite different than LE giving a statement. Because people could be mistaken or had forgot some things or maybe even purposely left out some critical things. I would love to have LE confirm some things and release all the facts of this case, in some sort of media event, which could possibly help this case. If nothing else, it would help to bring more focus to the case, after a year already.

Here's a hypothetical. Wouldn't it be something if it went something like this with LE speaking at an advance notice press conference.......

"Hello ladies + gentleman.....We are here today to release all the facts of this case as we know it, with the hopes of helping to find Holly. And we will be taking questions afterwards.

First, we will be releasing the actual 911 calls + Sheriffs calls we received that morning in their entirety (play tapes). Now, we want to begin with the reported statements as reported to us that morning, and we have provided a copy of those statements to the media. Next, we want to state all the evidence we have uncovered that are proven to be owned by Holly and exactly where they were found, and what day they were found. We searched them for fingerprints, and the results were....

We also found small amounts of blood (explained in full exactly how much and where exactly it was found). We tested that blood and it proved to be (explains who it belongs to). We feel this blood was (either fresh or not fresh).

We also......(explain anything + everything else you possibly can here).

Thank you all for coming today, and please help us find Holly. Now, we are ready for ALL questions"

After reading just this short thread (I have read since the beginning, but not stuck to it), I'm starting to see this case in a new light.

First, we have Holly going into the woods with SOMEONE, as witnessed by her brother.

Secondly, we have a near-hysterical mother who tells her son to "get the gun," or some such close words.

Then we have a friend who bursts out crying because Holly does not show up for "THE" most important test.

After that we hear the brother saying (paraphrase) "we might not be seeing Holly for a long while," or some such.

Then we have her mom saying collected money will be used for a "vacation" for Holly when this is over - another paraphrase.

After that there is a drug bust (shades of Haleigh Cummings), and an investigation.

Now, MY theory, and MINE only, and this is just what I'm surmising - suppose Holly was a "plant" in a drug ring/operation? Suppose, bear with my idea for a minute, that mom knew about it, and that's why she was hysterical? Now, maybe brother didn't know all the details and was not so concerned, maybe he thought it was all part and parcel of her participation?

I know this may sound far-fetched, but. . . let us not forget the pastor (involved with the Bobos???) who killed the father of the bride.

There are several more "interesting" happenings, but that's enough for now.

I do believe there's a LOT more going on here than anyone can fathom due, in part, to the shifting stories, and the information blackout - a LOT more.

My opinion only :cow:

Pardon me, but since when does LE use a civilian as a "plant" in a drug sting? They do not usually send a civilian, particularly a young woman, into a drug operation because that would be dangerous. Drug dealers carry guns. I've never heard of anything like this. Informants, yes... but not a plant. That's a job for an undercover cop.

I think it is very easy to get confused following this case. Up is down, left is right and so on. We have multiple versions of the ongoing narrative from the Bobo family, cryptic and very pointed comments made by LE and 5 pounds of crazy in a 1 pound bag following it. The lack of ANY information provided in this case combined with LE stopping searches and repeatedly saying that they believe the abductor is local and the investigation has not left the Darden/Parsons area is the only way to read between the lines in this case. CB is a supposed eye witness to the events of that morning, his accounts are very skewed and lead nowhere. It would make sense that there is information he probably should not share, but that does not explain the convoluted stories we have been given. There is a really simple version that could be offered, CB woke up and saw his sister walking away. The problem here stems from all of the confusing perspectives we are given as CB tells his story. From meter readers, HB car still at home when CB knew it shouldn't be, calling his mother to see who he is looking at, phantom turkeys, to the quote that he did not think she would be coming back anytime soon and etc... (Also keep in mind we did not know any of the Bobo's actual story until they spoke with the media almost 3 months later)
CB is either telling bald faced lies or trying to fool other people, maybe the one who does know the missing parts to CB's narrative. CB supposedly gave a statement the first day and any deviation from that without LE being aware would of made him suspect number one very quickly.
I think the most likely scenario here is that somebody familiar with the Bobo family and specifically the area around their home is the abductor. Being in such a remote area, the odds heavily favor it as well as the way this case has played out.
LE at it's core is a business and plenty of time and resources have been used in this case, I don't believe LE had 10+ investigators on this case at one time to speculate about it while eating doughnuts.
Let's also not forget the subsequent drug busts during the search for HB. Another overlooked aspect of this case is the TBI investigation into the local drug task force (covers Decatur County, also look who requested the Governor offer a reward). I HAVE NO IDEA if it is connected to HB case or not, but I do know one thing-
Drugs investigations equal making money and missing young women investigations equal spending money. I think it's safe to assume politics play a role in this case and
it's impossible to read into others priorities, except to say the TBI is still investigating this case.

Can you explain the part I bolded, please?? Making money for WHOM?

Pardon me, but since when does LE use a civilian as a "plant" in a drug sting? They do not usually send a civilian, particularly a young woman, into a drug operation because that would be dangerous. Drug dealers carry guns. I've never heard of anything like this. Informants, yes... but not a plant. That's a job for an undercover cop.

Happened here in Florida and the girl was shot and killed before the cops could close in.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2012/3/30/settlement_reached_i.html

Respectfully snipped

Good Post. Especially the part I bolded above, as I think at the very beginning when LE got there, that is exactly what they needed to do. Grab their guns and go in and get her, darn it. The whole...."wait on dogs, protect the investigation, keep people from trampling on tracks--this part from witness no less!!", is a bunch of crap because they got there literally minutes after it supposedly happened, so run in there and try to get her back, darn it.

But CB said he couldn't stop people from going in there plus KB said they rushed into the woods. I wonder how far they went?

When the dogs did arrive they never found HB's scent around the entrance to the woods. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that she ever went in there. jmo

I have been thinking a lot about CB's statement that he didn't think that they would be getting HB back for a while (paraphrasing) and in my opinion only, I think that he felt that way because who knew who has her and why.

I have been thinking a lot about CB's statement that he didn't think that they would be getting HB back for a while (paraphrasing) and in my opinion only, I think that he felt that way because who knew who has her and why.

I find Clint's statement a strange choice of words. It really bothers me.

How about, "I am afraid I will never see my sister again."
"I am going to do everything in my power to find my sister."

But right away he says he didn't think Holly would be coming home anytime soon. Sure sounds like he had a reason for saying that...but what?

I can't believe that reporter actually had to say "A Christmas without Holly" with a straight face.
So lame.

Here's the most crucial part of the video for me.
Pause on 1:11.
Do you see who they are still saying was Clint?
Why it's Drew in the pic with Holly and Rascal!
AGAIN!
Granted that someone tried to blend or change the appearance so that
in a brief glimpse you thought that might be Clint, but it isn't.

Matter of fact, it's hard to even find a pic of Clint in amongst the
mountain of photos of Holly on the Piano Shrine.

What is up with that?

Point being, the media has followed this case longer than I have, why did they attempt
to deceive viewers after 8 months continuously about the Drew/Clint photo images, or as I have dubbed these morphs, Clew!

From my iPad it was clear as a bell that that was Drew not Clint. But two other things immediately stood out to me. First, when mom says we'll never give up, we'll never give up looking for her. The first time she says never give up she shakes her head slightly back and forth, but when she reiterates they will never give up she shakes her head up and down, as in yes we will give up. The things she said in the interview did not flow, she said we instead of I, and she censored what she was saying a few times. She quit teaching because she searching full time but what she says does to search for holly is "things". Secondly, the piano shrine. Soooooo where were the photos of Holly at any other age of physical development?????? Wouldn't you have your favorite photos of your daughter mixed in? Ballet recitals, parties, favorite shots as a toddler or newborn? No other family photos? Holly and daddy riding a four wheeler or reading a book or special moments? Moo

I went through some of cranky's photos and a few things caught my I. I haven't gotten the hang of fotoforensics yet but i linked to the analysis of the photos in case someone else could understand how to figure out if they have been photoshopped. Tia and moo and I'm wondering if I am just looking for things that aren't there because there is nothing else to go on.:/

This photo I think Holly's hair was lengthened. On the right she has one piece that does a curve that if straightened out would be too long and she has a piece in her left sleeve again that does not match the length of the rest of the hair.
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=57d794ed1277ab1dddf84cdb3767bc3e6bf4df5e.39903

This photo that can't be his hand?! His arm would be so short.
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=a6abd93a322029c1b3aa9805717db56d79f607a8.52245

Look at the wall to the right of Karen's head. It is pink/peach where it should be white. And is the red Christmas vest photoshopped?
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=98b87e1908519e773f71f0c782fdc476c2503721.27977

MOO I still see nothing wrong with really any of the pictures that others seem to have a problem with. And I am actually very experienced in Photoshopping. Why would it matter that little things like wall color ect. is changed? Does this mean you think Holly isn't really a part of the Bobo family? That she doesn't exist at all? What would be the point in changing all these pictures and who would do such a thing?

I must admit, that one thing I do agree with that Yoda just brought up, is regarding younger pictures of Holly. Why no baby pics? Not one picture of her as a child anywhere? I haven't seen one at least, and it is pretty weird to me actually. IMO.

IMHO the Foto Forensics stuff is hogwash. its like people seeing Jesus'face in a bowl of spaghetti or some such. You can analize photos but its not done like this either.

I went through some of cranky's photos and a few things caught my I. I haven't gotten the hang of fotoforensics yet but i linked to the analysis of the photos in case someone else could understand how to figure out if they have been photoshopped. Tia and moo and I'm wondering if I am just looking for things that aren't there because there is nothing else to go on.:/

This photo I think Holly's hair was lengthened. On the right she has one piece that does a curve that if straightened out would be too long and she has a piece in her left sleeve again that does not match the length of the rest of the hair.
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=57d794ed1277ab1dddf84cdb3767bc3e6bf4df5e.39903

This photo that can't be his hand?! His arm would be so short.
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=a6abd93a322029c1b3aa9805717db56d79f607a8.52245

Look at the wall to the right of Karen's head. It is pink/peach where it should be white. And is the red Christmas vest photoshopped?
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?id=98b87e1908519e773f71f0c782fdc476c2503721.27977

Thank you Yoda for looking.
I know there are a lot of programs, but I don't use them.
I use my eyes. I look for odd angles of limbs, length of limbs, disembodied hands to "tie in" persons added to a picture.

On the first page of Cranky's the red background pic and the green one that were so often used by the media are both OBVIOUSLY photo edited using photoshop.

I discussed this on another site also. A person who thought many photos looked strange, but couldn't put his finger on it asked his ps3 savvy daughter to look over the pics at Cranky's. When he asked which ones were photoshopped she said ALL of the ones he showed her.

But, as to why this would be, I don't have an answer. I just think it's definitely worth discussing.

I also find the lack of baby pics or adolescent pics, family pics rather unusual also.

Now for something really strange. You remember on the recent video reenactment Karen did for the news?
In it she is watching a video of "Holly" moonwalking?

Well I looked up the name of the show as per the sign on the stage.
I couldn't find it for the November 2008 year but was the name of the
show they were doing that Spring 2012 at Scots Hill High School.
I'll have to take a look at the video again to get the correct name in case anyone else wants to look for it.

It's happened before. I recall a girl being used a part of a deal to drop charges against her and things went wrong and she was killed before police could get to her. I'm sure it's rare though. Only time I have ever heard it that happening.

MOO I still see nothing wrong with really any of the pictures that others seem to have a problem with. And I am actually very experienced in Photoshopping. Why would it matter that little things like wall color ect. is changed? Does this mean you think Holly isn't really a part of the Bobo family? That she doesn't exist at all? What would be the point in changing all these pictures and who would do such a thing?

I must admit, that one thing I do agree with that Yoda just brought up, is regarding younger pictures of Holly. Why no baby pics? Not one picture of her as a child anywhere? I haven't seen one at least, and it is pretty weird to me actually. IMO.

There are so many obvious anomalies that I am surprised someone experienced hasn't noticed them!

I watched a news video featuring Whitney Duncan and she has her arm around "Holly". Except this is obviously Holly's head shopped on top of a frumpily dressed woman in bermuda shorts and pointed hush puppy dress shoe flats! The woman is a bit chunkier than I would imagine Holly to be.

Now why was this done? I would guess that Whitney didn't have any photos of her and Holly together in recent years.

There are all sorts of picture anomalies just like that with arms that would be extraordinarily long in order to tie her to the person in the pic.

Like I said, I don't have the answers, but I can sure supply the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken