**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
o/t

My son was summoned for jury duty and has to appear on Sept 5th. Of course, there is no way of knowing if this is the case he will have to sit it on, if selected. Just thought I'd share.

He wondered if it was also. I'm hoping it is NOT.

o/t

My son was summoned for jury duty and has to appear on Sept 5th. Of course, there is no way of knowing if this is the case he will have to sit it on, if selected. Just thought I'd share.

He wondered if it was also. I'm hoping it is NOT.

That would be intriguing if he were selected for the Magnotta jury; if so, after the trial ends hopefully you'll get all the inside info from him and share it with us.

I know the Magnotta trial calendar doesn't have it starting until 2013 and my ignorance about Canadian jury duty spurs this question: when one is summoned for jury duty, is the trial they are being screened for one that would begin in September or shortly thereafter or could it be for a trial beginning in a few months?

Hoping you'll educate me about this ~n/t ~ :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

That would be intriguing if he were selected for the Magnotta jury; if so, after the trial ends hopefully you'll get all the inside info from him and share it with us.

I know the Magnotta trial calendar doesn't have it starting until 2013 and my ignorance about Canadian jury duty spurs this question: when one is summoned for jury duty, is the trial they are being screened for one that would begin in September or shortly thereafter or could it be for a trial beginning in a few months?

Hoping you'll educate me about this ~n/t ~ :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

I have no idea, Hastings. This is the first time one of my family members is summoned. I'm going to guess like in the US, once a jury is chosen the case immediately goes to trial. I doubt this is the case he was summoned for considering it won't go to trial before 2013. It was quite a surprise and we both immediately thought of this case. I'm hoping it's NOT. He's not thrilled about having to go. LOL. I wish it was me instead. Ha! I'd love to sit in on a trial. And it pays quite well too.

I have no idea, Hastings. This is the first time one of my family members is summoned. I'm going to guess like in the US, once a jury is chosen the case immediately goes to trial. I doubt this is the case he was summoned for considering it won't go to trial before 2013. It was quite a surprise and we both immediately thought of this case. I'm hoping it's NOT. He's not thrilled about having to go. LOL. I wish it was me instead. Ha! I'd love to sit in on a trial. And it pays quite well too.

The March 2013 date is the next hearing, not even the trial date. You don't have to worry, it won't be for his case. You're correct too, juries are selected and then go straight to trial. We've entered into our long lull of void between now and next year.

Pays quite well? Here in the US it's $5/day! Of course your job pays you for that time off, but c'mon. No wonder we have such crappy jurors (think Casey Anthony).

Pays quite well? Here in the US it's $5/day! Of course your job pays you for that time off, but c'mon. No wonder we have such crappy jurors (think Casey Anthony).

I hope I don't get a smack down by the mods for going o/t but think it's very interesting considering even I didn't know much about jury duty in my own province and country.

Perhaps the mods can move to a more appropriate thread? Here is the Alowances and Compensation. BTW, the first time he was summoned they asked if he was fluent in both French and English. He's ok with french but his schooling was English with french immersion courses so he replied that he was more fluent in English and they said he would be summoned for another case in the future. Lo and behold, he gets another summon and the trial will be in English.

Anyway, here is the compensation and allowance for the province of Quebec. I don't know if it's the same across Canada.

The following amounts may be granted to prospective jurors called to a jury selection, and to jury members:

Transportation: the cost of public transport or $0.43 per kilometre and parking costs if they travel by car.

Breakfast: $10.40

Lunch: $14.30

Dinner: $21.55

Accomodation: Between $83 and $138 per night.

No compensation is paid for the time spent in the courthouse for jury selection if the perspective juror is dismissed. However, the jurors selected to form a jury receive $103.00 for each day or part of a day of the hearing and deliberation, and for the time they spend confined to the premises designated by the sherriff. That amount is increased to $160.00 per day on the 57th. day after the jury is formed for hearings or deliberations that take place in the evening or that continue on to the following day and in certain other circumstances, the juror is entitled to an additional inedmnity.

If ordered by the judge, jurors are entitled to an allowance for childcare or for the care of other people under their responsibility.

I hope I don't get a smack down by the mods for going o/t but think it's very interesting considering even I didn't know much about jury duty in my own province and country.

Perhaps the mods can move to a more appropriate thread? Here is the Alowances and Compensation. BTW, the first time he was summoned they asked if he was fluent in both French and English. He's ok with french but his schooling was English with french immersion courses so he replied that he was more fluent in English and they said he would be summoned for another case in the future. Lo and behold, he gets another summon and the trial will be in English.

Anyway, here is the compensation and allowance for the province of Quebec. I don't know if it's the same across Canada.

The following amounts may be granted to prospective jurors called to a jury selection, and to jury members:

Transportation: the cost of public transport or $0.43 per kilometre and parking costs if they travel by car.

Breakfast: $10.40

Lunch: $14.30

Dinner: $21.55

Accomodation: Between $83 and $138 per night.

No compensation is paid for the time spent in the courthouse for jury selection if the perspective juror is dismissed. However, the jurors selected to form a jury receive $103.00 for each day or part of a day of the hearing and deliberation, and for the time they spend confined to the premises designated by the sherriff. That amount is increased to $160.00 per day on the 57th. day after the jury is formed for hearings or deliberations that take place in the evening or that continue on to the following day and in certain other circumstances, the juror is entitled to an additional inedmnity.

If ordered by the judge, jurors are entitled to an allowance for childcare or for the care of other people under their responsibility.

Thanks for that info ~n/t~. I wouldn't worry about being a tad off topic, the flow of info is at a lull at this point so hopefully the mods will give us some leeway. :)

I would suggest adding that info to one of the sticky threads (I think there is one on trial docs, it would be important info to include there)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Read about this user in the comments section of the latest BB video. The user does sort of remind me of Luka.. (looked at his pics) But so do many other guys I've seen on the street. However, how odd is it that he posted this video in 2011??? Thoughts? Ice Pick Murder Practice - YouTube

Read about this user in the comments section of the latest BB video. The user does sort of remind me of Luka.. (looked at his pics) But so do many other guys I've seen on the street. However, how odd is it that he posted this video in 2011??? Thoughts? Ice Pick Murder Practice - YouTube

BB is still spreading his/her drivel on YouTube and people still haven't figured out that all his/her delusions presented as fact or well informed "insider info" is just complete and utter bollocks? Goodness... :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

Hi sorry if this has been mentioned I haven't managed to read the entire thread yet. I recognised some sounds in this video and I'm sure he locked the puppy in a cupboard or something similar while he was dismembering JL etc, then brought the dog out for the eating scene. I just recognised the scratching and whimpering from when I have to lock my dog out a room for whatever reason.

was it ever determined/spoken about by LE if the victim was drugged? I know he's moving and alive at the start of the video.

<snipsnip>

After listening to the audio of the kill video I do actually think he might have being snorting some substance. His sneezing and sniffing do resemble ‘colombian flew’ like symptoms, but cant conclude that its the case.

I dont know that much about meth but his behaviour in the video, pre and after seem to be quite controlled. I would quess coke, speed or just a normal flew.

I can speak from... um... "personal experience" and say that I've suspected LRM to be a meth head for sure. I was in a terrible relationship with someone very much like Luka (parents in jail, schizophrenic father, drugs and foster care). He was abusive, narcissistic and terrifying.

The high from meth makes you want to do one thing almost obsessively, for hours on end. I've never watched the video but from what I gathered by his editing, he stopped, started and stopped many times.

He was probably fixated on minute details and thought filming would have gone differently than it ended up being. The movies that influenced him where prob done w better equipment and he may have found it frustrating to not be getting the "results" he wanted.

Being high on meth would have allowed him to stay awake and alert for days (I mean literally dayyyys, coke is different don't ask how I know lol). There was way too much "work" to do and you can't really take your time and have a nap.

I don't know if there is a suitable thread for this question but whilst we are talking of LM's looks etc, do all psychopaths have those eyes that stare through everything? such as in the photo from London, the shot took from the side as an example, it's very unnerving.

From my experience with dating 2 people I *highly suspect* to be NPD, the short answer is yes. Like there is nothing inside them, no "light", nothing animating them. It's like looking at a snake, there's no genuine emotion.

Any display of emotion is either a well practiced act or they are thinking of some injustice or unrelated painful thing to trigger the tears and remorse.

I eventually charged my one ex bf after he tried to strangle me and bite off my lips. When the police came to take my statement they asked if he had ever injured animals in the past. I was ill. My ex told me once about setting a frog on fire. My other (more recent ex) told me about pulling the legs off of a daddy long legs once too.

They are honestly very sick, disconnected and reptilian. I don't care how crazy that sounds, it's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ann-Margrock