GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that might be it, thanks. Just stood out to me as something that might be a new routine for Sherry or a place where theoretically she could have met someone new (I'm not implying romantically, just someone she didn't know in real life.) Sounds pretty harmless, though.

Harmless but very addictive and a huge potential time sink LOL. I don't play it but one of my labmates does. ;)

The only mountain lion attack I have seen left a grotesque amount of blood behind as well as a very clear accident scene with drag marks and struggle marks. They also tend to prefer certain types of terrains and I am not imagining the terrain to be like that where she was running. I could be incorrect there-can anyone describe exactly what it would have looked like and how close she would have been to trees/boulders/rugged areas?

It is depressing, but I think someone had a hand in this in one way or another.

Although the search is at a standstill, Chief DiFonzo says there is work being done.

"There have been people interviewed and talked to by investigators, but at this point I don't know of any particular suspect that's been named," said Police Chief Frank DiFonzo.

He goes on to say, "The longer you go and the more area you cover, you have to start looking at the possibility that maybe she was abducted."

Local authorities want the public to know that the investigation is still underway.

"Absolutely, we're not done with this by any stretch of the imagination and right now we're following leads, getting leads in here and people have observed things we need to know about and we're following those things up with actual contact and we do have some state officials in who are coordinating all the leads we're getting," DiFOnzo said.
http://www.ktvq.com/news/search-for-missing-sidney-teacher-suspended-police-chief-explains-why/

Ok I am still thinking that someone accidently hit her and freaked and just put her into the vehicle that they were driving.... that would explain the shoe being off because I have heard about people being knocked out of their shoes before when hit by a car or truck. A mountain lion attack would leave more evidence and blood and drag marks, and usually mountain lions would have to be injured to be so close to where people live. Most mountain lions tend to stay away from towns I know there have been mountain lions seen before but they were most likely passing through just looking for food somewhere.

This is on LIVE on Foxnew at the moment. Interviewing the husband. FBI taking over as lead - suspending ground search.

Guilt shouldn't be a factor, IMO. Didn't she tell him she was NOT going running that morning? So why should he have done anything other than what he did? Why should he have waited to make sure she didn't? That would be kind of creepy to me, JMO.

Fear makes people think and feel strange things.

No, logically and rationally, if he's innocent, he's innocent, period.

But when someone is overcome with fear, one common reaction is to feel guilty for irrational reasons. It's a sort of survivor guilt, I think.

For instance, when my service dog died of cancer last year, I felt terribly guilty for weeks. Maybe his cancer was caused by the one single time in his 13 years that I gave in five years ago and used insecticide on the front porch? Maybe I should have stopped routine vaccinations sooner? There were times when I relied on commercial dog food to feed him, maybe that predisposed him to cancer? I didn't know what I had done but the primitive, emotional part of my brain was certain it was all my fault.

It wasn't logical, it wasn't rational but my guilt was very, very real to me.

From the reading I've done, I know this isn't an unusual reaction for the families of missing people or the families of murder victims.

The only mountain lion attack I have seen left a grotesque amount of blood behind as well as a very clear accident scene with drag marks and struggle marks. They also tend to prefer certain types of terrains and I am not imagining the terrain to be like that where she was running. I could be incorrect there-can anyone describe exactly what it would have looked like and how close she would have been to trees/boulders/rugged areas?

It is depressing, but I think someone had a hand in this in one way or another.

Even if there wasn't any blood, I would expect there to have been drag marks. Sherry Arnold has been described as being 5'10" and 140 pounds. Mountain lions top out around 200 pounds, so I really doubt a mountain lion could lift and carry her completely off the ground.

Ok I am still thinking that someone accidently hit her and freaked and just put her into the vehicle that they were driving.... that would explain the shoe being off because I have heard about people being knocked out of their shoes before when hit by a car or truck.

That's why I wonder if her shoe was found tied or untied. If it were untied, that may mean she was adjusting it. It was dark and if she were bent over or crouching, she may have been more difficult for a driver to see.

i believe words with friends is a game accessed through facebook and you play with your online friends be it family real friends or just online cyber friends

I actually play it on my phone...there's an iphone app for it.

i believe words with friends is a game accessed through facebook and you play with your online friends be it family real friends or just online cyber friends

That's right. That being said, I know alot of people that have friends on fb that they don't even know for purposes of playing other games like Farmville where you need alot of friends to play. I However, I know a couple of teachers, and they keep their friends strictly to people they know and often times have their fb's under a different name b/c they don't want their students friending them and whatnot.

I don't really buy the accidental hit-and-run...sure, it happens, but a car hitting a jogger is not unheard of, and I think most, if not inclined to help, would just take off, especially at that time of day when they apparently were not seen. Why take her with them? If she was still alive and could ID the car, were they prepared to kill her outright?

I think she must have been abducted, if her show was not staged. MO

I don't really buy the accidental hit-and-run...sure, it happens, but a car hitting a jogger is not unheard of, and I think most, if not inclined to help, would just take off, especially at that time of day when they apparently were not seen. Why take her with them? If she was still alive and could ID the car, were they prepared to kill her outright?

I think she must have been abducted, if her show was not staged. MO

She is in the category that is LEAST likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the US.

Upper middle class white woman, not pregnant, in a stable marriage with no apparent money or anger issues or marriage issues. Also, she is of an age where it's unlikely a sexual predator would choose her as a victim.

I think it's very very unlikely some stranger snatched her up off the street. It also seems very unlikely, given her situation, that her husband or an associate harmed her.

That leaves, to me, the thought that someone hit her accidentally and was on drugs, an illegal alien, or for some other reason couldn't risk reporting the event.

I wonder if LE is looking for cars or trucks with any kind of front end damage? Although I don't know how much front end damage a semi would suffer hitting a person.....

I taught high school and know that teens cherish their weekends for some much-needed shut-eye :eek:fftobed: Most are burning the candle at both ends from Monday through Friday and need to play catch-up when they have the opportunity - usually on weekends. A student perp in this case would have to know that Mrs. Arnold's husband would be out that morning with her alone with two (likely sleeping teenagers) or that she was out of the house on her run - both of which I strongly doubt. jmo

Thinking along the lines of an accidental hit-&-run, as some have suggested...what if the driver was a teen who was on the road not because he had woken up early, but because he hadn't yet gone to bed? Maybe someone who'd spent the night where he shouldnt have and was trying to slip back into his own home unnoticed? Jeanna has suggested that the driver could've been someone who had a lot to lose. What if it was someone(s) with an immature, distorted idea of what the consequences would be if they were caught out on the road at that time and place?

Thinking along the lines of an accidental hit-&-run, as some have suggested...what if the driver was a teen who was on the road not because he had woken up early, but because he hadn't yet gone to bed? Maybe someone who'd spent the night where he shouldnt have and was trying to slip back into his own home unnoticed? Jeanna has suggested that the driver could've been someone who had a lot to lose. What if it was someone(s) with an immature, distorted idea of what the consequences would be if they were caught out on the road at that time and place?

I could see that, but for a young person in a panicked situation, he/she sure did a good job of not leaving much evidence and hiding her away somewhere...

I can follow your train of thought, but I really have a hard time with the idea that the driver would have taken her body away from the scene. People get hit by cars all the time, sadly, and they don't always find the drivers who hit the people. Just in the city where I live there are unsolved hit and run accidents every year. And if she was hit by a car, wouldn't it be likely to find some trace of blood or broken glass from a headlight or obvious tire skid marks on the road or something?

I don't know what happened here, but I've been leaning toward staged crime scene and so far I'm still leaning that direction.

It could be...yet seems far riskier to stop and struggle and carry a person into your vehicle to dispose of them elsewhere than to simply drive on and get clear of the area...JMO

a shoe could come off in a struggle as well (ie: she was already running for a bit from the location so shoes tend to loosen up as you run... ) person hypothetically stops to ask for directions, etc... tries to grab her... she goes for a kick... foot is grabbed and shoe comes off...

just thinking out loud..

I can follow your train of thought, but I really have a hard time with the idea that the driver would have taken her body away from the scene. People get hit by cars all the time, sadly, and they don't always find the drivers who hit the people. Just in the city where I live there are unsolved hit and run accidents every year. And if she was hit by a car, wouldn't it be likely to find some trace of blood or broken glass from a headlight or obvious tire skid marks on the road or something?

I don't know what happened here, but I've been leaning toward staged crime scene and so far I'm still leaning that direction.

Sadly, I agree with the staged crime scene theory. I would really like to know what evidence is on that shoe, though. I definitely see where people are coming from with the hit by a car theory, but it seems too "lucky" that no blood was found, noone heard or saw anything, and that the person would have taken her to cover it up and then had their wits about them enough to make it so she hasn't been found as of yet....

She is in the category that is LEAST likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the US.

Upper middle class white woman, not pregnant, in a stable marriage with no apparent money or anger issues or marriage issues. Also, she is of an age where it's unlikely a sexual predator would choose her as a victim.

I think it's very very unlikely some stranger snatched her up off the street. It also seems very unlikely, given her situation, that her husband or an associate harmed her.

That leaves, to me, the thought that someone hit her accidentally and was on drugs, an illegal alien, or for some other reason couldn't risk reporting the event.

But wouldn't there be evidence of the hit and run at the scene? If she were hit hard enough for her shoe to fly off--- wouldn't there be blood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson