Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Witnesses going quickly now.Crown using them all to establish that #Rafferty threw out back seat of car after Tori's disppearance #sl

I know some here don't believe what's bolded above but if you consider the opposite--that the car seat was gone before the TS abduction, then the Crown would have brought forth the Tennyson neighbours of MTR only to sabotage it's own case. The Crown would not do this. Derestine's questions to the neighbours had the desired effect of confusing the witnesses and testimony. But I don't think he established reasonable doubt in this instance. Especially with the numbers of witnesses corroborating each other on the car seat. JMO

Agree that we are all entitled to our opinions.

I found this: If you're asking if we can get a DNA profile from semen that contains no sperm, then the answer is no. Sperm is the only component of semen that contains DNA. I guess it is possible that someone might shed a few skin cells into the semen, but it would be pretty unlikely.
Here: Sperm fraction? - Straight Dope Message Board

I'm not finding much else, but I'm still looking.

Salem

Maybe the reason they didn't find sperm in the seminal (semen) fluid is because MR is sterile? Could that be? <modsnip>. Or as Mclean explained, it was washed out when they washed the car.

not so strange if the topic of the day was the abduction of TS.. I am sure that conversation was going on in every coffee shop in the area...the place was buzzing with it...it depends as the other poster said how it was presented by MR... don't think it is anything to make me go "OMG"....I am sure a lot of us discussed this case at that time and wondered who or why she was kiddnapped especially with all the rumours that were floating around....:moo::moo:

Certainly would be an OMG moment after she heard about his arrest. And then to find out MR was involved. OMG! :eek:

I'm just so happy he didn't waste LE's time by taking them to the studio, down a hallway, stopping dead in his tracks, turning around and stating ... okay I can't dance :floorlaugh::rocker: :woohoo:moo

ROFLMAO :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

No more questions from Venne. No questions from Derstine.

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty said his female friend was questioned about the Stafford case and he was dragged and questioned because of association

AND INVOLEMENT! :banghead:

I have not read everything today.

Can someone point me to the post that ends Derstine's cross examination of TLM'S?*
I am catching up on past trial threads and am now lost. I think it is around March *26th? I want to read his questions regarding LTM's comments to her god mother after her new confession in Jan 2012.

PS. In today's tweets. I am really disappointed in the two blond hairs not being viable and or ruling out Tori.
MR has great legal council. Still waiting for the smoking gun evidence. Will catch up later.

Did we skip Chapter 8 - His connection to Mount Forest area - or did I just miss a section? I've read about the car and what they found/didn't find followed by todays testimony from people who knew him, knew of him or dated him.

I have not read everything today.

Can someone point me to the post that ends Derstine's cross examination of TLM'S?*
I am catching up on past trial threads and am now lost. I think it is around March *26th? I want to read his questions regarding LTM's comments to her god mother after her new confession in Jan 2012.

PS. In today's tweets. I am really disappointed in the two blond hairs not being viable and or ruling out Tori.
MR has great legal council. Still waiting for the smoking gun evidence. Will catch up later.

check LFP transcripts prob day 6.:twocents:

wonders how or if she found out about the trail of new women as soon as she walked in the slammer.:twocents:

I highly doubt it. MR was pretty good at keeping things secret. I doubt any of these women knew about each other until after his arrest.

MOO

I highly doubt it. MR was pretty good at keeping things secret. I doubt any of these women knew about each other until after his arrest.

MOO

unless someone in there told her:what::twocents:

well I think the crown needs to regroup because what they have presented to date is zero evidence other than a few video's and the word of TLM...maybe they should revisit her...even their pro's could not state for certain any of their claims... :banghead::banghead::moo:

The evidence is also everyone's testimonies. Did you know that? HTH.

ROFLMAO :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

omg in the audio he tried that with LE until LE asked him specifically where he worked odd jobs, what a :turkey:

:twocents:

The evidence is also everyone's testimonies. Did you know that? HTH.

there is only one person so far who has testified that MR raped TS and that is the one who is convicted of murder and also confessed that it was she herself who swung the hammer...what other pieces of evidences are you talking about...can you list them...:what::moo: I may have missed something:banghead::banghead:

:twocents:

there is a movie called "abduction" starring Taylor Lautner where he plays a child that was supposedly abducted and he finds out his parents are not his....it was more complicated plot than that but it is how the movie begins to unfold. This was his first movie after Part 1 - the pregnancy Twilight movie.

MR could have been trying to pass off he was abducted at birth. Trying to play on her sympathies? Maybe he thought this 40 year old woman would make a good mama? Hoping she would take him in? :waitasec: Ever see the movie "The Jerk" with Steve Martin? That comedy is more suiting to this situation IMHO. :floorlaugh:

...TLM's blood being found with MR's sperm on the front passenger seat. [/b]

Above quote snipped for space. I was just pondering reasons why TLM's blood might have ended up on the seat - I came up with a few gross possibilities, which I will state below in case others have not yet thought of these possibilities:

a) maybe she had her period when they got it on.
b) maybe there was some biting going on (I won't speculate though on what might have been bitten of hers).
c) perhaps she cut herself on something (just how much blood are we talking about here?)

<modsnip>. JMO.

unless someone in there told her:what::twocents:

She was in a juvenile detention centre. Who in there would have known MR and how many women he was dating? :waitasec:

Unless it was mentioned to her by LE during their interview with her after they had questioned MR on the 15th. And they only knew of one or two women at that point.

Between that possibility and what MR said to her, I can see why TLM may have realized that she'd been duped and she wasn't going to live happily ever after with her new prince charming.

MOO

well at least the Toronto Star reporter is reporting it correctly with no extra padding..

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...o-scientific-evidence-of-rape-trial-told?bn=1

From that article:

McLean also agreed that the “sperm cell” DNA traces found in different spots in Rafferty’s car did not necessarily come from semen. In fact, she said there was only one sample from the car that was definitely linked to semen and the blood sample mixed with it came from Terri-Lynne McClintic.

So the sperm not coming from semen wasn't a mis-tweet? I think there's a misunderstanding of some kind. This just can't be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86