Steph Watts last-minute defense witness

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

FUHRMAN: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me (sic) ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

Thursday, August 07, 2008

I would take that information which was reported at the time.

So isnt this proof that CA DID NOT say that she left the ladder up/down attached what ever the correct lingo is?? I think this is proof.

I think it's going to come too little and too late. Once the SA's are done presenting their case and JB finally is able to even call witnesses he's going to fall flat IMO! He doesn't even have anyone besides Watts to call for the DT does he? I think he is just mostly recalling the states wittnesses, he even lost most of his forensic people!

IMO by the time he even gets around to calling him the jury will already have ICA halfway down the hall to the death chamber.

Isn't he kind of screwed anyway when most of the science was to prove it wasn't a dead body in the car when he admits that Caylee was really dead at that time. Does he think the jury won't figure out that isn't a coincidence?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMDQzXM4zU&feature=related[/ame]

video with greta in backyard.

This is so freakin funny---so JB reaches up to grab a rope to pull himself up and grabs the shovel----I dis lub this---cant wait til he gets this guy on the stand

The A's could easily have their dates mixed up as to what day (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs) during the week of June 16, that they saw the gate open and ladder attached. IMO, it would of been one of the days ICA backed her car into the garage and "bagged" Caylee. ICA probably took a dip in the pool to get rid of the smell and residue she had on herself after manipulating the remains. MOO

There seems to be two different accounts of what Cindy actually said about the ladder.

From Steph Watts blog, May 24th, 2011:

Steph Watts - But here’s what strange. I remember being in the house shortly after this story broke, myself and Mark Fuhrman. George and Cindy were taking us on a detailed tour of the house including the backyard where they let very few, other reporters in. They showed us the towering bamboo, the shed that investigators had moved, the gates and 3 other sheds that George says were always locked and most importantly the pool. It was an above ground pool, and Cindy commented, in detail that she remembers that she had left the ladder down the dy after Fathers Day. She was very clear about this as she stated that she always left the ladder up, so Caylee couldn’t get up it but she remembered that day that she forgot, and had left it down.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/

On the Record w/Greta - "Behind the CSI Return to Caylee's Grandparents House" 08/06/2008:

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, the business about the -- there's a pool in the back yard, and there's something about the ladder connected to the pool. And in fact, if you can just stand over on -- I've actually got a picture, so you can explain the significance of new information on the ladder and the pool in the back yard. What is the story on this ladder?

MARK FUHRMAN, FMR LAPD HOMICIDE DETECTIVE
: Well, it's interesting. You know, the grandparents are telling me that on the 16th, when Casey and Caylee are leaving that morning at 12:50 -- the previous night, Cynthia, the grandmother, and Casey swam in the pool. After they were done, they take me ladder, which snaps off, and then they take the ladder away from the pool so Caylee can't climb up it by herself. Now, nobody swam in the pool after that night on Sunday. Nobody swam there on Monday. And then Tuesday morning, they noticed that the ladder was back up on the pool, hooked up, and the gate on the side of the house was open. So it's interesting information considering the activity that preceded -- you know, preceded that on the day before.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399183,00.html

I note that JB kept referring to the pool ladder being up on the pool (connected) on Monday, June 16th. But, according to what Steph Watts posted in the above article it was Tuesday.

In his opening statement JB stated that Caylee drowned in the pool on Monday, June 16th. But what Steph Watts says doesn't conform to JB's theory.

I note that JB kept referring to the pool ladder being up on the pool (connected) on Monday, June 16th. But, according to what Steph Watts posted in the above article it was Tuesday.

In his opening statement JB stated that Caylee drowned in the pool on Monday, June 16th. But what Steph Watts says doesn't conform to JB's theory.
SW says that CA left the pool ladder down the day after Father's Day (his interpetation was that she left it where Caylee could access the pool). That would be on Monday, June 16th, the same thing Baez states. It was Mark Fuhrman who said CA told him the pool ladder was connected to the pool on Tuesday the 17th.

I absolutely cannot stand Steph Watts because of how unprofessional he acted as well as his reports about a missing California family.

Pool ladder- remember CA called GA about leaving it down/attached so why would she have done this? JB tried to get her to confess to really not be able to remember, but she stated she remembered because she had called GA.

I believe his name is Steph as in the pronunciation, "Steff". I don't think it matters what Cindy might have told him. Afterall, just because he worked for FoxNews at the time, it doesn't make him more credible than anyone else. imo.

The story about the ladder has been repeated enough to enough people, that it just is a moot point, imo. And, it was told to the police early on, I think. Long before Steph and Mark intruded.

Cindy found the ladder moved, and the side gate unlocked. Probably on the night of June 16th. The day that Casey returned to the house and drowned little Caylee in the pool, and then took her out the side gate to get to the side door into the garage and put her in Casey's car.

Didn't want to get water throughout the house, so went the quick way. Then she left with Caylee in the back of her car. No one saw her. I think the "packaging" came later.

But what Steph says won't matter.

I think Casey just plain drowned her, held her head underwater long enough to kill her. I really don't think chloroform was involved. JMO.

That would mean neighbors could have seen or heard the drowning though. Would she take that chance? Maybe chloroform, tape in the house, then put her in the laundry bag and into the pool? Then she wouldn't see the entire death without the cover of the laundry bag (or some concealment) I don't know, just thinking out loud...

I miss Greta ICA swam and Caylee was not in pool.
To hard to drown Caylee, no one saw or heard anything.
Very hard to get a dead baby out of an above ground pool, IMO.......30 lbs up and over.
IMO, ICA put duct tape on baby, drugged her and put her in trunk,
maybe already wrapped ip in blanket and in garbage bag/ heat / suffication killed her.
So ICA would never handle or see the dead baby.
ICA wouldn't like to get dirty.........
Just my own ideas

Steph seems not to grasp the difference between UP and DOWN. He is totally confusing me.

IIRC, Steph is from Montreal. Greta use to tease him about his phrases all the time. No offense to any French Canadians. I was close to some and they use phrases like Open the light, or Shut the light. It was very confusing at times!

Steph seems not to grasp the difference between UP and DOWN. He is totally confusing me.

Honestly, at first I had it backwards myself. When she said the pool ladder was "up" I pictured it was "put up" as in put away.

I miss Greta ICA swam and Caylee was not in pool.
To hard to drown Caylee, no one saw or heard anything.
Very hard to get a dead baby out of an above ground pool, IMO.......30 lbs up and over.
IMO, ICA put duct tape on baby, drugged her and put her in trunk,
maybe already wrapped ip in blanket and in garbage bag/ heat / suffication killed her.
So ICA would never handle or see the dead baby.
ICA wouldn't like to get dirty.........
Just my own ideas

Now THAT makes sense! ICA could kill her without seeing it, and had time for one last swim in the pool since she wasn't planning to come back home. Wonder why all the phone calls to parents that day, though? Any ideas?

LDB told the Judge at the end of trial day on May 27th - Friday, that the Defense had filed a supplemental witness list and had a certificate of "good cause" attached, and the Defense tried to give the prosecutors info about this person, and the prosecutors needed to review the info and would let the Judge know if the State has any objections to the Defense adding this new witness far past deadlines to add witnesses. We have not heard this brought back up to the Judge ... so we don't know if the Judge will allow the Defense to add Steph Watts or not?? Hope not! Just more confusion and muddy water for the jury. If Steph does not have it on audio recording that Cindy said she "forgot and left the ladder up" ... then I wouldn't think Steph's testimony would be allowed. But, the Judge is always allowing things I don't expect, so the Defense cannot have appeal issues.

Cindy said today in trial testimony that she did NOT tell Steph Watts that she left the ladder up.

Maybe we will see the State now add Mark Furhman to their witness list to rebut what Steph Watts says about the ladder????

BTW ... Steph Watts is not on the State Witness List.

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1eypXuLsh5uatd0yhKQPIBl3_qCYIw5K-bc0q2jEVkHo&hl=en
STATE WITNESS LIST

https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1SJuT6ZnZa_DMbH7rK5QXMFWMCG9xV7KVoIjLLRZfg_E&hl=en
DEFENSE WITNESS LIST

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1IKoWtQFXbILJ9pVMwT-c0dXhXOtFw-u5N2jfvVJM0/edit?hl=en
DEFENSE PENALTY PHASE WITNESS LIST

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back